Topic Options
#491687 - 09/12/13 05:59 AM Intro
Sinistress13 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if introductions are commonly used on this forum or not, but decided to take the plunge and tell you all a bit about myself...

I'm 19 years old, from a little town out in the middle of nowhere (Wyoming, to be exact) wink I was raised in a Baptist church and never really understood a lot of things in the christian bible... for instance, the fact that we are commanded to do good to those who hate us (so a rape victim must show true christian love to her rapist, or burn in hell?). The christian concept of "god" also seemed very inconsistent, swinging from an angry, judgmental deity to a "buddy." And a god who lets man (supposedly his creation) torture him to death? Makes a lot of sense, right?

Anyways, all that to say... I spent a couple years searching and ended up here. I'm currently working my way through the Satanic Bible (almost finished!), planning to read The Satanic Rituals and the Satanic Scriptures next. So far, everything I have read in the Satanic Bible makes so much sense.

After all that rambling, I just have one quick question - after I finish those three books, are there any other "must-reads"?

~Jett
I pray you don't look at me, I pray I don't look back

#491688 - 09/12/13 10:24 AM Re: Intro [Re: Sinistress13]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Introductions are no longer required, but they are considered good form, so welcome.

There are a lot of other books out there "The Satanic Witch" is a good addition as well as "Satan Speaks!" and "The Devil's Notebook" by Anton LaVey are i bit lighter in style, but still very interesting.

For a historic perspective there is "The Church of Satan" and "The Secret Life of a Satanist" by Blanche Barton

Once you're done with that, there are some good books by other members of the hierarchy too.

The Church of Satan website also has a list of suggested reading and movies that you might want to check out.

#491690 - 09/12/13 11:57 AM Re: Intro [Re: verszou]
Sinistress13 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Thanks for the ideas! I will definitely check out the things you mentioned. smile
I pray you don't look at me, I pray I don't look back

#491741 - 09/14/13 01:59 AM Re: Intro [Re: Sinistress13]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
It sounds like you're off to a strong start. Having read The Satanic Bible I would read The Satanic Scriptures even before The Satanic Rituals.

TSB and TSS are perhaps the two most fundamental texts of Satanic philosophy.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! smile

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#491807 - 09/18/13 11:06 AM Re: Intro [Re: Sinistress13]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Hello and welcome.

Since others have already recommended you the books I will simply suggest that the Church of Satan website has a plethora of writings on it. Some of which are rare interviews with Anton LaVey.

Interviews.

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406003 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements