Topic Options
#482241 - 10/30/12 12:08 PM Man Created God
DarkStigmata Offline

Loc: California
In my initial introduction, found here, I stumbled on really explaining my "theistic" (or rather lack there of) views by trying to label them as Pantheistic. Now, I don't really know if that term actually fits how I feel. SO, here are the basics of my views. I am not preaching, just clearing things up.

Humans create their Gods. "God" is the manifestation of energies, which is why ancient gods represented specific attributes (i.e Mother Goddess, God of the hunt, God of the harvest, etc.). Thus, “god” is a metaphor. The Christian God is just as made up as it's pagan counterparts. As much as theists would hate to admit it, there is no man in the clouds, no all knowing anthropomorphic being. We as humans are also our own gods. We have just as much power as any religious deity. We have the power to bring life into this world as well as take it. We have the ability to heal the sick, feed to hungry and clothe the poor.

My "god" (and that term is used loosely) is Nature! Both internal and external. Both “human nature” and “mother nature”. It is in all things, it represents all things. Humans are visual animals. We need focal images of said gods in order to better understand them, thus the gods of old took on visual aspects of the energies and attributes they represent. Pan for example, is the Greek god of shepherds and flocks, nature, mans carnal nature and fertility. He is generally seen in imagery as half man, half goat. He has the legs, hooves and horns of a goat, the torso and head/face of a man and sometimes an erect penis. Other gods of old, from different cultures share these attributes yet are known by different names.

This is just a BRIEF explanation of my view of "God". Take it for what it's worth and study for yourself. Knowledge is power and Nature is all powerful!

Hail Nature, Hail Thyself

#486188 - 02/07/13 10:58 PM Re: Man Created God [Re: DarkStigmata]
bobby.1989 Offline

Loc: Montana, USA
I understand exactly what you're saying. Gods are nothing more than an archetype of the mind. However, you seem like a Wiccan. Not a theistic Wiccan, but a Wiccan. I'm not too sure if that is compatible with Satanism...

#486195 - 02/08/13 12:43 AM Re: Man Created God [Re: bobby.1989]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: bobby.1989
I'm not too sure if that is compatible with Satanism...

If you are interested to get answer to this this question you should read this article, wrote by Magister Lang:

Satanism vs. Witchcraft / Wicca?

#486676 - 02/19/13 06:24 PM Re: Man Created God [Re: Janina]
Reptile Offline

Loc: Brazil
God is just a word, and words have only the meaning you give to it. People are so freaked out about the definition of god. This is such a waste of time. SUPREME ENTITY is an acceptable meaning for me. But the most intriguing question is why do people spend so many time and energy with the god concept. Most people have such a low self steem they can only feel encouraged to LIVE when following some SUPREME ENTITY principles instead of discovering their own core values.

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43875 Topics
405557 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements