Topic Options
#480102 - 09/06/12 12:37 AM Radio Free Satan
Lust Offline

Hail Witch Tiberia Nine!

Hail Radio Free Satan!

Many years back I discovered Radio Free Satan. I indulged and tuned in. At this time in Satanic history one could even set up an email address (which I did). Many notable members were participating and I recall interacting with them at the site. I found myself in awe and made the remark that one day I too would be a part of this amazing website.

The shows, the characters, well, they all appeal to those of us who share in carnal nature and RFS continues to this day. Satanists of course have diverse tastes and the one thing that is for certain is that when we tune in we can find that desired taste. Comedy, News, Retro, Classical, information, Old school Radio Shows, Noise and Industrial, Hellbilly and much more awaits the eager listener.

Radio Free Satan deserves your attention and consideration. It has stood the test of time and I am damn proud to be a part of it. If you are not familiar or are a seasoned fan do tune in. My hat is off and I salute Radio Free Satan!

www.radiofreesatan.com
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#480261 - 09/09/12 05:57 PM Re: Radio Free Satan [Re: Lust]
Chaos_Sedated Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: San Diego, CA
Thank you for the review, glad you enjoy the programming!
This is our purpose: to make as meaningful as possible this life that has been bestowed upon us; to live in such a way that we may be proud of ourselves; to act in such a way that some part of us lives on.
- Oswald Spengler

#480273 - 09/09/12 11:38 PM Re: Radio Free Satan [Re: Lust]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I'm sure many long-time listeners will concur when I say this: I've seen RFS go through lots of ups and downs ever since it launched over a dozen years ago. I don't think "roller coaster" even begins to describe it. Some great DJs have come and gone, while some other shows that shouldn't have even been given a spot in the first place (and I'm not going to name them here in public) are thankfully gone and forgotten too.

I have a saved copy of the original schedule from August 2000. By that time, RFS had grown to 5 shows that were being sequentially aired in a continuous 32kbps stream that repeated itself every 6 hours. There was NO such thing as "Podcasting" at this time; the idea of being able to download an entire show in your home in less than 4 hours was almost unheard of. I'm pretty sure that not one single name from that list ended up staying with RFS later than 2005.

I've also saved some amusingly nasty emails from the original owner, deriding both myself and my show. I still think about reading these on the air at some point, maybe next year when The Devil's Mischief hits its tenth anniversary. wink

As for RFS today, I still see room for improvement, but again we've thankfully made through a number of past nightmares.

Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
Satanists of course have diverse tastes and the one thing that is for certain is that when we tune in we can find that desired taste.

I've said before that if there's one thing that the DJs have all had in common, it's creating the show that we ourselves want to hear but can't find anywhere. In that sense it's the opposite of what commercial radio is, which is playing purely what other people are supposedly wanting to hear. It's a very selfishly-driven labor of love for all of us on RFS. Paradoxically enough though, RFS has successfully brought in listeners.

Quote:
It has stood the test of time and I am damn proud to be a part of it.

After seeing so many crappy and short-lived shows in the past on RFS, including ones from people who weren't even members, it pleases me greatly to see DJs who actually ARE Church of Satan members (which was kind of the point of the station in the first place) and who can keep up with churning out a great program.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Moderator:  Quaark 

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43941 Topics
405813 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements