Topic Options
#481193 - 09/28/12 08:59 PM 'The Real Victims' from Satan Speaks
ElizabethC. Offline

I'm re-reading Satan Speaks and the essay 'The Real Victims' is about the current culture of victimhood and most people aren't actually victims--they're just looking for excuses. Then he says that there are indeed real victims--the innocent. Then there's this:

'The women's movement destroyed naivete, and in doing, it annihilated innocence.'

It seems to be saying that the real victims are people who've lost their innocence. I thought Satanism was about being intelligent and inquisitive. Innocence as perfection is a very Christian concept--Adam and Eve were perfect until they lost their innocence. Being aware was god-like, which was why god didn't want them to eat of the tree of knowledge.

Thoughts?

#481199 - 09/28/12 09:42 PM Re: 'The Real Victims' from Satan Speaks [Re: ElizabethC.]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: ElizabethC.
It seems to be saying that the real victims are people who've lost their innocence. I thought Satanism was about being intelligent and inquisitive. Innocence as perfection is a very Christian concept--Adam and Eve were perfect until they lost their innocence.

You seem to be taking this one word out of context and trying to relate it to Abrahamic mythology. The essay continues from that sentence to "The malcontents versus the satisfied. The ugly versus the beautiful. And the malcontent and the ugly were to become the official victims from which the scam of oppression would emerge and flourish. "You're not really happy -- you just think you are because your eyes haven't been opened to the way you've been used." "You're not really happy" became a command, not an analysis."

Quote:
Being aware was god-like, which was why god didn't want them to eat of the tree of knowledge.

But this bogus playing of the victim card is NOT about any real awareness. It's about wanting attention and somebody else to blame for one's own short-comings. Bullshitting yourself with the attitude of "I'm oppressed by [insert scapegoat here]" when you're really not, is NOT "awareness". It's hypocritical self-deceit. Meanwhile there are some individuals who truly do become victims of something through no fault of their own (read: innocent) whether it's through the bad luck of circumstances or ironically being the scapegoat of somebody who plays the victim card.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#481205 - 09/28/12 10:32 PM Re: 'The Real Victims' from Satan Speaks [Re: ElizabethC.]
ElizabethC. Offline

Oh, I wasn't saying being a victim was being self-aware. The Perpetual Victim is the sort of person I want to give something to whinge about.

I just wasn't understanding what LaVey meant by the word 'innocent' and how it relates to the women's movement.

#481206 - 09/28/12 10:38 PM Re: 'The Real Victims' from Satan Speaks [Re: ElizabethC.]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I would speculate that doubting everything that could ever make you happy is a loss of innocence.

A girl can't accept a flower from a guy. That's Heteronormative Cis-Sexist White Male Privileged Euro-Centric power dynamics at work, you see. See?

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#481236 - 09/29/12 09:52 PM Re: 'The Real Victims' from Satan Speaks [Re: ElizabethC.]
Lust Offline

I think that the church has even stepped forth and spoke of Adam and Eve as metaphorical.

When you can conceive of what the Doktor speaks about is when you gain understanding.

Magister Svengali exposed modern culture, his name is, Edward Bernays.
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#481254 - 09/30/12 09:28 AM Re: 'The Real Victims' from Satan Speaks [Re: Insurgent]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: Insurgent
That's Heteronormative Cis-Sexist White Male Privileged Euro-Centric power dynamics at work, you see. See?

Damn, you've got the rhetoric down! I'm impressed wink.

HEGEMONY! HEGEMONY! It's all HEGEMONY!

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#481353 - 10/04/12 02:27 AM Re: 'The Real Victims' from Satan Speaks [Re: ElizabethC.]
Marzus Offline

Loc: The Far North
I like dragons.

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements