Topic Options
#486413 - 02/12/13 04:48 PM Emilio Largo Introduction
Emilio Largo Offline
CoS Member

I'm pretty much your standard Satanist, "an atheistic misanthrope with a sense of the dramatic," as I think our High Priest once put it, somewhere, maybe in his book. Life is harsh, bizarre, and stupid, and we do a lot of it to ourselves - but there's beer and books, and blondes and brunettes, and redheads too, and if you know where to look, you'll find 25 burgers to choose from - so drink a toast to Satan, or five or six, if you've money to burn and friends at your table.

I have a black and white female cat named Boots who follows me around like a dog, so I mustn't be too obnoxious in close proximity. Something I share with our High Priest is a fondness for Godzilla and other kaiju. That Firefly was cancelled confirmed for me the validity of my misanthropy. I would play video games if I didn't suck at them. I take it as a given that there's no such thing as an honest politician at any level or in any branch of government. I have a Kindle and I've stocked it with a great many old books and even some new ones, all of them free. I dislike hard liquor but I like various wines, in particular honey wine, and most beers. I exercise vigorously four times a week, eat a lot of pizza, and have tattoos on my arms. I'm on Facebook under this same name if anyone cares. I'm heterosexual.

Emilio Largo is a villain in the James Bond movie, Thunderball. His theft of nuclear weapons from NATO and then his threat to set them off in either the USA or England appeal to the same closet nihilist in me that Godzilla appeals to. He's Italian, as am I.

I'm here for the pleasure of your company, and I hope in return to give you the pleasure of mine.

#486446 - 02/13/13 04:34 PM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: Emilio Largo]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
Life is harsh, bizarre, and stupid, and we do a lot of it to ourselves - but there's beer and books, and blondes and brunettes, and redheads too, and if you know where to look, you'll find 25 burgers to choose from

It is indeed a great wisdom to accept life as it is and not to expect much of other people. Too often we (I mean people in general) jump on our high moral horses when we see others not behaving the way we would like them to behave. When the illusions are shattered there come surprise, shock even, and anger. I thought we were friends. I trusted you. I thought you were good and honest. Why did you turn out to be a bitch? You shouldn't be like this. You should be like that because this is what I expect of you.

Many people forget about little pleasures of life, like books, music, friends, good food and so on, because of problems or unfulfilled dreams and ambitions. In the end they become bitter and frustrated, because they lost something really important.

Quote:
I take it as a given that there's no such thing as an honest politician at any level or in any branch of government.

It is another thing which is hard to accept. In Poland a large number of people is very idealistic. They complain about every government and think that if they elect other deputies, they will live in a paradise. Perhaps, this is natural, but some people get so frustrated that they give up the elections altogether. They are angry that the government cuts the expenses at their cost. Well, it should not be a surprise that our politicians do not want to willingly starve while giving away money to us.

Last but not least, I just want to say hello and that your posts are insightful and pleasurable to read. smile

#486449 - 02/13/13 04:49 PM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: anna]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Originally Posted By: anna
In the end they become bitter and frustrated, because they lost something really important.

Like Firefly. I mourned too.

Great intro, Largo! My b&w cat is Jack. I love all the Godzilla movies. I like pretending I'm Godzilla even more. Video games give me anxiety.

I learned all I know about Italians from Monster of Florence and Fulci films... I like you already. grin
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

I Live In A Trailer Park

#486460 - 02/13/13 09:20 PM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: Emilio Largo]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
It's been a long while since I've read an introduction this appealing.

It's even good enough for me to momentarily break my long standing tradition of on-again off-again posting around here.

Howdy, and well done.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#486473 - 02/14/13 02:11 AM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: Emilio Largo]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I dislike hard liquor but I like honey wine. I'm heterosexual. <<

Others here appear to be utterly impressed with you so far. I however have a much sharper acumen. I am already detecting inconsistancies in your statements about yourself.

The jury is still out.

#486474 - 02/14/13 03:43 AM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Emilio Largo Offline
CoS Member

Reverend Bamboozle, yes, I admit, wine and heterosexual males can be an unlikely pair. But at least I like beer as well, and Guinness at that, which is nutritious enough to make a fine breakfast. cool

To my other respondents, thank you for taking the time to write. I enjoyed your responses.

Right now I'm waiting for my subscription to get processed, fully aware that Magister Ventrue is a busy man. I also sent him my credential as an Active Member of the Church. Once these get recognized in the system, I very much look forward to joining everyone on all the other forums. Meanwhile, I'll continue to check this thread, and look for other threads of interest on this particular forum. I thank Magister Ventrue for creating this venue where I could make your acquaintance.

#486475 - 02/14/13 07:16 AM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: Emilio Largo]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
If a Cat has done you the honour of consenting to live with you, you have passed a very important test.

Welcome!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#486485 - 02/14/13 02:09 PM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: Emilio Largo]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

It's like you just xeroxed a list of my likes and priorities. Pleasure to meet you.

"That Firefly was cancelled confirmed for me the validity of my misanthropy."

It really does confirm my suspicion that average folks are even more average than they used to be. I finally got around to watching Firefly over the course of the last month. Enjoyed Serenity last night. Probably the most realistic space faring science fiction I've seen.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#486523 - 02/15/13 04:41 PM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: Emilio Largo]
Emilio Largo Offline
CoS Member

While I wait to be granted wider forum access, I've been amusing myself by poking around Youtube in search of clips featuring Emilio Largo. This one is my favorite so far, despite featuring other Bond villains alongside old Emilio.

#486564 - 02/16/13 09:50 AM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: Emilio Largo]
Labyrinthine Offline

CoS Member

Loc: America
A warm welcome!

#486574 - 02/16/13 03:44 PM Re: Emilio Largo Introduction [Re: Labyrinthine]
NornIrnbloke Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Let me add my welcome with the others, already I'm appreciating your wit and humour. :-)

Hail Satan!

Forum Stats
12013 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405205 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements