Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#483167 - 11/24/12 04:12 AM Black Friday
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan

I think the most important part to mention is that every single one of them out there feels equally as entitled as you so ..... you better have a good excuse For needing the last tickle me Elmo! I tried black friday onece but standing nose to nose with some granny saying you have no idea what you are bout to start here mam..... Fuck that, Id rather pay the extra cash.. lol

Edited by StabAvery (11/24/12 09:51 PM)

#483177 - 11/24/12 11:10 AM Re: Black Friday [Re: StabAvery]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I ordered all of my Black Friday deals online. The "extra" I'm paying is shipping.

My wife and mother went to Walmart. I refused. I stayed at the house sipping red wine and played Skyrim until I felt like going to bed.

They made it home around 2 am, tired, hungry, and pissed off beyond belief.

Self inflicted stress is what I told her. It didn't go over very well.

#483179 - 11/24/12 11:33 AM Re: Black Friday [Re: StabAvery]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Englishwoman didnt know what Black Friday is. Googled it. OK I know now. Interesting title.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#483180 - 11/24/12 11:41 AM Re: Black Friday [Re: MagdaGraham]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I heard my wife refer to the Thursday before as "Gray Thursday".

#483181 - 11/24/12 11:44 AM Re: Black Friday [Re: StabAvery]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
I would rather go back to rounding up an Angus herd, which I did many years ago, than to put up with the human herd.
I stay home on Black Friday and enjoy my German Shepherd and my Corona beer.

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

#483182 - 11/24/12 12:09 PM Re: Black Friday [Re: Azeri]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I'd rather take an olfactory enhancing drug and spend the day steam-cleaning old cat piss out of the carpet than show up at WalMart the day after Thanksgiving.

By a mile.

#483183 - 11/24/12 12:49 PM Re: Black Friday [Re: StabAvery]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Loc: America
Completely not worth it to shop on Black Friday.

I buy what I need in gifts earlier in the year at less busy times, make them myself, or order them online.

#483186 - 11/24/12 01:13 PM Re: Black Friday [Re: StabAvery]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Man leaves 2-year-old in car to buy a TV. American consumerism at its worst!

Article

#483189 - 11/24/12 01:50 PM Re: Black Friday [Re: MagdaGraham]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
The lady in the blue coat losing her wig. Epic!

"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#483190 - 11/24/12 02:08 PM Re: Black Friday [Re: Callier]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Callier
Man leaves 2-year-old in car to buy a TV. American consumerism at its worst!

Article

WOW! Crucify this fool!

#483197 - 11/24/12 05:18 PM Re: Black Friday [Re: StabAvery]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
This is an interesting article:

... Better Than Most Nature Shows

Quote:
Black Friday is what it is because people choose to buy into the hype. Thats fine because its their own choice to do so. But its interesting to note that the frenzy itself is influenced by a whole host of our own internal triggers that push us to gather what we perceive to be the most valuable resources. That desire for resource acquisition gets even more bloodthirsty when its our kids involved, whether or not the darn kid actually wants the last Dora the Explorer video game on the shelf.

And, apparently, it's an insult to lemmings to be compared to Black Friday shoppers... They're certainly cuter, little freakin' tribbles. grin

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#483203 - 11/24/12 06:25 PM Re: Black Friday [Re: Shade]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Apparently their inclination toward mass suicide is a myth, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions#Biology

The people who willingly participate in Black Friday deserve all the misfortune and bruises that come their way. crossbones

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#483213 - 11/24/12 10:59 PM Re: Black Friday [Re: StabAvery]
DraconisLuciferi Offline

CoS Member

Loc: South Carolina
I did some of my shopping on Thurday and still found some good deals. I don't care for the whole Black Friday thing. It is just a marketing ploy to get the sheep to buy crap for a BS holiday.

#483214 - 11/25/12 12:31 AM Re: Black Friday [Re: StabAvery]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
I don't believe I've ever shopped on a Black Friday and most probably never will.

Thanksgiving night my wife and two of her friends left about 11pm and did not return until around 4 in the morning. I gladly stayed home and went to bed at my usual time.

The one good thing is that they brought me back a nice Ralph Lauren Polo shirt. Besides that I have no idea what other crap they bought.

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#483218 - 11/25/12 05:20 AM Re: Black Friday [Re: Shade]
elaine2554 Offline

Loc: Europe
Originally Posted By: Shade

And, apparently, it's an insult to lemmings to be compared to Black Friday shoppers... They're certainly cuter, little freakin' tribbles. grin

Black Friday:

Ive never experienced a Black Friday sale (and I dont want to). However I have had to tug a dress away from a fellow shopper in a crowded market who was trying to grab it from me as I browsed.

I much prefer ordering online for sales like this, especially when its downloadable content. Instant gratification!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406136 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements