Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#485258 - 01/16/13 08:50 PM Origin and Destruction of Christianity
Meneyazwun Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hello!

Please allow me a brief introduction.

I've spent hours over the past few days reading essays on churchofsatan.com, and I'll be very surprised if the literature I'll receive tomorrow from amazon convinces me that I haven't found what I've been looking for. I've shared my thoughts on other forums, which have been poorly received. Nonetheless, I occasionally am driven to commit my thoughts to writing, and so here we are.

*begin anecdote*

I was not raised a christian, and my parents forced no religion on me. I, however, grew up in an area where 95% of the people are christians (church on every corner), so I was curious about it and attended church with a friend of mine. One of the orders of business was literally their budget. They had a list of income and expenditures and let the congregation know that they needed more money (they had projection televisions, expensive sound systems, etc.), and I was honestly surprised at how materialistic it all was.

Also, they had their prayers, and people would close their eyes and sway and hum, and I have never been more uncomfortable in my entire life. I tried to do it, but knew immediately that I would not, or could not feel whatever it was they were experiencing. However, I could tell they were not 'faking' it. To them, it is real.

I read the holy bible in its entirety while I was in high school, of my own volition. Last week, I saw a facebook post from a lifelong christian with whom I went to high school. She had finished reading the bible! She's getting close to thirty, and she had never even read the damned thing. Also, her christian friends were congratulating her. It's worth noting that she graduated valedictorian in our year. This suggests to me that even the most intelligent christians are content with being spoon-fed their religion, and most have never nor will ever read the bible.

*end anecdote*

If you haven't read the bible, let me summarize. It's about 1,000 pages long, it's incredibly dense, and it's mostly boring and repetitive. Either the author unintentionally created something that would dictate thousands of years of human advancement, or the consistent mention of people as flocks of sheep that require tending was a sign of incredible intelligence. If you see a herd of sheep, perhaps wandering blindly into the territory of wolves, would it not be best to shepherd them to safety?

I consider christianity and its imposition of values on unwilling individuals to be evil. Is christianity, though, a necessary evil? Has anyone got a model for how the herd of sheep would react to the loss of its shepherd? The sheep are many. We rely on them for our food, our clothing, our transportation, and our entertainment. They are content to remain in their pen, and few if any test the boundaries.

Has there not been progress these past centuries, past decades? The christian notions of slavery, absolute patriarchal authority, women as property, homosexuality as a crime, and countless others are either completely abolished or hanging by a thread waiting to be cut. I fully accept that there is more work to be done, but is it better to destroy christianity from without or change it from within? The sheep have not effected these changes, they have been influenced by powerful, motivated, influential individuals.

Upon internal reflection, it seems to me that openly stating the political agenda of church taxation precludes it being a true political position. Any true progress in this direction would lead to someone linking the movement to the Church of Satan, which would immediately and totally kill it unless christianity has already become impotent.

If not, please share with me your thoughts!

Thank you for your attention, and Hail Satan!

#485273 - 01/17/13 02:12 PM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Meneyazwun]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Meneyazwun
If you haven't read the bible, let me summarize. It's about 1,000 pages long, it's incredibly dense, and it's mostly boring and repetitive.

It's not too surprising that it's rather a mess, when you consider that it's the product of dozens of authors spanning many centuries, and re-re-re-re-translations of oral traditions. Unfortunately people who have a deep-seated emotional investment in it being "true" about everything, are going to do whatever mental gymnastic games they have to rationalize the parts that don't work.

Quote:
Is christianity, though, a necessary evil? Has anyone got a model for how the herd of sheep would react to the loss of its shepherd?

Personally, I don't think religions such as Christianity are "a necessary evil" so much as they are inevitable byproducts of human society. I've seen many atheists who think that most of humanity's problems would go away if you got rid of the spiritual religions, but I really don't think so. People would be just as stupid, and more importantly will still have the biological hard-wiring for projecting patterns on to things and forming ritualized expression. If Christianity went away, the herd would just create and cling to some other sort of ideology. In most cases, they already have.

Also, as you point out, the details of Christianity have changed a lot from century to century and culture to culture, so this begs the question of how exactly we'd recognize the "death" of Christianity. For example, I'd say the Christianity from 500 years ago is essentially dead.

Quote:
I fully accept that there is more work to be done, but is it better to destroy christianity from without or change it from within?

Actually, I think Christianity is already doing a good job of destroying itself. Fundamentalists like Fred Phelps and charlatans like Benny Hinn do more to turn people off from Christianity than I could ever hope to on my own! And of course, there are other religions to deal with too. Religiously speaking, I'm just as anti-Muslim or anti-Buddhist as I am anti-Christian.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#485286 - 01/17/13 08:28 PM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Bill_M]
Meneyazwun Offline

Thank you for the comments, Reverend!

Originally Posted By: Bill_M

Personally, I don't think religions such as Christianity are "a necessary evil" so much as they are inevitable byproducts of human society. I've seen many atheists who think that most of humanity's problems would go away if you got rid of the spiritual religions, but I really don't think so. People would be just as stupid, and more importantly will still have the biological hard-wiring for projecting patterns on to things and forming ritualized expression. If Christianity went away, the herd would just create and cling to some other sort of ideology. In most cases, they already have.

To be entirely honest, I once thought I believed in the christian god, with some caveats. Firstly, since I had actually read the bible, I understood that no amount of creative interpretation could convince me that mainstream christianity actually followed what was written in the book, and thus I could not reject god based on the hypocrisy of those who claimed to follow him. Secondly, revelations clashes so dissonantly with the rest of the bible that it should be obvious to anyone that's read it that it doesn't belong. Discounting revelations, it's interesting that all miracles in the bible were natural phenomena. Lightning striking ark-fondlers, the parting of the red sea, the burning bush, earthquakes, etc. are all improbable, but not impossible. Thus, if there existed a god, I thought its true power would be manipulation of probability. In reality, miracles are mere coincidences in which statistically unlikely events occur in a manner that suggests an external will.

Quote:

Also, as you point out, the details of Christianity have changed a lot from century to century and culture to culture, so this begs the question of how exactly we'd recognize the "death" of Christianity. For example, I'd say the Christianity from 500 years ago is essentially dead.

As founders of christian offshoots have no doubt realized, the christian herd will follow nearly any set of guidelines delivered to them by a charismatic, intelligent individual, even if those guidelines are in direct contradiction to the bible. All one must do is quote the right passages and work the crowd into a fervor. Appeals to logic will always fail, but splashing the crowd with a new color of crazy just might change the overall hue to something more tolerable.

Quote:

Actually, I think Christianity is already doing a good job of destroying itself. Fundamentalists like Fred Phelps and charlatans like Benny Hinn do more to turn people off from Christianity than I could ever hope to on my own! And of course, there are other religions to deal with too. Religiously speaking, I'm just as anti-Muslim or anti-Buddhist as I am anti-Christian.

I got my books today and the fact that most religions advocate universal abstinence has certainly been a central theme. As I said before, I grew up in an area where nearly everyone was christian, and even though I was not, all the young christians indulged themselves in 'sin' much more than I did. I sometimes regret not having more fun, but then again I am pleased with my current situation, so regret is pointless.

Maybe abstinence was useful when people had little, and little more was in reach, as it kept the poor and hungry from reaching too far. Fasting (being hungry) is a spiritual experience, Jesus did it for 40 days! Are you poor? Well, I've got the deal for you! The poorer you are in life, the richer you'll be in heaven (yes this is in the bible)! Hallelujah! The herd is now wealthy, so there's no reason for abstinence, hence the redefinition of christianity.

The only thing the christians have left to defend is the chiefest of the 8 deadly sins, homosexuality.

Pride? Be proud that you are christian, as it automatically makes you better than everyone else!
Gluttony? Accept the fat for who they are, they cannot help but eat!
Greed? Give to the church, but keep enough for yourself to buy your Sunday best!
Sloth? Don't work on Sunday, Sunday is nap-day!
Envy? The other church bought a big screen T.V., so let's buy two!
Lust? Bring more christian children into the world, even the pastors are all married!
Wrath? Turn the other cheek, unless you find something offensive or something makes you uncomfortable, then destroy it!

Homosexuality? I found this part in the old testament where people were gay and god killed them. Please ignore the part about slaughtering the women and children of your enemies, that part doesn't count. Also, although there is no mention of women laying with women or god having any kind of beef with that (the bible is specific to 'men laying with men'), lesbians are bad too.

Once that's gone, what do they have left? What will be the 9th deadly sin?

#485395 - 01/20/13 08:06 PM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Meneyazwun]
SATANSAVES Offline

I personally, am not "against" Christians, especially those who take the definition literally and try to be christ like. Jesus was a communist hippie who drank wine and hung out with hookers. How the philosophies of such a man could be so thoroughly distorted, turned into propaganda, and used to infuse fear and hate into the heart of millions, I will never understand. This is of course, presuming Jesus existed. Which in all likelihood, he did. Except he was just some dude, whose cult actually made it.

The thing I am against is the ignorance which leads to hatred and violence, and ignorance exists in all factions of mankind, including our own. I feel very priveledged to have not been recruited, as my lifestyle is deeeply frowned upon in the Christian faith. Proverb 9:13 has always been my favorite, as I too read the bible (and pretty much every thological text I could get my hands on) at a young age. It describes me beautifully "A foolish woman is noisy, she is wanton and knows no shame" If that makes me a fool by some one else's set of principles, so be it.

I try not to judge, and only preach autonomy. Autonomy leads to self-actualization, which allows man to be free. If I waste my energy on hating, even the worst zealots, I am limiting my own freedom. Do what thou wilt. if that includes believing in god, well, that's your right, and your loss. If anything I pity those who are waiting for heaven while living in hell.

#485460 - 01/23/13 03:15 AM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Meneyazwun]
Egon Lau Offline

What up, Meneyazwun?

I will answer some of your questions from the narrow standpoint of my own experience.

1. Is Christianity a necessary evil?

For me, I do not believe that it is; but I believe that in some ways it was a useful evil in my case. I grew up in the Christian Science belief system, whose dictates caused me to behave in ways which I consider to be admirable and in which I do not currently behave due to my lack of belief in objective morality.

2. Is it better to destroy Christianity from without or change it from within?

I believe that, if "better" means more conducive to the destruction of Christianity, then changing Christianity from within is better than destroying it from without. I believe that, among the people with whom I have interacted, criticism from outsiders is given less credence than influence from insiders.

-----

My next comment has to do with the following passage of yours:

"[I]t seems to me that openly stating the political agenda of church taxation precludes it being a true political position. "

How? I find this to be a non sequitur. Also, define a "true political position."

Thanks, man.

#485473 - 01/23/13 07:20 AM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Egon Lau]
Meneyazwun Offline

I'm becoming more and more convinced that organized religion will continue to adapt to modern ideas, as it has in the past few centuries. It's essentially a problem that will take care of itself over time.

Originally Posted By: Egon Lau

"[I]t seems to me that openly stating the political agenda of church taxation precludes it being a true political position. "

How? I find this to be a non sequitur. Also, define a "true political position."

Thanks, man.

Sometimes, politics is like war. The Church of Satan has openly stated that it wishes to destroy Christianity by supporting church taxation. Thus, any political drive pursuing church taxation will be more likely to fail, simply due to the fact that it's associated with the CoS, which is perceived very negatively. I think it could be a feint designed to instill a false sense of security in modern religions. If you know your enemy's tactics, you need not fear them. A true political position, or tactic, is one that your enemies do not know.

#485476 - 01/23/13 10:16 AM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Meneyazwun]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
I'm becoming more and more convinced that organized religion will continue to adapt to modern ideas, as it has in the past few centuries. It's essentially a problem that will take care of itself over time.

Originally Posted By: Egon Lau

Thanks, man.

Sometimes, politics is like war. The Church of Satan has openly stated that it wishes to destroy Christianity by supporting church taxation. Thus, any political drive pursuing church taxation will be more likely to fail, simply due to the fact that it's associated with the CoS, which is perceived very negatively. I think it could be a feint designed to instill a false sense of security in modern religions. If you know your enemy's tactics, you need not fear them. A true political position, or tactic, is one that your enemies do not know.

I have a question for you if you don't mind me asking.

Have you read The Satanic Scriptures by High Priest Peter Gilmore?

He covers this very subject in his book.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#485477 - 01/23/13 11:02 AM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: LordofDarkness]
Egon Lau Offline

LordofDarkness, to whom was your question directed?

Thanks for the response, Meneyazwun.

#485480 - 01/23/13 12:09 PM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Meneyazwun]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Some speculations:

Organized religion can not accommodate the new household gods that are coming into vogue. Rather, organized religion as we've traditionally known it will just insularize.

The way that Christianity is attacked these days is unprecedented in western history. Not that it hasn't been attacked, it's the frequency and sheer hate it's attacked with.

In 100 years radical feminist leaders will hold more clout than any preacher in the western world.

Though that's not positive. We're just trading one caterwauling, miserable, hypocritical set of morons for another. If anything I find the Christians to be a more pleasant lot. At least Christians have some values in common with me.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#485489 - 01/23/13 04:07 PM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Meneyazwun]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
The Church of Satan has openly stated that it wishes to destroy Christianity by supporting church taxation.

To continue...
The Devil does not sleep. He and his servants do all they can to destroy our beloved Church. We live in the End Times. We witness the final war between good and evil. Now God's enemies decided to give His faithful children the final blow. We must now pay huge taxes. The government infiltrated by the Illuminati hopes that our religion falls. But you, dear brothers and sisters, you will not let this happen! God's kingdom is in your hands! Please, rescue it! (Donate more money!)

Even if the churches are taxed (which I doubt will happen because governments and churches usually support each other) I can imagine the appeals to people to donate more money, because the Church is in danger. And people will donate more. There are other groups who support church taxation, I believe. But it would only strengthen the churches and make people even more fanatical, because they would feel endangered and they would have an enemy.

The fact that some filthily rich clergymen will be forced to pay taxes is not going to destroy Christianity. It is a shame that there are holy cows who are exempted from the taxes that ordinary citizens have to pay. However, it is not only a problem of the tax privileges but also some holes in the taxation system, which many "clever" people use to avoid paying taxes.

#485494 - 01/23/13 05:00 PM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Meneyazwun]
Zeviander Offline

Loc: MB, Canada
My two cents on this are as follows:

$0.01: I fully support the taxation of all religious institutions as outlined by the article on "Pentagonal Revisionism" by Magus LaVey.

$0.02: I agree with Reverend Bill_M that Christianity, along with all other religions are doing a wonderful job of destroying themselves (at least as public entities) through fundamentalist movements and charlatans out for profit. It is amusing to watch the fundamentalist movements swell in number, in fear of the demise of their religion, knowing that as soon as a seed of reason is sown into the fertile crops that are their minds (i.e. that of their youth), it wil be all over.

#485495 - 01/23/13 05:48 PM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: LordofDarkness]
Meneyazwun Offline

Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness

I have a question for you if you don't mind me asking.

Have you read The Satanic Scriptures by High Priest Peter Gilmore?

He covers this very subject in his book.

I read the Satanic Bible, but I haven't read that book yet. I did notice that it was available in e-reader format on Amazon, so I think I'll go get it now. Thanks for the tip!

EDIT:

Many of the essays were already on the website, so I had already read them. However, there was one theme relevant to Christianity which I hadn't considered, which was the focus on 'life after death' and how this could influence herd mentality.

Climate change has been a recent topic of some interest. I think the Christian worldview that our Earth is a transitory habitat on the way to Heaven allows them to see global warming as an irrelevant topic. If God is going to remake the world after it is destroyed as described in Revelations, what is the point of protecting anything? I see that as a very dangerous worldview, and something that cannot easily be changed so long as core Christian values, which elevate death over life, remain intact.

In addition, I occasionally contemplate that all of humanity is confined to Earth, and any natural or artificial disaster has the potential to completely wipe us out. Evolution has been stunted by Christian values not only on an individual scale, but also on the level of humanity as an organism. If self-preservation is our primary goal, it would seem that interstellar travel should not remain in the realm of science fiction, but should become a priority for scientific research. However, with Earth perceived as some holy ground, the very center of the universe that 'God' created, advancement in this direction will always be a minor endeavor. If only people with incredible resources (like Bill Gates) would focus on human advancement, rather than reducing the sum total of human suffering, we might see some progress. It's akin to stopping on the train tracks to apply a bandage to a skinned knee. The train is coming, it is inevitable. Unfortunately, we currently don't even have sensory input to tell us when to expect extinction. It could come in our lifetime, or 100 or 1,000 generations from now, there's no way to know. It should be terrifying, why isn't anyone scared?

Edited by Meneyazwun (01/23/13 09:26 PM)

#486793 - 02/22/13 02:28 PM Thoughts on Christianity [Re: Meneyazwun]
Pluto Dolor Offline

Loc: North Dakota
I was rather intrigued by your post and have decided to offer my own thoughts from my perspective of Christianity as a devoted follower in my 12-14 ages and what Christians themselves would call an individual with the capacity to obtain "Religious Experiences."

The thing I find most interesting about Christianity is a new resurgence in the ideals individuals have held within a particular church (primarily Catholic and Lutheran in my experience), which are so ostensibly peculiar to me that I have begun to wonder if the antithesis to Christianity is actually under way or already breaking down the power held within to a workable new thesis of power with consideration to the general herd instinct of its populace and their capacity, albeit limited, for change.

{For a more specific definition of antithesis and thesis I would recommend indulging yourself in philosophical texts such as Nietzsche and Marx...perhaps even Hegel.}

It's true that Christianity as the name brand of Jesus's teachings may still exist through this collision with its antithesis-- it may even find new strength through this antithesis--but that's not entirely what I'm concerned with as Meneyazwun's post may be alluding to; instead, I would like to briefly examine the following points:

1: The swaying and perhaps hand waving of the Christians during worship. (The author mentioned during prayers, and it is therefore necessary for me to point out that my experience in this field is primarily within worship either with modern musical tunes or the more traditional hymns.)

2: The materialism of a church as pointed out by the original post relating to projection televisions, expensive sound systems,etc...

3: The patriarchal authority of a church (primarily a Lutheran point of view as that was my denomination).

4: The so-called crimes of Christianity relating to homosexuality and women within the church, specifically those denominations or individual churches which have such beliefs as an inferiority of gender to gender relations.

Regarding my first point of examination:

In my "Religious Experiences" brevity will be most important, not because of my lack of ability to describe it but for the same considerations as Simone Weil's unwillingness for description, which, in short, is due to a concern of the reader and their pursuits to accomplish the same end in their particular dogma or religion. The real feeling that you can ascribe to it is an actualization of the self within the universe, which as some of you may understand is not an actual definition but a particular part OF the definition.

Returning to the question at hand, however, I would be willing to bet from seeing Meneyazwun's post that the experiences they were having is a pseudo-religious experience brought upon them from a herd mentality and desire to be more holy than those around them; in the years I was a devoted Christian I was also capable of experiencing such things as he describes. A real "Religious Experience", on the other hand, would be in understanding your oneness with reality and nature i.e. the True Essence of God as my peculiar friends within the church would describe it. (Also a particular part OF my own definition with some differences in language). In short with many other considerations I won't include here for brevity's sake, these individuals are part of the Herd of Christianity--a smaller herd within the herd, the grotesquely idiotic among the despicably stupid and ignorant. Having said that, it is important for me to also make note of the individual Christians I have met who have unknowingly interwoven Satanic Philosophy of LaVey's into their own unique version of Christianity, a facet of the craft that I have never seen before and is, to be quite honest, rather invigorating even from a Satanic point of view.

Regarding my second point of examination:

The materialism of a church--any church in particular--is, at my first thought, a result of the entity's need for self-preservation as well as the self-preservation of the individuals who are a part of the church. This may sound rather odd at first given the genuine lack of true self-preservation we find in some, if not, many Christians, but take an example of a timid speaker, as opposed to the fire and brimstone speakers of old, who is simply incapable of taking his own message seriously enough or of even possibly writing a message, which is genuinely needed amongst his flock. In order to allow the preacher to be heard an adaptation must take place; in this case, the adaptation is through a technological system of microphones. Same thing applies with the projection screens on the walls. In theory it's supposed to help the congregation keep on track with his message, but all it really does is make them stray in their own thoughts about what they're going to do when their congregation is no longer in session allowing a quick reference point for when they do want to pay attention. Going even further down the rabbit hole, however, we will also see an interesting point of power. The microphone will allow the preacher's voice to penetrate on all sides of the individual and may even be the reason why genuine interest in the religion is a rare commodity. The same thing also applies to the reference screen the church may or may not utilize. In other words, these may actually be distracting devices that discourage any rational thinking...well that rational thinking that could be present with a strong leader. Either way whether this adaptation is for better or worse is up to each of us.

Regarding my third point of examination:

A patriarchal system of religion, although possibly changing on a wider scale than hitherto conceived, makes a bit more sense to me on the very brief amount of time I have spent considering it.

It's more akin to the times in which the religion was born. A truly democratic society as a world power or close to a world power did not exist. (Women's right to vote in our own Country--assuming those reading are from the U.S.--didn't even exist until 1920, although if memory serves me correctly women may have been able to vote a little earlier in the U.K. I will have to look into that and will be able to provide an update if anyone's curiosity is peaked). This is also more believable in the implication and history of Christianity's dogma, which is largely based upon Plato's philosophy and culture, a culture in which women were generally seen as inferior to men.

Regarding my fourth point of examination:

I've already briefly touched on this subject above in regards to the Platonic ideal and dogma present within Christianity, which in my eyes gives birth to a lot of "evil" the Christian church wishes to denounce; and therefore, I will only include one more brief examination pertinent to the conception of homosexuality within the church, particularly the Catholic church.

Do you think homosexual marriage is incapable of being accepted because of the creation story conception Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve?

This isn't necessarily true according to my sources...well at least not technically. The real barrier is the natural inability to reproduce as a couple which keeps it's legitimacy just out of reach in their eyes. It is true, however, that this barrier is capable of being transcended via science, but we all know that the church wouldn't consider this natural. Therefore by proxy, the Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve argument may be valid by Christian standards.

In short the question on whether homosexuality is a sin lies with the individual or organization. The truly frustrating part is the apparent inability of "smart" individuals and organizations to comprehend that an easy way of getting around the "sin" part of homosexuality is to not partake in it and allow those that do want to partake in it to...well partake in it.

I hope this was interesting or at least thought provoking on a brief glance. Thank you for your time.

#486803 - 02/22/13 05:45 PM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Meneyazwun]
Emilio Largo Offline
CoS Member

Pride? Be proud that you are christian, as it automatically makes you better than everyone else!
Gluttony? Accept the fat for who they are, they cannot help but eat!
Greed? Give to the church, but keep enough for yourself to buy your Sunday best!
Sloth? Don't work on Sunday, Sunday is nap-day!
Envy? The other church bought a big screen T.V., so let's buy two!
Lust? Bring more christian children into the world, even the pastors are all married!
Wrath? Turn the other cheek, unless you find something offensive or something makes you uncomfortable, then destroy it!

I just want to say that I really enjoyed your above paragraph. coopdevil

I also am enjoying your labeling of homosexuality as the 8th deadly sin, and your assumption that when the 8th is mainstreamed - a process already under way, as homosexuals increasingly are ordained in the Episcopal and Lutheran churches - there will be a 9th. coopdevil

Carry on! I'm reading you with interest.

#486804 - 02/22/13 06:22 PM Re: Origin and Destruction of Christianity [Re: Insurgent]
Emilio Largo Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Insurgent
In 100 years radical feminist leaders will hold more clout than any preacher in the western world.

And the year 2114 will be declared the Year 1 AC (Anno Castrati) and all the men will sing soprano unto the Goddess, for as long as men remain on the earth, for women will no longer reproduce sexually, but will have themselves cloned, and all clones will of course be female. Hosanna!

Your main point is of course astute, Insurgent. As Christianity wanes, something else will wax. The components of it are already in place and in motion. Feminism, deep ecology, redistribution of wealth, racial homogenization, and scientism are all compatible with one another and their proponents know it. What remains to be seen is how these five will be corrupted into operating as instruments of oppression. The self-proclaimed shepherds are always wolves in disguise. Those the sheep run from in fear are always other sheep who've been duped into dressing in wolfskin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43977 Topics
406022 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements