Topic Options
#484234 - 12/21/12 07:15 AM Helle Magazine
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Hello to all!

What happens when three Church of Satan Witches decide to collaborate on a new project? You all get a Winter Solstice gift from us in the form of our launch issue. In it you will find essays, member spotlight interviews, recipes and some fun! We're quite happy to have contributions from a variety of members we are very fond of, including Magus Gilmore.

We do hope that you enjoy it, please feel free to share it at will!

Hail Satan!

Helle Magazine

You can also find our page on Facebook, feel free to 'like' us there if you frequent those parts. To contact us, you can message us there or you can reach us here through me.

Helle on Facebook

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#484237 - 12/21/12 07:46 AM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Bravo! The layout is quite elegant, and the content seems both delicious (recipes) and stimulating (articles).

Best of luck with this venture!

(I'm refraining from making a very very bad pun about rum balls, feminism, Satanic Witches, and pirates.)

wink

#484240 - 12/21/12 07:48 AM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Quaark]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Thank you!

p.s. I love a good bad pun. You can always message it to me. wink coopdevil

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#484244 - 12/21/12 12:57 PM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Really liked your piece, Positive Objectivism. It's all true. I cannot argue that I am easily manipulated by the feminine woman. And I lament the exquisite pleasure of their ever lessening numbers.

And as you know, I do not get on with feminists. It is as if they hate me on sight. Though I am mystified as to why. grin

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#484254 - 12/21/12 03:53 PM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Thank you! That one was my favorite to write.

Yes, I know quite well how volatile it can get if one were to put you and a feminist in a room for any decent length of time. I can't imagine why they dislike you, but I suspect it's for all the reasons that I DO like you.
wink

#484291 - 12/22/12 11:48 AM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Now that I've had some time to look through the whole sheboodle I have to say it has shaped up really well.

It's really very lively and entertaining, without forfeiting intelligence and profundity.

My only criticism is that the black pages are a bit dark and hard work on my eyes, especially reading online.

But the quality of the work and writing is really top notch. One of the best Satanic publications I've seen in the last ten years.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#484299 - 12/22/12 12:53 PM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Thank you so very much for your feedback. It means a lot to me, as you well know.

I also tend to have a difficult time with the text on black pages, but don't trust my own perception so much because I admittedly have ever worsening eyes. I'll pass the observation along!

#484303 - 12/22/12 02:51 PM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
Lust Offline

I love it!

Bravo!

HS!
WTI
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#484350 - 12/24/12 04:57 PM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
I'm so delighted with this project. It is entertaining, and fun, and witty and wise.

Most excitingly it demonstrates the very best of us for those non-Satanists who stumble upon it (or go looking with a mind to trash.)

Satanic Witches are certainly the magical, seductive creatures of power and persuasion, to be sure, but Hellealso demonstrates them to be productive, creative, intelliegent, and as individually elegant as any women can be.

I am so proud of you all.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#484351 - 12/24/12 05:22 PM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:
And as you know, I do not get on with feminists. It is as if they hate me on sight.

Hey!?! What am I, the exception that proves the rule?

For the record here is one (kinda) feminist who thinks your honesty and swankiness easily overthrow any kneejerk reactionary estrogen induced silliness.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#484354 - 12/25/12 12:06 AM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Discovering this thread tonight was the perfect gift! Thank you all so much for your hard work bringing this forth. I raise my glass to you. Cheers!

#484422 - 12/27/12 06:16 AM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Congratulations, this is a great magazine. I saw the note on the CoS News page and looked at it straight away and then sat there and read it from front to back. I have a few days off from work and this was a fantastic way to begin my time off.

I loved the layout and the articles, l thought that they were well written and very interesting. This is my kind of magazine and one l would happiy pay for on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to the next issue but am happy to re-read this one.

Thanks for the opportunity to see and read your work, I love it. I also love the name, it's perfect!

Hail Satan!
Midnight

#484479 - 12/28/12 03:17 PM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
RoyceDavis Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Ukiah, Ca. US
I think the content was wonderful, the photos of high quality, I would love to get a print version.

The white text on black background did make it a strain to read, but looks very classy.

I'm sure you don't need another "Well done!" but I'm giving you one anyway. Thank you (all three of you) for sharing!
On Undercroft

#485766 - 01/29/13 03:43 PM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
DamnedLucky Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I know "Yeah, me too" and "I agree" posts aren't usually welcomed, but I'm hoping additional flattery will bring about subsequent issues. witch

This was very well done.

#487006 - 02/28/13 06:34 AM Re: Helle Magazine [Re: Bruja]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Wow! LOVED it. Positive Objectification was a favorite. And Pogonophilia was fascinating. I haven't given much thought to the symbolism of beards before. The photo examples were great too smile The Interview with Adam Cardone was really interesting. Can't wait for the next one! witch

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements