Topic Options
#485398 - 01/20/13 11:13 PM Verbal Judo.
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I have a book titled The Gentle Art of Verbal Self Defense and it was mentioned to me that Verbal Judo is similar. I had completely forgotten about it until we recently watched a short presentation on it at work and then was asked if I would like to give a presentation myself.

I found it an interesting tool to use and figure I would share it here. Thoughts/feedback is always welcome. Here is a video of the founder of Verbal Judo giving his presentation on its concepts.

Not sure if the video I posted is showing since I am using my phone but here is the link.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=btBw70HAys4

Edited by Unknown (01/20/13 11:39 PM)

#485399 - 01/20/13 11:23 PM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Unknown]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
If that was you as the gentleman who presented the mechanics of verbal self defense, I would say you've done a very good job.

There's really not much else I could input except that I do like the video.

HS!

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#485400 - 01/20/13 11:35 PM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: LordofDarkness]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

That was not me. The video is done by the founder of Verbal Judo. I suppose the way I worded my post it could be misconstrued that I am claiming it is my video.

#485401 - 01/21/13 12:04 AM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Unknown]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
we recently watched a short presentation on it at work and then was asked if I would like to give a presentation myself

I personally misunderstood then. But I still like the video. smile

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#485402 - 01/21/13 01:27 AM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Unknown]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Nothing diffuses conflict faster than a punch in the face. grin

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#485405 - 01/21/13 08:00 AM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Drake_Bamboozle

...or kick to the bollocks!

#485410 - 01/21/13 12:18 PM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Janina]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Loc: America
Teehee. "Bollocks". English English is funny. smile

Seriously though, it is wise to know some "pre-combat" techniques to avoid the necessity of using force.

Avoiding dangerous areas, running away, or diffusing the situation through this "verbal judo".

THEN kick 'em in the balls. wink

#485411 - 01/21/13 01:58 PM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Labyrinthine]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Nothing like the element of surprise. wink

#485412 - 01/21/13 02:21 PM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Unknown]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Wow, I had no intention of watching an hour and half lecture about negotiation skills but that fella had me instantly. He was like a big bucket of Lawrence Tierney with a dash of William Forsythe. I could listen to him aaalllllll day.

Excellent speaker, engaging delivery, quite a few Satanic principles, phrases I will remember for eternity ("professional language", "tactical empathy", "mean nasty street lizard", etc), and those awesome sound effects. WuSHAW! grin

I didn't get the sense that there was anything particularly gentle about this method. It is very powerful, takes tremendous inner strength and discipline. Really remarkable man. RIP Doc Rhino.

"When you get out there, it's always showtime."
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#485413 - 01/21/13 02:24 PM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park

Is that why your nose is so straight?

crossbones
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#485415 - 01/21/13 02:33 PM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Attachments
Untitled.gif

#485417 - 01/21/13 03:00 PM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Quaark]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
grin grin crossbones grin grin

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#485440 - 01/22/13 11:06 AM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Quaark]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Originally Posted By: Quaark

That is hilarious!

#485441 - 01/22/13 11:13 AM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: TheDegenerate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: TheDegenerate
Originally Posted By: Quaark

That is hilarious!

grin Go John Wayne style:

#485538 - 01/24/13 10:19 AM Re: Verbal Judo. [Re: Shade]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Glad you enjoyed it. I just got the book in the mail a few days ago and am enjoying it immensely. Some concepts I found that I already applied as per Lesser Magic but some I am working on.

I work in an environment where drug dealers and crackheads are prominent so this could be life saving in the long run. I hope others here take away as much as I did.

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405803 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements