Topic Options
#482208 - 10/29/12 05:38 PM I am that
Gwymplaine Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hello, here is my introduction. Read & enjoy:
My name is Cody, I chose the username Gwymplaine from the Hugo novel "L'Homme qui Rit" or "The Laughing Man".
I am 23 & have been a Satanist (well, nominally) since I was around 15 or sixteen.
For several years, I did not live up to the principles of Satanism & subsequently allowed myself to get caught up in the bs and misery of mediocrity. However, after once again reading "The Satanic Bible" I awoke to the self-deceit I had imposed upon myself, & began adopting those truly powerful and life-altering teachings to my daily life with most satisfactory results.
What else is there? I studied modern languages in university, & speak both French and German fluently. My intentions are to one day become an interpretor for internationally based businesses. I enjoy literature & devote the majority of my free time to reading & studies.
I am seriously considering joining the Church of Satan. In fact I have rather made up my mind that I shall. I am a traditionalist, why would I not join the original oranization devouted to the LHP?
Thank you, that is all.

#482213 - 10/29/12 07:37 PM Re: I am that [Re: Gwymplaine]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Welcome Cody.

I have nothing but respect for those who are multilingual.

And congratulations on your re-awakening!

#482237 - 10/30/12 10:15 AM Re: I am that [Re: Gwymplaine]
InÚs Offline

Loc: Germany/Spain
Hello there.

"L'homme qui rit" is one of my favourite books so I am going to tell you that the name is spelled Gwynplaine, with an "n". smirk

Welcome to LttD.

#482245 - 10/30/12 03:23 PM Re: I am that [Re: Gwymplaine]
Gwymplaine Offline

Thank you for the welcome!

#482246 - 10/30/12 03:28 PM Re: I am that [Re: InÚs]
Gwymplaine Offline

Thank you InÚs for the correction! I very much appreciate constructive criticism/correction, how else are we to learn and grow in knowledge and experience if not per the instruction and encouragement of those who know better.
It's been ever so long since I have read it, I was somewhat unsure of the spelling actually, but sloth and lack of caring prevented me from looking it up beforehand lol.
O well, creative mistake, one might call it poetic lisence.

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43984 Topics
406069 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements