Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#484552 - 12/30/12 02:41 PM Animals - Satanists by Nature
xjoeh801x Offline

Loc: Utah
I have three dogs and they are extremely spoiled! Last night I get up to get a drink of water and return to find my littlest one had snuck over to my pillow and fallen asleep on top of it. This made me think, are animals Satanists by nature? Now obviously I don't mean in the philosophical sense of the word, but just by instinct. And yes when I tell them to sit they do, and specific commands such as that but how many of us get up early to get to work on time? What are your thoughts?

#484572 - 12/31/12 07:47 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: xjoeh801x]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
I think that all animals are Satanic in that they try to be only what they are.

But you wouldn't really say that a flock of sheep were Satanic, would you?

Cats on the other hand are clearly very small Satanists in fur coats smile I cannot remember where I read it, but Anton LaVey talked early on about a religion based on his observations of cats.

#484577 - 12/31/12 08:24 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: verszou]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#484579 - 12/31/12 08:58 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: MagdaGraham]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: MagdaGraham

Thank you Priestess smile

I was just cataloguing some of my recent comic book purchases, so reading that "Taking inventory of old comic books is counting beads on a rosary, each book being a station of the cross." was very appropriate.

Happy new year to you and your feline companion (or is that companions, I forget).

#484580 - 12/31/12 09:29 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: xjoeh801x]
Waya Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
Maybe so.

I've learned more from animals than most of the humans that crowd around me on a daily basis. My cat has taught me so many things, just by me observing his actions and just because he is what he is..a Cat.

In my opinion, no human friendship will ever beat one with an animal.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#484581 - 12/31/12 09:55 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: verszou]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
If domesticated animals like sheep and cows seem less "Satanic," that's probably our fault, since we've bred them specially to be dumb and docile.

Bighorn sheep and bison are another story!

But, even sheep and cows are only doing what it's in their nature to do. No stress, no mess.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#484582 - 12/31/12 10:03 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: TrojZyr]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: TrojZyr
If domesticated animals like sheep and cows seem less "Satanic," that's probably our fault, since we've bred them specially to be dumb and docile.

Bighorn sheep and bison are another story!

Quite smile I still remember that YouTube video with the wildebeest defending one of their young in a situation where one of their young is caught between lions and crocodiles.

I had some problems with using dogs as examples, but of course wolves would have been better ... btw, a second one was just recently spotted here this week, which is pretty cool, since they have been extinct in the country for many years, so ... yay! ... go wolves! laugh

#484584 - 12/31/12 11:11 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: xjoeh801x]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: xjoeh801x
are animals Satanists by nature?

According the Satanism we are all animals, so there is no need to separate man from animal like Christians do.

From The Nine Satanic Statements:

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

#484585 - 12/31/12 11:45 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: verszou]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Never underestimate the sophistication of dogs, though:

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#484587 - 12/31/12 12:56 PM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: xjoeh801x]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
I wish dogs were a little more discerning.

I used to work at a dog kennel which partnered with the local rescue organization. One of if not the most difficult parts of my job was seeing abused animals come in. I still remember Candy.

That goofy girl. smile

She was a Grade A Mut with a real pretty black and white shaggy coat and a super-sweet, playful disposition. She was also blind in one eye from being repeatedly kicked in the face. Her "crime"? She barked too much.

When I learned about the reason for Candy's injury I wanted to beat my fist into a wall since I couldn't pound on the scum who were responsible. These jerks always blame the dogs. I blame the people. You know what the dogs do? They don't blame anyone. They wag their tails and lick your hand and just want to be pals.

So, yeh, I wish dogs were a little more judgmental. But I love dogs. I miss working with them, I miss being around them every day. They may be God's worst enemy but they're okay in my book. I've never known a more comfortable and complete peace as when I've been around them. They've got something, some mojo that makes my world a better place and when I see one running in the park my bones ache and I just long to feel the grass on my bare feet and run with them. smile

-----

Originally Posted By: Tony Barlow, Sharp Teeth
But nobody seems to recall
the sublime form of a dog as she lies
curled up like a comma
in the cool forgiving summer shade
there beneath the bed.
Or the absolute satisfaction
performed with quiet muscular grace
of a dog roughly going at a good meal.
Or the joyful dance in a dog's eyes
as she sits alert watching,
waiting for you
to do
that something
she wants you to do.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

“Up where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

#484592 - 12/31/12 10:37 PM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: Shade]
Garm Offline

Loc: Norway
If dogs were more discerning there wouldn't be many left i think and if dogs defend themselves they are euthanized because they are "aggressive". It is indeed frustrating that so many people blame the dog whenever bad shit happen. It happen here in Norway too and i wonder if people will ever understand that in (most) cases it is the animal walking on two legs that is to blame.

I have also helped out at a dog kennel and seeing how some dogs had been mistreated and abused was painful to watch. And none of those dogs were aggressive, they just wanted to spend time with you (as was written earlier). To experience that myself was (in lack of a better word this late at night) mind-blowing.

Getting a dog is one of the best decisions i have ever made. No doubt. And yeah, they have some mojo that i cant really explain; you have to experience it to understand it.

Sorry for my off topic rambling...

#484594 - 01/01/13 12:05 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: xjoeh801x]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Animals are Satanic because they instinctively follow their natures. There is no higher calling.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#484610 - 01/01/13 11:18 AM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: verszou]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
I live with only one Cat at the moment because this furry lady insists on her own company.

I work for animal welfare and specialize in caring for those who have been so badly abused that they cannot be homed with a “normal” adopter.

The real Mark of the Beast. Scratches, regularly. Just now, I also have a rather spectacular bite.

Yet she sometimes shows affection. She cuddles and purrs. Sometimes … but this is gradually becoming more frequent.

I don’t anthromorphosize animals. I don’t believe they think so pragmatically.

Oh, wouldn’t it be good if they did.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#484615 - 01/01/13 12:48 PM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: Garm]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
That's a really good point and, in hindsight, I can see I was projecting my own pathological distrust of people. I just hate to see them get hurt and wish they had some kind of radar to help them avoid the danger zones. Smell the rottenness on people before it's too late.

That dogs get blamed/punished for defending themselves makes me see red. It's like a criminal suing his victim for fighting back. And then the fact that animals can go through such torture and not be broken beyond repair is. It's indescribable. On one hand, their resilience and courage is so inspiring. But, on the other, the fact that they keep trying to get affection despite the scars is heartbreaking to me. I see dogs like Oogy and I just can not grok how it's possible for them to recover any trust ever, ever again.

It's a privilege to be a dog owner, it really is. There are a lot of people out there that don't deserve the company of (or the comparison to) a dog.

I think you and I would agree... Plus on apprend a connaître l’homme, plus on apprend à estimer le chien. ("The more one comes to know men, the more one comes to admire the dog.")

smile
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

“Up where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

#484616 - 01/01/13 12:59 PM Re: Animals - Satanists by Nature [Re: MagdaGraham]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
The real Mark of the Beast. Scratches, regularly. Just now, I also have a rather spectacular bite.

My kitty regularly scratches and bites, sometimes, when he is irritated and, sometimes, when he wants to play. The easiest way to get a scratch or a bite is to rub his belly. He does not do it immediately, he likes being caressed, but when you stroke him or rub his belly longer than he wants to, he gets angry. He also likes jumping at us and biting our legs. I think he missed some play when very young.

My cat is generally friendly even to strangers. However, my friend adopted a female cat who was probably abused earlier. She did not trust anybody, always ran away from people and hid herself. No, it was impossible to stroke her.

Edited by anna (01/01/13 01:08 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43643 Topics
404176 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements