Topic Options
#480681 - 09/18/12 01:29 AM Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Loc: America
What file format is preferred for the identification image included in the Application if it's e-mailed in? Jpg I would assume.

And then for the signature; how do we do that through e-mail?

Just a digital photograph of the signature?

Thanks.

#480725 - 09/18/12 10:44 PM Re: Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail [Re: Labyrinthine]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Also; does whoever reads and accepts/rejects the Active applications expect that if we email it in, we fill in the form on the PDF document or can we just attach a well-labelled Word document corresponding with the form and questions?

I don't know how to edit the PDF file...

Got it; "(e-mail Active Applications in plain text, rich text, or MS Word format to membership@churchofsatan.com" smile

Edited by Labyrinthine (09/18/12 10:46 PM)

#480728 - 09/19/12 12:01 AM Re: Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail [Re: Labyrinthine]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Very good.

For others reading this just got to this page and then scroll down to "Active Membership" for the precise details for that application.

For Registered Membership see the paragraph above that one.

#480729 - 09/19/12 12:20 AM Re: Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail [Re: Nemo]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

And I was correct in sending in my signature in the form of a jpeg image; a picture of a piece of paper I signed?

#480731 - 09/19/12 04:03 AM Re: Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail [Re: Labyrinthine]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Was your signature affixed to Part II of the application for Active Membership according to the instructions?

#480736 - 09/19/12 08:51 AM Re: Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail [Re: Nemo]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

This was through email.

In Part II, for "Question" 40, (the signature,) I just typed that I had attached in the email an image of my signature on a piece of paper I signed.

I can't imagine how else to provide a signature over the Internet.

Was I correct in this method?

#480758 - 09/19/12 04:39 PM Re: Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail [Re: Labyrinthine]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

I am not certain on this.

Usually for most formal business documents requiring a signature (such as contracts) a paper version is printed, a signature affixed, a pdf copy of the signed version is created and emailed, followed by the original signed copy by postal mail.

The more recent innovation of allowing for an "electronic signature" is sometimes accepted as well by some business and governments. However in something truly important following up with a physical copy with an ink signature while retaining a copy for your own records is the more conservative approach.

Quite clearly the Church wants to simply be certain that the application signature is yours and not a forgery.

As this is an important document I would personally follow it up with a physical signed original by postal mail just to be certain.

#480761 - 09/19/12 06:46 PM Re: Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail [Re: Nemo]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Thank you Magister, that makes sense.

I hope anyone on here who may be involved with the processing of applications, or at least knows for sure how they work can give a definite answer of what is expected.

I'm THINKING what I did would be ok, considering I'm already a Registered Member and my personal info matches up with that Registered Membership, and the image of the signature is clear...

Edited by Labyrinthine (09/19/12 06:54 PM)

#480776 - 09/20/12 12:12 AM Re: Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail [Re: Labyrinthine]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Labyrinthine
And I was correct in sending in my signature in the form of a jpeg image; a picture of a piece of paper I signed?

Why can't you just sign the application, scan the signed copy with a scanner, and send the scanned image? Or in this day and age of hi-res digital cameras, forget the scanner and just take full picture of the signed page and crop it?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#480797 - 09/20/12 03:52 PM Re: Concerning Active Membership Application Through E-Mail [Re: Bill_M]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Originally Posted By: Labyrinthine

Why can't you just sign the application, scan the signed copy with a scanner, and send the scanned image? Or in this day and age of hi-res digital cameras, forget the scanner and just take full picture of the signed page and crop it?

I will do this today.
Thanks Reverend.

Forum Stats
12098 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405469 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements