Topic Options
#481145 - 09/27/12 12:06 AM Satanism and American Politics
AdamJ Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Hi; my name is Adam and I'm a journalist based out of New York City looking to write an article about the Church of Satan and the upcoming presidential election.

I've gathered from this website as well as churchofsatan.com that Satanism is an extremely individualistic philosophy, and that there's a strong emphasis on anonymity to keep members safe from fearful religious zealots. I also seem to be getting the vibe that there's no true "community" in the traditional sense of large group gatherings in the name of Satanism.

In any case, I have little interest in unveiling Satanists or trying to preach Satanists into converting to an orthodox Judeo-Christian faith. I want to write an article about Satanists and how different Satanists use Satanism in making political decisions. I am neither a member of the CoS, nor a critic. I'm a journalist.

If you'd be interested in talking to me, please send me a message. I'm also happy to meet up if you're in New York City.

#481146 - 09/27/12 12:23 AM Re: Satanism and American Politics [Re: AdamJ]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
You could send an enquiry regarding speaking to an official spokesperson from the Church of Satan here: Administration@churchofsatan.com

We will look at your proposal and get back to you if it all appeals to us.

I am such a spokesperson. But A. I am in England, and B. I am not personally inclined towards getting involved in the project.

Other than that posting a message on an internet board will most probably net you any old kook.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#481148 - 09/27/12 02:09 AM Re: Satanism and American Politics [Re: AdamJ]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Adam, also here is some specific information pertinent to your interest:

Church of Satan Policy on Politics.

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406003 Posts