Topic Options
#481468 - 10/07/12 09:03 PM Printing my own custom copy of The Satanic Bible
Berzerk Offline

I own a few copies of TSB but I am not satisfied with the physical quality of the cover or pages.

Under US copyright laws, it is legal to print your own copy of a book - for personal use - if you already own that book.

I think the original copy must be destroyed to be 100% legal.

I would like to hire a book binder to make a custom copy of TSB.

I want a very fine cover and the best paper available.

Money is no object.

I would like an additional copy (I own a few actual copies) made in the same quality of the mini Gideon's Bible. I like the durable cover and the high quality paper.

I would also like to purchase a copy for my smartphone.

The CoS has not produced these items, to my dismay, even though there is demand.

If this is totally illegal, I will take it upon myself to purchase high quality paper myself and write it out by hand and then have that bound.

These copies are for my own use and will not be sold.

Please enlighten me with your thoughts on my plans.

#481469 - 10/07/12 09:09 PM Re: Printing my own custom copy of The Satanic Bible [Re: Berzerk]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
With specific regard to copies of The Satanic Bible for electronic devices:

Quote:
The publisher of this book, HarperCollins/Avon, has not released an eBook version, so if you do find an electronic file of this book it is not authorized and is violating the copyright.
-From Church of Satan FAQ.

#481474 - 10/08/12 01:51 AM Re: Printing my own custom copy of The Satanic Bible [Re: Berzerk]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
As Magister Nemo states, all e-copies of the book are illegal.

But there is no problem creating your own physical copy of the book for personal use. Many people here have made their own copies with leather covers, or commissioned someone to manufacture them a single copy of the book in accordance with their personal requirements.

#482230 - 10/30/12 07:07 AM Re: Printing my own custom copy of The Satanic Bible [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
charles devotee
Unregistered

Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.

Edited by Quaark (10/30/12 07:18 AM)

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404156 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements