Topic Options
#48008 - 07/07/04 11:33 AM Staying Current
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
I've noticed that when I go back to the main page, as well as some of the specific forums (the musical forum especially), it doesn't seem to stay current (an example would be my review on the new Judas Priest boxed set which seems to disappear at times).

Is it something to do with the computer? Or is it something else...?

Thanks in advance!
Hail Satan!

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#48009 - 07/07/04 12:05 PM Re: Staying Current (a note) [Re: Nyarlathotep]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
This only seems to happen with Internet Explorer. I'm not having any problems with Netscape.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#48010 - 07/09/04 07:10 AM Re: Staying Current (a note) [Re: Nyarlathotep]
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
So why do you use the IE anyways?

I guess its well known that it is one of the most exploitable and insecure Browser on this world. On the otherside there exist also not a single proper reason to use it.

#48011 - 07/18/04 03:16 PM Re: Staying Current [Re: Nyarlathotep]
Smokey_DeVille Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago
One of the computers I use does this. I just constantly refresh every time I view a page. I'm not sure, but the only difference between the two computers is that one is running Windows XP Pro and the problematic one is running Windows '98. I don't know if that matters, but it's all I can think of.

HS!

L 9

[url=http://www.smokeydeville.com [/url]

#48012 - 07/19/04 10:43 AM Re: Staying Current [Re: Nyarlathotep]
Knocko Offline

Loc: Michigan - Troll Country
I just noticed this here, so I don't know if this information will be relevant or not, (not sure if the problem is solved or not...). In IE 6 and maybe 5.5 there is a setting under Tools --> Internet Options - and on the first tab Temporary Internet Files ---> Settings. In this window there is a setting for when to check for newer pages, this may be set to something other than AUTOMATICALLY, if it is change it. This will tell IE to check for a new page every time you visit that site. This is important for sites that use cookies to identify you. Because the cookie remembers the first instance it was created, not subsequent visits. Or, if this fails, per Magister Ventrue's suggestion, reset the cookies or delete them so a new one can be created.
"When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack. "Old longings nomadic leap, Chafing at custom's chain: Again from its brumal sleep Wakens the ferine strain."" -Jack London, The Call of the Wild

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements