Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#480486 - 09/13/12 05:56 PM Re: Satanic Programming Praxis [Re: TheAbysmal]
Lust Offline

I know you were not responding to me but if I may cut in?

What you are missing is that Satanism is not an universal religion but is solitary. I have stated many times that if all members turned in their red cards that I would hang on to mine because it means that much to me. I have not only taken on the title but the symbol also means that much to (me).

Satanism is a selfish religion/philosophy.

While it does demand study it also spits in the face of altruism!

Get it? Good!

Hail Satan!
WTI
coopdevil

P.S.

Rev. Drake Bamboozle hit the nail on the head!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#480491 - 09/13/12 06:40 PM Re: Satanic Programming Praxis [Re: TheAbysmal]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Okay, so, I think I might be starting to grasp what you're after. Correct me if I'm wrong here. What you seem to be saying is that you're concerned to ensure that your take on some particular issue is adequately or properly Satanic, so you have developed this system of rules which, when applied, you believe is more likely to result in a Satanic formulation of the issue. In this respect, the exercise is like programming praxis, in that it yields an elegant solution to a given problem. Is that correct?

#480496 - 09/13/12 07:23 PM Re: Satanic Programming Praxis [Re: reprobate]
TheAbysmal Offline

No, I'm not concerned that I'm adequately or properly Satanic. I'm not aware of a system of rules that, when applied, lead to a Satanic perspective on an issue that would not otherwise arise.

Rather, I might be looking to glean from another's perspective on something that I've never encountered or thought of before myself, and then ponder for myself, "How is that Satanic?" Or, "How would that serve me?"

Finding elegant or even novel solutions to given problems or perspectives on issues... Yes.

There are just things that never occurred to me before.

For instance, I remember first coming here years ago and reading about the so-called third perspective. What's that? Drimlybunk gave me an excellent example of it, showing how the whole issue of pro-life and pro-choice wasn't as dichotomous as it is so widely believed to be.

In fact, I had always found myself struggling to reconcile how I felt about abortion and finding neither side quite fitting my views. The Responsibility to the Responsible view, when he mentioned it, was perfect. Once I had that concept or that elegant solution to my dilemma, I had it to apply everywhere I found it problematic to pick a side.

Drimlybunk showed me something that I had that I didn't realize.

He didn't do so with a koan, praxis, or indirect example, but he could have. I may or may not have gotten it as quickly, but I'd might have had the same "Aha!".

I'm rather taken with Tier Instinct's recent reply. I haven't mistaken Satanism as non-selfish, altruistic, or anything like that, but I may have discounted how selfishness renders my idea pointless. Satanism being inherently selfish, any submission like what I had described could/would sail over the heads of anyone else who read it.

So, at this point, I see no reasonable recourse other than to admit the now evident error in my original thinking, declare this thread of mine still-born, and leave it be.

I got something out of all this at least, and I appreciate everyone's feedback that made it obtainable. Hopefully, this isn't such a train wreck that others can't, too.

Refuse to die.

#480498 - 09/13/12 07:36 PM Re: Satanic Programming Praxis [Re: TheAbysmal]
Bet'phage Offline

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: TheAbysmal
So, at this point, I see no reasonable recourse other than to admit the now evident error in my original thinking, declare this thread of mine still-born, and leave it be.

I got something out of all this at least, and I appreciate everyone's feedback that made it obtainable. Hopefully, this isn't such a train wreck that others can't, too.

Sometimes the questions we ask are not the questions we actually want the answer to. Perhaps people's replies to this thread have answered a question that was not the one which was asked?

How's that for being indirect? coopdevil

http://www.vampiretemple.com/whatis.html

#480500 - 09/13/12 07:49 PM Re: Satanic Programming Praxis [Re: Bet'phage]
TheAbysmal Offline

Quote:
Perhaps people's replies to this thread have answered a question that was not the one which was asked?

Right you are. smile

Refuse to die.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements