Topic Options
#480738 - 09/19/12 11:52 AM What is Satanism for you?
Twoballcrane Offline

A rather contorted question, i accept, but asked with honesty.

What does Satanism mean for you?
And why do you follow this path?

I am not a member of the CoS, yet. I feel i need to speak with actual members before making any decision.

What i am particularly interested in, is whether you are into this to benefit yourself, or benefit your society? and what your logic is behind that.

Sincerely,
Twoballcrane.

PS. i reserve the right to challenge people. This is not to cause bad feelings or create problems, i simply feel it is my duty to question everything, to find the truth.

Thankyou.

Edited by Twoballcrane (09/19/12 12:13 PM)

#480743 - 09/19/12 01:19 PM Re: What is Satanism for you? [Re: Twoballcrane]
Bet'phage Offline

Loc: Ohio
Have you read The Satanic Bible yet?

Regardless of anyone else's reasons for being a Satanist, this is the work that explains why anyone would consider themselves one.

Either you see yourself in that work, or you do not. Satanism, being an individualist's religion, you must be satisfied with your own reasons.

http://www.vampiretemple.com/whatis.html

#480745 - 09/19/12 02:00 PM Re: What is Satanism for you? [Re: Twoballcrane]
Robert K Stock Offline

Loc: El Reno, Oklahoma
If you had read the Satanic Bible you would already know the answer to your question about Satanists being members of the Church for the benefit of themselves or society.

You should do some studying first and then ask questions.

#480746 - 09/19/12 02:19 PM Re: What is Satanism for you? [Re: Twoballcrane]
Lust Offline

My society and the individuals who I surround myself with benefit from their association with me.

I have known Christians who haven taken their valuable time to visit jails and try to convert criminals into their death cult. That I can understand because the mythological Christ was a criminal too. Capitol punishment was the result.

Satanism is a selfish, carnal, law abiding religion and is based on the individuals desires. It requires no need to proselytize and all that I have mentioned and have not mentioned here means a lot to me.

HS!
WTI
coopdevil

�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#480752 - 09/19/12 03:15 PM Re: What is Satanism for you? [Re: Twoballcrane]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> What i am particularly interested in, is whether you are into this to benefit yourself, or benefit your society? and what your logic is behind that. <<

I couldn't give a fuck about society. I refer you to my current signature.

grin

However, members of the Church of Satan who are employed in law enforcement and other areas of public servitude may very well care about society.

Edited by Drake_Bamboozle (09/19/12 03:16 PM)

Forum Stats
11890 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements