Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#481016 - 09/24/12 02:31 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Now....is it the thread, the post, the concept, or your existence that has you befuddled?

Of all the current threads, I would have thought that the theme of "mention something you recently enjoyed" was the easiest to jump in to!

My latest enjoyment is definitely Reverend Bill M´s previous comment and the question of Magistra Ygraine before that. Thank you both, you made my day.. smile

#481029 - 09/24/12 08:40 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

Of all the current threads, I would have thought that the theme of "mention something you recently enjoyed" was the easiest to jump in to!

Yes, but that's only true if you know how to enjoy life.

The grumpy people will only hurt themselves.

#481030 - 09/24/12 08:41 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Luigi]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Luigi Hammarlund
My latest material enjoyment was my recent trip to Prague. I have been there 4 times and I never grow tired of the place. Apart from being absolutely stunning, Prague boasts the best and cheapest beer you can get in the Western world.

The Bohemian capital is also famous for its magical/occult past. Edward Kelley and John Dee worked a few years in Prague, trying to find the Philosopher's Stone. The Jewish Quarter (Josefov) is famous by being the place where Rabbi Judah Loew ben Bezalel created the mythical Golem -- as romanticized by Gustav Meyrink.

Prague is my personal Mecca -- every now and then I need to visit the city by the Vltava. Every time I'm there I have a coffee at the Kavárna Slavia (Slavia Café), a Gambrinus in a hospodá (pub), a midnight stroll through Charles Bridge, svícková (beef and dumplings with double cream) in the Olympia restaurant and, finally, another pilsener at Letenské sady (Letná Park), on the top of the hill which overlooks the city.

Here is a photo from my last trip (the silhouette of the castle in Prague, viewed from Letná):

Beautiful photo, thanks for sharing, we can never get enough enjoyment in this world grin

#481033 - 09/24/12 09:34 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
Interesting! I hadn't thought of siri as an A.I. although I did consider the similarity to Bioware's V.I. (Virtual Intelligence) concept in the Mass Effect series and I agree that there is much potential yet to be explored.

I've become quickly frustrated and given up using both programs but perhaps I've been too harsh in my approach.

Fun fact: Siri spelled backward is Iris...

#481044 - 09/24/12 12:28 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: TECHNO]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: TECHNO
I've become quickly frustrated and given up using both programs but perhaps I've been too harsh in my approach.

It probably depends on what you're doing. I've found S-Voice to be pretty good for opening apps (e.g., "Launch Calendar"), going to websites (e.g. "Go to Netflix"), looking up weather, setting alarms and calendars, and creating simple text messages verbally while I'm driving. Again, it's certainly not flawless, but I think we've come a long way with this kind of technology.

Here's an article with some comparisons of S-Voice, Siri, and Google Now:
http://www.boston.com/business/technolog...or_competitors/

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#481050 - 09/24/12 01:55 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
verszou Offline

Mine was a new suitcase in a "cabin friendly" size. I needed it to bring home my shopping during my recent trip to London. I found a lot of music, movies, books and comics smile

This year there was a bit of a Sherlock Holmes theme to the trip, with us visiting both the pub and the museum, and I managed to find both the new TV series and some of the old ones. Which fits in rather well with this dark and rainy weather we've been having since my return smile

#481051 - 09/24/12 02:02 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

My new favorite drank. Damn that was good!

#481052 - 09/24/12 02:46 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Callier]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Loc: NC

Thank you Magister Nemo for this idea from your book, The Fire From Within. After reading The Fire From Within I just had to have this custom wristband made to my specifications.

"WHAT WOULD SATAN DO?"

"Life is the great indulgence--death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life--HERE AND NOW!"

#481063 - 09/24/12 05:20 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Callier]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Ooooo, I love that stuff too!

#481069 - 09/24/12 06:09 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Callier]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

That stuff is excellent. Very tasty.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#481076 - 09/25/12 07:14 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: verszou]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
"The Case of the Cabin Friendly Suitcase" sounds suitably ominous. grin

I am so envious of your weather! With my black-out curtains, a little magic and my determined delusions I can usually do pretty good job transporting myself. But I do miss walking in the rain. smile

Is the new series the one with Benedict Cumberbatch? Because I'm really quite smitten with him. I haven't been so taken with a Sherlock since Jeremy Brett. Well, so many incredible actors have played this role it's difficult to pick a favorite: John Barrymore, Basil Rathbone, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, John Neville, George C. Scott and I thought Robert Downey Jr. did a really good job too.

Anyway, neat trip!
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#481078 - 09/25/12 10:29 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Shade]
verszou Offline

Somebody should definitely write that story smile

I got the second season of the Benedict Cumberbatch series, bought the first one when I was in London last year. It's really good. I also found the complete Jeremy Brett series, including the five film-length episodes. I also got the second Downey Jr. movie and a box with Ronald Howard as Holmes. I got the John Barrymore collection and two of the Christopher Lee movies last year.

In my previous post I forgot to mention a book I found that might interest people "Captain Nemo - The Fantastic Adventures of a Dark Genius". It tells he story of what happened to Nemo before he became the captain of the Nautilus. It sounded like an interesting tale smile

#481114 - 09/26/12 01:52 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Janina]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Janina
My latest enjoyment is definitely Reverend Bill M´s previous comment and the question of Magistra Ygraine before that. Thank you both, you made my day.. smile

You're welcome!

As for my latest enjoyment, I had fun slapping this promo pic together (as well as the TDM episode it's for):

Attachments
dm430_1930s.PNG

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#481142 - 09/26/12 10:41 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

#481322 - 10/02/12 11:10 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Valtiel Offline

Loc: Hollywood
Since moving to LA I've not had much time to devote to my own material things. Other than it's the first time I've considered myself 'settled' in a while, and thus unpacked everything I own in one place to be able to look at it all. Made me very happy with my literature collection and has been an elbow in my side to add to it.

For those of you in the LA area, 'The Last Bookshop' is probably one of my favorite stores on Earth. Absolutely love the place...

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >

Forum Stats
12200 Members
73 Forums
43984 Topics
406068 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements