Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#481009 - 09/24/12 01:32 AM Re: A Secret [Re: TECHNO]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Let me clarify: By "father role" I meant that women have often asked for my advice and have been very willing to tell me all their "dirty little secrets", knowing that they will not be judged or lose my approval. Under the surface there is something going on about wanting to keep my attention.

My wife looks very good for her age, but she will be 41 in January. It's not like I'm married to an 18 year old! smile That said, her income is larger than mine; she is very independent in many ways. Nonetheless, despite her being eight months older than me, she often compares me to her dad. Sure, my military experience and government job may contribute to the "authority figure" dynamic, but I still think there is something else emotional going on that I can't quite explain.

That "father role" also applies to my Platonic relationships as well. It's something about making women feel safe, secure in their own skin, knowing they can be themselves without having to worry about me freaking out at something they may say.

Knowing that I am a Satanist, they know they can say anything around me.

Let me mull over this some more....

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#481035 - 09/24/12 10:42 AM Re: A Secret [Re: Lust]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Oh c'mon. Haven't you heard the song? crazy grin

Seriously, though, I think it's something a woman is drawn to because, no matter how dominant or submissive she may be, it's nice to be taken care of sometimes. To not shoulder it all. Less to do with sex, more to do with strength. Protection.

Definitely more valuable and rare for a top o' the clock woman to find a man who can genuinely fill this need/desire and not just be an overbearing abusive domineering chauvinistic dickhead. Yeh, there's a difference. wink

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us ľ all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#481038 - 09/24/12 11:49 AM Re: A Secret [Re: Dax9]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Originally Posted By: Dax9
... I still think there is something else emotional going on that I can't quite explain.

I think it's a role than can be particularly effective with more dominant women.

All of us are gentle, soft, fragile creatures at some time or another. But, the consequences of appearing (and/or being) vulnerable can be quite undesirable for the 12-ish ladies. It's dangerously close to being prey. So, for women who are inherently more wolf than Little Red Riding Hood, encountering a man who is capable of letting her feel honestly submissive is giving free rein to her Demonic.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us ľ all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#481085 - 09/25/12 01:47 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Lust]
Lust Offline

I have thought about the replies left in this thread. I doubt that the Doktor ever sought after a father like role but maintained a masculine, genuine personality that the ladies simply picked up on. He was/is genius and at most times that means being a good listener and speaker. It is my opinion that he possessed both qualities - as do I.

The Secret per say speaks volumes as does his third book but I think this father like mentality is not what he was going for. I allow my ladies to be themselves, no questions asked. I allow and want the carnal to manfest and I see this as the same jive the Doktor spoke of. I mean - Marilyn Monroe liked to fart during sex according to an article that I read and he enjoyed this trait about her. There is a lot to pick up on here but I feel it drifts back to the carnal nature that he adored so, and again - so do I.

Thoughts?
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#481087 - 09/25/12 03:34 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Lust]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Loc: America
Speaking from my own experience, I have a fiancee who loves my masculinity and good listening and speaking.

She's perfectly comfortable around me and can be herself completely, and I can get her very enthralled and aroused pretty easily.

Then with girls I'm just friends with, I can play a sort of "gay best friend" who isn't actually gay sort of role often, listening and giving advice.

None of them are attracted to me to my knowledge.

Along with this and the Synthesizer Clock, this just seems blatantly contradictory now in terms of attraction and seduction...I mean, is just EVERY straight woman attracted to a strong dominant man regardless of her clock position now??

I wasn't clear on that to be honest even when reading The Satanic Witch; 12 o'clock women need a big strong man, (hard to find one to fit them but those guys are out there) and then the 6 o'clock women also need big strong men to dominate them...

Does this mean all heterosexual men should be as masculine and strong as possible, to the limit of not being overbearing or violent towards women?

#481088 - 09/25/12 03:59 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Labyrinthine]
Lust Offline

Knowing one's clock position and the balance factor means everything - of course.

Does this mean all heterosexual men should be as masculine and strong as possible, to the limit of not being overbearing or violent towards women?

Why should a heterosexual man be violent or overbearing towards anyone if he is comfortable in his own skin? Vice verse even?

The essay is the important ingredient. Read it!
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż

#481089 - 09/25/12 05:05 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Lust]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

I type myself as a 3:30 o'clock, and my fiancee as a 9 o'clock.

So we have that natural compatibility, and I know I'm most attracted to women in the ~8-10 o'clock range.

Of course self-comprehension and control is necessary before one can successfully project one's power outward; if one is comfortable in one's own skin he can be comfortable and confident enough to influence others magically.

Issue for me is with this essay appears in opposition to the Synthesizer Clock...there is only one type of male, who if he uses himself properly can attract the only one type of female...that's what I'm getting anyway.

I don't see much different from what people are expressing in this forum.

I'm extremely open to correction.

#481091 - 09/25/12 05:21 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Lust]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I asked my wife why she was attracted to me. She told me that she likes masculine and athletic men. The Marines uniform was a bonus.

I make her feel safe and my masculinity was a key factor in wanting to bear my children.

#481092 - 09/25/12 06:35 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Lust]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

I'll add that I did learn how to be attractive to the opposite sex midway through high school.

I learned to not be so "nice" and to be more assertive and masculine and a bit mysterious.

Never became mean, but became "not a suck-up" essentially.

Then when I read The Satanic Witch I learned of the Majority/Demonic self concepts and personality typing, and that helped me understand why I was repeatadly attracted to a specific type of gal.

And acting up my type, using what I have and am WELL, helps enormously...

#481093 - 09/25/12 06:48 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Labyrinthine]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I was always the guy that would be the only one not "sweating" a certain female. They would become interested in finding out why.

I also scored a few dates just for the fact that I was the only one in my group of friends that did not smoke cigerettes.

#481101 - 09/25/12 10:53 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Lust]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

I just skimmed over the article again. This one line jumped out at me:

Quote:
I give back the father figure.

Upon my last reading I may have made the error of interpreting it as the Doktor offering himself as a father figure to the women in his relationships. I see now that this may have meant that he intended to "give back" the father figure role as obsolete. Is this what you think Dr. LaVey meant?

In any case, I'm going to continue to use what works for me! smile

HS!

-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#481102 - 09/25/12 11:00 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Dax9]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

I interpret it as the meaning you originally he took; that he was taking on a father figure role himself.

I've never heard the phrase "take back" to mean stopping using something because that thing is obsolete, or to make something obsolete.

It would be very strange language to use like that and doesn't make sense in that meaning in context either.

#481104 - 09/25/12 11:18 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Labyrinthine]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Good. Maybe I was right the first time.

I'm open to all thoughts within this pleasurable discussion. cool

-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#481106 - 09/25/12 11:31 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Dax9]
Lust Offline

The idea here is not to rationalize - rather go with what works. Being familiar with the Doktor's biography and how he aligned himself with (what works) speaks more than words. This I feel bleeds into the very essay I speak of, lest someone wishes to correct me?

#481129 - 09/26/12 12:35 PM Re: A Secret [Re: Lust]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
You certainly need no correction Warlock.
I have this natural way about me, I am carnal very carnal.
When I am with a man I want to pleasure him as well as be pleasured. It is two way street for me.
I love the pleasures of the flesh.
When I have sex with a man, I am wanting his hard phallic in me.
I don't need father figures or protection, I want a man for sex, so all daddy types and bouncers please stay home.

Edited by Azeri (09/26/12 12:37 PM)

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements