Topic Options
#486389 - 02/12/13 02:51 AM Wrtitng on behalf of the COS
Gemini Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I have just started at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand.

I was chatting to the editor of the uni mag and she was interested in me submitting articles relating to topics or events that may be happening around the campus because of my experience in writing in public forums.

I have written letters and have given speeches with underlying tones of a satanic nature , but never mentioned the COS.

Mainly because it wasn't the right atmosphere for it.

I am a card carrying member (i don't have access to a scanner at the moment to send a copy but it can be sorted if needed)
I was wondering if i was able to write about the COS and the value system that Anton Lavey created.
I don't intend to write a full, in depth article, just reference the organization and the values we hold to.

#486396 - 02/12/13 08:00 AM Re: Wrtitng on behalf of the COS [Re: Gemini]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

If Satanism is your religion, and you are a student, and you wish to write about it, and you in no way claim (or even seem to imply) that you speak in an official capacity for the Church of Satan, and are clear in what and how you write that you only speak for yourself alone and are expressing personal opinions from your personal perspective, why not?

PS Say hello to The Wizard for me if you see him; we had some rip roaring discussions years ago in Cathedral Square. Something about maps being upside down or not. wink

#486401 - 02/12/13 10:50 AM Re: Wrtitng on behalf of the COS [Re: Gemini]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: Gemini

I was chatting to the editor of the uni mag and she was interested in me submitting articles relating to topics or events that may be happening around the campus because of my experience in writing in public forums.

I have written letters and have given speeches with underlying tones of a satanic nature , but never mentioned the COS.

I am a card carrying member (i don't have access to a scanner at the moment to send a copy but it can be sorted if needed)
I was wondering if i was able to write about the COS and the value system that Anton Lavey created.
I don't intend to write a full, in depth article, just reference the organization and the values we hold to.

By all means, show us what you got! witch

In addition to what Rev. Quaark advises I would also suggest you let us see what you've written. We are always interested in our members' talents regarding espousing our philosophy. It is by demonstrating an ability to effectively communicate Satanic philosopy that many of our members have eventually found their way into becoming officially endorsed spokespersons.

Good luck with it.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#486408 - 02/12/13 03:44 PM Re: Wrtitng on behalf of the COS [Re: Quaark]
Gemini Offline

Originally Posted By: Quaark
If Satanism is your religion, and you are a student, and you wish to write about it, and you in no way claim (or even seem to imply) that you speak in an official capacity for the Church of Satan, and are clear in what and how you write that you only speak for yourself alone and are expressing personal opinions from your personal perspective, why not?

PS Say hello to The Wizard for me if you see him; we had some rip roaring discussions years ago in Cathedral Square. Something about maps being upside down or not. wink

Thanks for the clarity of position.

Ahh the Wizard of Chch.
As far as i know he "retired" from giving speeches in the square a few years ago and now lives in a wee town called Oamaru.
That is a place that really suits him.
There is a colourful collection personalities living there.

When i was a kid i was given a map of how the wizard viewed the world.
New Zealand was on top.
When you looked at it, it was like the whole world "reversed."

Pretty unique thing , but i lost it as i grew older.

#486410 - 02/12/13 03:48 PM Re: Wrtitng on behalf of the COS [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Gemini Offline

Originally Posted By: Drake_Bamboozle
Originally Posted By: Gemini

By all means, show us what you got! witch

In addition to what Rev. Quaark advises I would also suggest you let us see what you've written. We are always interested in our members' talents regarding espousing our philosophy. It is by demonstrating an ability to effectively communicate Satanic philosopy that many of our members have eventually found their way into becoming officially endorsed spokespersons.

Good luck with it.

Thanks , i will definitely keep that in mind.
Any feed back i can get is always helpful.

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements