Topic Options
#48065 - 07/08/04 09:22 AM An articles section?
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Any input on a possible "Articles of Interest" section in the public forums?

A place,possibly, to post articles or links to them.

Just a thought.

#48066 - 07/08/04 07:00 PM Re: An articles section? [Re: Mr_Atrox]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

Any input on a possible "Articles of Interest" section in the public forums?A place,possibly, to post articles or links to them.Just a thought.

The main glitch with the idea is that it's too broad. Also, people post a wealth of articles or links to articles pertaining to subjects relevant to this board's various forums, so an "Article" section might be a tad extraneous, or redundant. Unless, you've got an angle on it that I don't.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#48067 - 07/08/04 08:09 PM Re: An articles section? [Re: MagisterParadise]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:

Also, people post a wealth of articles or links to articles pertaining to subjects relevant to this board's various forums, so an "Article" section might be a tad extraneous, or redundant

This is what I viewed as the idea's largest obstacles. Then I began to tinker with the idea of clearly delineating what sorts of articles would be considered acceptable for such a section. Specifically, materials that demonstrated a grasp of concepts pertinent to Satanism beyond the first phase stage. I trashed that notion...mainly because most people can't even follow the few rules already in existance on the board,so putting more of them in place began to look more and more like a fool's game.
I was initially struck by the idea as a way of drawing out more quality writing/ideas in each respective forum as opposed to individuals simply posting an article or link to an article and then not following up with some fresh take on it of their own. However, it also occurred to me that sections such as that of Music might become starved as a result.

Forum Stats
12098 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405469 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements