Topic Options
#481827 - 10/18/12 03:03 AM Greetings
DarkStigmata Offline

Loc: California
Greetings all.

I would like to give you all a short introduction. My name is Adam and I am currently living in California. At the time that I am typing this, I am 32 years old.

My first reading of the Satanic Bible and exposure to the Church of Satan was while I was in High School. During that time, my parents had found out that I was reading about Satanism and nothing that I could say at the time could convince them that Satanism was not what they were brainwashed into thinking it was. This was before the time of the internet, so I had only that black clad book to refer back to. So my studies of Satanism was put on hold. Since then I had discovered and gotten into the "neo-pagan" movement (if one could call it such). I went from studying wicca, druidry, etc. Nothing quite fit me as well as Satanism did when i was in High School. The drama and utter bullshit in the greater "pagan" community reminds me of a carbon copy of the xian "faith". I'm done with all of that melodrama. EVERYTHING in the Satanic Bible, to me is like a mirror. I AM the Satanic Bible in a weird sort of way (if you get my meaning).

So, here I am again. Recognizing myself as a Satanist! I do have one stumbling block though. I cannot fully consider myself an atheist. As far as "god" is concerned, I recognize myself as a Pantheist and "Itheist" ( as some other Satanist,including Magister Gilmore identify themselves as).

With this said, what are your views and the views of the Church of Satan itself on Pantheism? Would a Pantheist/Itheist/Satanist be welcomed into the Church of Satan after all these years.

Cheers to you all!
Hail Satan!

#481832 - 10/18/12 07:49 AM Re: Greetings [Re: DarkStigmata]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Pantheism is one of those words that you pretty much need to define before getting into a discussion concerning it, as it has been used with differing shades of meaning. If you want to lay this philosophy next to Satanism, two things occur to me: 1)Pantheism does away with a dualistic view of the world claiming that spirit and matter are essentially part of one greater whole. Satanism denies that their is a duality. All is carnal. 2)Pantheism hangs the word "god" onto the universe. Satanists hang it on themselves. That being said, there are times I am caught up in a sense of awe of the universe. I can understand a type of "religious" sentiment toward it. But I think Satanism answers that need.

It is nice to see a thinking person making an introduction. Thanks for not assuming your taste in music or movies is of import. smile

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#481845 - 10/18/12 01:19 PM Re: Greetings [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
DarkStigmata Offline

Thanks for the response Roho_the_Rooster

To me, and may be way off base and misunderstand the term, but Pantheism respects and recognizes a "theistic" (for lack of a better word) tie in all things. I don't see this as any form of "god" for I am my own god. I am responsible for my own life. I think this comes into play with me because I am a big nature buff. I love to go camping and hiking and nature as a whole is a big part of my life. I am in awe of the majesty of nature. HOWEVER, I don't consider it a "god". Science, the universe, nature etc is something than can be proven and thus I don't believe in "the man in the clouds" or any other anthropomorphic "god-like" being. So I guess I do identify more with an atheistic point of view and even more so a Satanic world view.

#481859 - 10/18/12 11:10 PM Re: Greetings [Re: DarkStigmata]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
This answer from the Church of Satan FAQ addresses this issue squarely.

You may also wish to refer to my essay here under "Theory and Practice" for an elaboration.

#481861 - 10/19/12 12:25 AM Re: Greetings [Re: Nemo]
DarkStigmata Offline

Thank you Magister Nemo. I have read your essay in the past and I do agree whole heartily that no, we don't know everything. Things that we use on a daily basis today (cell phones, the internet, Zippo lighters) would have been considered impossible and "witchcraft" a thousand years ago. I personally leave myself open to possibilities yet with a heightened sense of skepticism.

With that said and better understood, I do consider myself a "Satanic Atheist" (which seams to me a little redundant).

I hope to be joining the Church as soon as I come into an extra $200. No knowing how far off that may be. But that doesn't mean I cannot get a head start on my studies.

Cheers my friends!
Hail Satan!

#481881 - 10/19/12 06:59 PM Re: Greetings [Re: DarkStigmata]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You are most welcome.

#481982 - 10/22/12 01:20 AM Re: Greetings [Re: DarkStigmata]
TheMerryRose Offline

Loc: the City Of Sin.
Greetings DarkStigmata.

Welcome to the board. I think you may find alot of pepole around here who get what you are saying about being The Satanic Bible. I know that I myself have often felt upon reading it and the other works of Dr. LaVey like he could have writen them just for me. I also often find myself marveling at the timeliness of the subjects about which he writes. Often flipping back to check the copyright dates in his books and wondering how he could have understood and writen about such seemingly current events so very long ago.

P.S. I can certainly understand how a 200$ fee could seem daunting to someone of limited means. Perhaps you might try setting aside a little money each day. By setting aside as little 5$ a day you can save up the full amount up in less then a month and a half!

#481983 - 10/22/12 02:36 AM Re: Greetings [Re: TheMerryRose]
DarkStigmata Offline

Greetings TheMerryRose

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Originally Posted By: TheMerryRose

P.S. I can certainly understand how a 200$ fee could seem daunting to someone of limited means. Perhaps you might try setting aside a little money each day. By setting aside as little 5$ a day you can save up the full amount up in less then a month and a half!

This is true. I could set up my own 'Satanic offering plate' if you will. laugh
Thanks again!

#482071 - 10/25/12 12:08 AM Re: Greetings [Re: DarkStigmata]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
I liked your introduction. I can certainly relate to first reading The Satanic Bible back in high school and the disdain expressed by parents and other "authority figures" back then.

And yes, I recall those pre-internet times also! smile

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you soon garner the funds needed to join the CoS.

Hail Satan!

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404156 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements