Topic Options
#483376 - 11/29/12 07:59 PM Laveyan philosphy/2?
ryanleman Offline
Banned

Just curious to how many philosphical standpoints can you break Laveyan Satanism down into like for example I think that Hedonism and Individualism can definitly be seen in Laveyan Satanism because Hedonism in short is the belief that the only real "good" is any kind of pleasure (emotional,physical etc) and Individualism because laveyanism has MAJOR emphasis on being your own person or aka "your own god".

Also I find it odd that many people go crazy when I bring up the topic of putting labels on this philpsohy when labeling is the backbone of any language. Do you personally find it troubling to add any labels or to say laveyanism is "blah blah" and why do you think it is troubling? Oh and yes I love reading other's opinions, besides for arguing and research this is for me a really good way of learning about other people on a mental level.

#483377 - 11/29/12 08:23 PM Re: Laveyan philosphy/2? [Re: ryanleman]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

First and foremost, there is no such thing as "LaVeyan Satanism", despite what wikipedia says. There is only Satanism, as in the religion and philosophy codified by Anton LaVey. Before that nobody used the terms "Satanist" or "Satanism". "and lord knows, I looked!". - Dr. LaVey

Second, Satanism doesn't need to be broken down. Satanism is what it is. Its tenets and structure are simple, straightforward and to the point. No need for complexity.

#483383 - 11/29/12 10:06 PM Re: Laveyan philosphy/2? [Re: ryanleman]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Banned for being a hopeless pest with previous convictions for being rude, tactless, and having very very bad manners.

We won't go into the whole "not getting it" thing.

Thread locked.

Forum Stats
12221 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406144 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements