Page 5 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#480732 - 09/19/12 05:01 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: StabAvery]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: StabAvery
My latest material enjoyment was an excellent Alfredo seafood pizza!

I love pizza, and I know I will get it on friday grin

Food really is one of my favorite indulgences, ( The rest I will keep private laugh ) also my own cooking of course, and a good wine is the icing on the cake.

#480760 - 09/19/12 06:35 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Alonocus Blight Offline

CoS_Member

Loc: NC
Latest material enjoyment was an AC/DC short sleeve T-shirt (Highway to Hell, tie-died)\m/ and a small ALICE pack with frame for jumping. Additionally, I spent so much money in the store that the store owner gave me two free zombie buttons.

"Life is the great indulgence--death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life--HERE AND NOW!"

#480773 - 09/19/12 11:40 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Now that I think about it I guess I would have to name my Birthday party on September 8 as my latest intense material enjoyment.

Indulgence not compulsion! coopdevil

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#480785 - 09/20/12 10:02 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Europe & South America
My latest material enjoyment was my recent trip to Prague. I have been there 4 times and I never grow tired of the place. Apart from being absolutely stunning, Prague boasts the best and cheapest beer you can get in the Western world.

The Bohemian capital is also famous for its magical/occult past. Edward Kelley and John Dee worked a few years in Prague, trying to find the Philosopher's Stone. The Jewish Quarter (Josefov) is famous by being the place where Rabbi Judah Loew ben Bezalel created the mythical Golem -- as romanticized by Gustav Meyrink.

Prague is my personal Mecca -- every now and then I need to visit the city by the Vltava. Every time I'm there I have a coffee at the Kavárna Slavia (Slavia Café), a Gambrinus in a hospodá (pub), a midnight stroll through Charles Bridge, svícková (beef and dumplings with double cream) in the Olympia restaurant and, finally, another pilsener at Letenské sady (Letná Park), on the top of the hill which overlooks the city.

Here is a photo from my last trip (the silhouette of the castle in Prague, viewed from Letná):

#480800 - 09/20/12 04:04 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
DamnedLucky Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS

It is a major improvement over what I'd been using previously.

#480877 - 09/21/12 06:11 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Stilts]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
I hope this link works. I was unable to produce a decent photo of the setup I have at home. I have all except the haunted house and the castle. They are on the 'soon to get' list.
http://search2.lego.com/?q=monster%20fighters&lang=2057&cc=US

Edited by S810 (09/21/12 06:13 PM)

#480921 - 09/22/12 05:02 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
Well my old Nokia N8 was built quite robust and served me well over a decent span of time but after taking one too many drops to hard surfaces it finally became no longer functional last week so it was time to upgrade.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is in my opinion a masterpiece of design meeting functionality and the latest Android OS is simple and intuitive to navigate. I may sound as though I'm giving a sales pitch here but I really cannot fault this phone in any way at all.

I know most people don't get a hard on for sophisticated pieces of technology like I do and will probably look at it as a fancy telephone but when I see things such as this I see the future and we're living it. With more computing power than the early space program could have even dreamed about and what is practically the ability to access the sum total of information known to man in my pocket I am filled with a sense of wonder about what marvels of technology are yet to come in my lifetime and beyond.

This is the type of thing which reminds me why I love technology so.

#480924 - 09/22/12 06:42 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Toilette paper.

I got it for 80 cents and it was glorious. I'm not kidding.

I live very spartan, as spartan as possible while still having a charming home. I'm not a big fan of kipple and clutter. For these reasons I own things like a Kindle (first generation) and no longer purchase things like DVDs or CDs (I acquire digital media and back it up carefully). I make exceptions for truly interesting things I simply can't obtain in my regular way.

My clothing comes from thrift stores, much of which I will have professionally altered. My clothing tends to last years and my boots are seemingly immortal. My furniture is either hand built or found, refinished and decorated. None of it is garbage. For instance my end table where I lounge is an occupied France wine barrel, which I found. My regular jacket, which I wear in the cooler seasons, originally retailed for nearly a grand and is mint (I got it for $5).

So while I do live very spartan I also make it interesting. But as a general rule I do not own things that I do not use.

So it could be said that my material enjoyment is an everyday shedding of burden, complication and kipple. I love it. I get the most enjoyment out of material possessions that are utilitarian and suit my frugal, conservationist, penny pinching nature.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#480925 - 09/22/12 06:53 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I don't want to share. Its mine!

#480944 - 09/23/12 02:36 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: CWH]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: CWH
I don't want to share. Its mine!

Exactly my reason for not sharing it here.. wink

#480957 - 09/23/12 01:03 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: LightAngel]
QueenSpider81 Offline

Loc: Washington, USA
uhm i didnt ask to fo this, please dont take offense... i am totally new to all this. i dont understand

#480958 - 09/23/12 02:07 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: TECHNO]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: TECHNO
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is in my opinion a masterpiece of design meeting functionality and the latest Android OS is simple and intuitive to navigate. I may sound as though I'm giving a sales pitch here but I really cannot fault this phone in any way at all.

I know most people don't get a hard on for sophisticated pieces of technology like I do and will probably look at it as a fancy telephone but when I see things such as this I see the future and we're living it.

I completely concur. I also think the included S-Voice program beats Apple's Siri in a number of ways. In any case, I'd go so far as to say that having these sorts of AI programs aboard a personal phone is another extension of Pentagonal Revisionism (AHCs). Voice-response technology is still in its infancy, but I still think we're living in fascinating times!

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#480959 - 09/23/12 02:08 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Bill_M]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#480980 - 09/23/12 09:11 PM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: QueenSpider81]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Now I love a good non-sequiter as much as the next gal, but this is taking cryptic to a truly epic level.
Quote:
uhm i didnt ask to fo this, please dont take offense... i am totally new to all this. i dont understand

Now....is it the thread, the post, the concept, or your existence that has you befuddled?

Quote:
why is it so difficult to be and represent who and what you are?

It isn't. I can't help but to do so. 'born that way.

Edited by Ygraine (09/23/12 09:14 PM)

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#481010 - 09/24/12 01:46 AM Re: Share your latest material enjoyment [Re: Ygraine]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Now....is it the thread, the post, the concept, or your existence that has you befuddled?

Of all the current threads, I would have thought that the theme of "mention something you recently enjoyed" was the easiest to jump in to!

Page 5 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 >

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405751 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements