Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#482437 - 11/04/12 03:51 PM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: john hunter]
john hunter Offline

Regardless of the possible technologies that might be employed, or the extent of the extention...

my interest in this subject is more on the topic of the evolution of the human software, (as opposed to the hardware)

What sort of exotic family arrangments might ultimately pop up or become the norm? These days 20 years is considered long.

#482443 - 11/04/12 06:36 PM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: john hunter]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
I am not talking clone. I am saying DNA in another body instead of the body the person died in, I feel is possible to do some day. Also, I think the person can be brought back alive as that person not a clone.
What are all the steps I don't know but I do feel people who want to live forever will in the future.
Again, DNA is needed,tissue samples, preserve the whole body.take on or buy another body? I don't knw or have all the answers but I do belive one day life will eternal for those who plan ahead.
It in deed will take a lot of planning on the persons part.
My bigger question is life eternal sounds grand but is the bank account going to be big enough?
one more thing, I don't concern myself that this world will last forever, but I do think in the future human kind will live on another plandet, and not on this planet.

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

#482497 - 11/06/12 01:54 AM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: Azeri]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
As Satanist I think it is very important to understand the nature of life. That everything which born have to die as well. Only by completely understanding this fact we can really value this one and only life we have, and do the living right here and right now!

I think that some kinda evolution between man and machine will in future (if we do not destroy our specie before that) connect mans mind to machine giving his consciousness some degree of immortality by "melting" the consciousness to be part of matrix. Little bit like Borgs in Star Trek individuals will stop to be individuals and become part of the machine. This however will not give us immortality as separate individuals, but we still have only one change to experience individuality as purely subjective experience. After the one experience of subjective individuality our minds will become to be as part of vaster unity.

#482499 - 11/06/12 02:43 AM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: Janina]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
As Satanist I think it is very important to understand the nature of life. That everything which born have to die as well.

If you had a heart attack right now and a medical response team was capable of saving you, would you turn them down?

#482501 - 11/06/12 03:06 AM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: Unknown]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Unknown
Quote:
As Satanist I think it is very important to understand the nature of life. That everything which born have to die as well.

If you had a heart attack right now and a medical response team was capable of saving you, would you turn them down?

I donīt know what does this question of yours have to do with my understanding of lifeīs instability, but I guess Iīll answer to it anyway.

No, I would not turn them back cause I would very much like to continue my life as long as it is possible. However, I am not fantasizing that death would somehow make an exception with me and I would live for ever. I have been born, I will die, after I die the person called me will vanish to emptiness. Still, as long as I am living I will continue hanging on it enjoying every possible minute of my life!

#482502 - 11/06/12 04:17 AM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: Janina]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your statement.

That everything which born have to die as well.

It sounds like you are implying that we as humans have to die as in we must die in order to enjoy life now.

This simply isn't true because you can potentially die however medical advances prevent death and you still enjoy life. If you feel we must die then perhaps you would not be so quick to accept help for your own life to continue? Life is the great indulgence after all.

So in the future if they developed a way to prevent heart attacks then why wouldn't you accept that medical benefit in order to not die? Would you really enjoy life any less? I doubt it.

#482503 - 11/06/12 04:27 AM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: Unknown]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Unknown
Perhaps I am misunderstanding your statement.

That everything which born have to die as well.

It sounds like you are implying that we as humans have to die as in we must die in order to enjoy life now.

Like you said yourself, you misunderstood my statement. What I mean is that understanding the mortality of human animal helps us to enjoy our lives as much as possible here and now. Cause we are not living in spiritual pipedreams about heavenly glory or eternal existence, we realize that this is our day of glory and do the best we can to enjoy it.

Dreaming of rebirth, eternal life or heaven easily turns our minds away from this moments reality which easily turns us away of living fully now. For that reason I think it is more useful to live now than dream of future where to live!

#482504 - 11/06/12 08:27 AM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: Janina]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Thanks for clarifying.

#482566 - 11/09/12 07:10 PM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: Unknown]
JDBones Offline

I just wrote something on this topic at one of my social media accounts, so I'm just gonna quote... myself:

"I can't understand why most people are so terrified by the idea of prolonguing human life via scientifical advantages. Yes, the idea of having micronic cables, implants and machines inside of me, or having certain body parts replaced by their mechanical equivalents also seems odd to me now and it might even feel rather unpleasant to imagine that one would voluntarily subject themselves to such interventions...

But when Death comes close (if it doesn't come all of a sudden, of course), I think I would not want to miss the chance to see what it is like - compared to the alternative of "No more Me", this sounds like a better option.

People tend to forget quickly. Remember authors such as Ray Bradbury? They wrote about rockets and travelling through space. A young boy that once read those novels with fascination would later become a scientist. The scientists developed the rockets and space exploration devices that brought humans outside the Earth. It is not rare that science fiction sets the course of future scientific developments.

And now we have lots of bio-mechanics in graphic arts and movies. Not all the boys and girls who admire those will necessarily also become painters, script writers or directors. Some of them will become scientists as well. Some of them would get a regular job as a teacher or a regular employee but others will have the chance to experiment and discover new fields. Their ideas can't much deviate from what inspired them....

Long story short - Once, Darth Vader used to be simply science-fiction. It won't be long until he'll be just reduced to science wink
"

"'cause down here in Hell everybody loves Me!"
("Hell Is Home", Judas Priest)

#482804 - 11/16/12 04:34 PM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: john hunter]
Slowdown Offline

Loc: Bologna, Italy

My will is to live forever, and will drives me through life situations. This is the pratical part: I do love Unknown's medical team, as long as they can make me live longer.
Then comes a sort of theoretical part: all men must die. This is theoretical being a knowledge men can use to have a realistic sense of perspective on things.
Sure, I feel death has a role in having the right attitude towards life: it's what makes the game both exciting and easy.
That being said, I think of a biological immortality in the same way probably many people think about the spiritual one: with eternity to be lived, in the long run it would be natural to "cut off" the sensual process and work directly on mental stimulation.
So, while many would think of having sex with god, I would be visiting Yuggoth, but it would be the same kind of experience by nature.
All future bioethical matters could then become aesthetical matters. The choiche is up to you.

#482829 - 11/17/12 11:14 AM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: Quaark]
Flavius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: BridgePort
"Immaculate deception."

#482834 - 11/17/12 05:56 PM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: Flavius]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Holy shit, Flavius posted again.

#483058 - 11/21/12 03:23 PM Re: immortality and ethics, are you ready? [Re: john hunter]
elaine2554 Offline

Loc: Europe
First, I imagine the inventor would become extremely rich (and rightly so)

Powerful dynastic families will gain even more wealth and power

On a more negative note, people who donīt have the means to be making these (obviously) huge purchases will spend eternity paying them off.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12010 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405199 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements