Topic Options
#482006 - 10/22/12 09:59 PM The idea of Satan versus God.
MuppetsUniverse Offline

I understand the belief, and for the most part agree with it.
Satanism makes sense, and in many ways holds a great many similarities with Ayn Rand. However, naming it satanism? Perhaps this was the deterrent used to keep weak minds away?

Regardless, I still do not understand your perspectives on the ancient civilizations and cultures that used to exist here.
Quite literally, there are countless examples of extremely advanced societies, many thousands of years old. For fucks sakes, a 25,000 year old pyramid was discovered in Bosnia. Ancient Mayan civilizations keep portraying aliens in their artwork. Ancient Egyptians had batteries...
-Quite Simply --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oGqPc6poS4

So, if there were ancient astronauts- aliens- potentially creators... Then are they not the gods? & then perhaps is this not where the ancient mythologies, pagan religions, and monotheistic religions came from?

Why does no one have the answers? I know there is a group of people who do, and I don't think I will be able to rest until I know who they are. So, are you them? Can you answer these questions? & therefore refute the argument that there are, or were, gods of this planet? & potentially even of man (ie. Where the fuck did "Cro Magnon" man come from? It was a bunch of slope heads, and then all of the sudden an apelike man with a giant brain? Yea... I'd be more likely to follow Terrence Mckenna than to simply believe mankind just, evolved.)?

If you can make sense of this ranting question, please correct my error of thought. Pce.
-Music for your time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAvdqEso...1&index=147

#482007 - 10/22/12 10:11 PM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
Try reading the Satanic Bible. It will sum up some of that for you. After that you might want to read up on all these other "gods" you are talking about. If they were here or if they are here, which one takes care of you? Don't throw away a meal because you think you have a good recipe.

Here's a rather elementary piece of information for you, Enjoy!

Edited by StabAvery (10/22/12 10:22 PM)

#482008 - 10/22/12 10:22 PM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
Zeviander Offline

Loc: Canada
I am a mere neophyte of the Satanic religion, but I am almost certain that Mr. LaVey's philosophy was not centered on Satan-as-God, but Satan-as-symbol-of-man's-carnal-nature. We choose this way of life not because we have a gap in understanding that we want filled, we choose it because it allows us to view the universe in the most pragmatic fashion and see ourselves as the most important part of it.

...but I could be wrong.

Edited by Zeviander (10/22/12 10:23 PM)

#482011 - 10/23/12 12:02 AM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: MuppetsUniverse
However, naming it satanism? Perhaps this was the deterrent used to keep weak minds away?

If you have questions, then put them in the form of actual questions. not sentence fragments with a question mark at the end.

Quote:
Regardless, I still do not understand your perspectives on the ancient civilizations and cultures that used to exist here.

That sounds like a terribly wide category. What makes you think Satanism has to have an official view when it comes to these things? And which ones do you even mean specifically?

Quote:
For fucks sakes, a 25,000 year old pyramid was discovered in Bosnia. Ancient Mayan civilizations keep portraying aliens in their artwork. Ancient Egyptians had batteries...

Personally, this sounds like unfounded conspiracy theory bullshit to me. Regardless I don't see what it has to do with Satanism.

Quote:
So, if there were ancient astronauts- aliens- potentially creators... Then are they not the gods?

First of all, I don't buy into the myth of "alien visitors". Second and more importantly, even if there were such things, they sure as hell ain't MY gods. Like all Satanists, I am my own god. Have you even read "The Satanic Bible"?

Quote:
& then perhaps is this not where the ancient mythologies, pagan religions, and monotheistic religions came from?

We already know through science and psychology that deities are a fictional invention of the human mind, due to the way that humans project personifications on to things. The claim that all religions are the result of a game of Chinese whispers that started with an extra-terrestrial encounter, is unfounded New-Age bullshit.

Quote:
Why does no one have the answers?

The real question is: why is it so important for you that nobody "has the answers", not clearly define the questions, and reject any explanations that aren't entertaining enough to you?

Quote:
Can you answer these questions? & therefore refute the argument that there are, or were, gods of this planet? & potentially even of man

The burden of proof goes to the person who's alleging the existence of something. Nobody here is under any obligation to "answer" these presumptuous, loaded questions of yours. You're the one who came here, so you back up your claims.

Quote:
(ie. Where the fuck did "Cro Magnon" man come from?

It's amazing what you can find with 10 seconds on a search engine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cro-Magnon#Origin_of_the_Cro-Magnon_people

If you really wanted to find "the answers" about human history, you could similarly use a search engine or go to a library.

Quote:
It was a bunch of slope heads, and then all of the sudden an apelike man with a giant brain? Yea...

Who told you THAT?

Quote:
I'd be more likely to follow Terrence Mckenna than to simply believe mankind just, evolved.)?

I have noticed that people who claim to not "believe" in evolution, always turn out to be people who are quite clueless on the subject. Biological evolution has overwhelming evidence to support it. Alien pyramid conspiracy theories however remain myths.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#482013 - 10/23/12 12:59 AM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Quite literally, there are countless examples of extremely advanced societies, many thousands of years old. For fucks sakes, a 25,000 year old pyramid was discovered in Bosnia. Ancient Mayan civilizations keep portraying aliens in their artwork. Ancient Egyptians had batteries...
So, if there were ancient astronauts- aliens- potentially creators... Then are they not the gods? <<

No, they're not.

But there are still existing right now leaders in their fields of endeavour who will also be remembered (both accurately and speculatively) in the future.

#482017 - 10/23/12 06:32 AM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Ancient Astronaut Theory is quite interesting idea, and I have even wrote a blog about it at Janinaīs Chamber:
Ancient Astronaut Theory

However, these things you are now talking about here are not teachings of Satanism or even part of it. Our philosophy lays in totally carnal base and denies god-/s once and for all. Even if these characters would be real like you stated, they would still not be our gods in the meaning religion teaches, but only somebody who has been evolving faster than us human animals (probably they would then have to be from older part of Universe cause they have had more time to evolve as specie).

Why you think there is some secret, and why you assume that we have some answer to your question?

Our philosophy stands behind the thought that man is his (her) own god. We donīt put any of those gods or spirits to be superior to us, but make oneself to be the center of his (her) own reality (universe). Though I am personally interested about this theory (as individual) I donīt think that man could be creation of anything else than nature. Even if we would be creation of other specie (which I do not claim, but only play with hypothesis) we still would have to admit that these fellows would be result of evolution in their own planet so we would be result of their evolution and for that reason part of natural evolution!

As reverend Bill M already said, most people who deny the evolution are just incapable to understand the subject and for that reason they need to have somekinda theory of intelligent creation. Still we can go further with this logic of yours. If god created universe, what then created god and what was there before god came? If alien visitors created us, what created these beings? Was it their god or nature, and if it was their god what was there before that god came?

I once talked with Zenpriest who said to me that "I am not interested of question if there is god or not, but about question what was there before the god was created".

No further comments. Hail Satan!

-Janina

#482022 - 10/23/12 10:32 AM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
verszou Online

Loc: Denmark
The alleged pyramids in Bosnia was taken apart by Brian Dunning a while back

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4140

"The geology tells us that if the "pyramid" was man-made, it was constructed by laying the existing strata right back exactly where they were naturally formed, layer by layer, from bottom to top. This is one case where we can make a conclusion stronger than a lack of sufficient evidence to justify the claim. Viso&#269;ica itself gives us all the physical, testable evidence needed to conclusively disprove the existence of the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun."

#482026 - 10/23/12 11:55 AM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
MuppetsUniverse Offline

I understand your points. & rather than waste time talkig about grammar, as if it were my intention to write an essay... I will simply say. There are those who believe in coincidence over statistical tendency. I am not one of those. So when it comes to things of conspiracy, I generally move to favor them, because it is ever so often that idiots occupy that which is accepted.

It was decent to get a picture of satanism. I do agree with most of your philosophy. But I can tell you all stopped learned a longtime ago. arrogance is infectious here, and that is where a brain goes to die.

#482027 - 10/23/12 12:17 PM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe

I can tell you all stopped learned a longtime ago. arrogance is infectious here, and that is where a brain goes to die.

Where do you base this claim? What are the facts to support this theory? If I would call you idiot I would at least give you decent argument before going to simple "fucking when nothing else to say".

I think that you are the one who has not learnt anything for a long time. you simply just hang on in one theory and are not capable to see any other options.

Just my opinion!

#482028 - 10/23/12 12:22 PM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
Zeviander Offline

Loc: Canada
But I can tell you all stopped learned a longtime ago. arrogance is infectious here, and that is where a brain goes to die.

Having doubt about a shaky hypothesis with very little but speculation to back it up is arrogance? It is an unwillingness to learn? Are you stupid? Or just attempting to put us in our place because you were shot down so easily?

The very essence of science is to continue to learn and to continue to adapt to new information as it surfaces. If the AAT contained more than hopeful speculations, then it might have a place in science. However, all the evidence we have regarding these pyramids, nazca lines, Eater Island heads, etc. point towards humans being innovative and pushing the boundaries of what is possible at the time.

This is the very essence of Satanic thought as I have been learning. Humans are usually nothing more than a group of unmotivated underachievers who subsist on being told what to do... but there is a select few who step up and realize their evolutionary potential and do something extraordinary.

#482030 - 10/23/12 01:37 PM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
verszou Online

Loc: Denmark
I will simply say. There are those who believe in coincidence over statistical tendency. I am not one of those. So when it comes to things of conspiracy, I generally move to favor them, because it is ever so often that idiots occupy that which is accepted.

There's a simple sentence in there desperately struggling to get out smile

But I can tell you all stopped learned a longtime ago. arrogance is infectious here, and that is where a brain goes to die.

So, I believe that this is the written equivalent of stamping your foot and walking out slamming the door behind you when it turned out that people actually checked your claims smile

#482031 - 10/23/12 01:58 PM Re: The idea of Satan versus God. [Re: MuppetsUniverse]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> But I can tell you all stopped learned a longtime ago. <<

I was reading the likes of Erich Von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods thirty-five years ago or more, if that's what you mean.

It's rather presumptious to assert that others may be uneducated on these issues just because they have reached different conclusions to yourself.

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405208 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements