Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#492754 - 10/28/13 05:50 AM 9sense - Magister Nemo
Rev. Campbell Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Utah, USA
http://youtu.be/PCcYWmeSkCI

In this very special episode of 9sense, your host Warlock Campbell sits down with Magsiter Nemo to discuss the fringe topics around Greater Magic.

Open your mind, conduct your own research and make your will be done!

Hail Satan!

#492764 - 10/28/13 12:57 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Rev. Campbell]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

THIS was a real treat! Thanks to the both of you for this podcast!

#492768 - 10/28/13 03:02 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Unknown]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
It was a real pleasure to be able to do this interview and I enjoyed it very much.

I am very grateful to Warlock Campbell to be given this opportunity to discuss these topics regarding our deepest traditions just in time for Halloween!

He is an excellent interviewer and a pleasure to work with.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#492773 - 10/28/13 03:58 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Unknown]
Rev. Campbell Offline

CoS Reverend

You are very welcome!

#492774 - 10/28/13 04:00 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Nemo]
Rev. Campbell Offline

CoS Reverend

Magister Nemo,

Thank you for your kind words. It was an honor to speak with you, and I hope we can talk again in the future.

Hail Satan!

#492775 - 10/28/13 04:43 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Nemo]
Dark Passenger Offline
Banned

I've wondered what your conversation would be like. That was excellent.

I wonder if perhaps a place to start changing thinking is to tighten definitions of "pseudoscience" and "science," adding "fringe science" to describe fields who's claims are borderline--features too solid to dismiss, yet too apparitional to snapshot.

Second, Warlock Campbell mentioned disbelief in magic among Satanists. I wonder if Satanists come to the same point I have, thinking Greater Magic is contrivance, and doesn't automatically relate to doctrine. Goals of Greater Magic are solid--graceful balance that neither embraces foolishness, nor dismisses out of compulsion, in order to win a contest. I'm not convinced that Satanic Ritual--as offered by LaVey, are CONSTITUTIONALLY (that word is important) the best way of bringing that state about. I'd be interested in whether you and Warlock Campbell--or any other experienced Satanists, for that matter, think that Satanists just don't believe in magic--even as loosely as Satanism defines it, or whether they do, but with maturity it takes on more mundane forms. Tools improve as standards evolve. Indeed, the Conjurations often skew emotions rather than balancing them. What are your thoughts on this?

I also wonder if perhaps some Satanists just start blurring Lesser and Greater Magic, and just confuse it with manipulation and mind games--which annoy everyone. Most of us learn the lesson in high-school that being able to trick people isn't so cute once everyone's wise to it and doesn't trust you anymore. A talking monkey knows enough to avoid that--which says something about xians and proves Darwin right altogether in my book.

There are many improvements one can make with Lesser Magic that make one desirable--without overt manipulation, but telegraphing intent cheapens play. Perhaps Satanists are just denying it to keep it working.

Do you think Satanists are denying it to keep credibility? As I look at the question I just asked, I feel like kind of an asshole. I'm not saying practicing magic should reduce credibility--but I can see why one would not admit to it, to sidestep a misinterpretation. Does that make sense?

Maybe it's the same phenomenon as denying you're a Satanist when asked by some xian fucktard you know will immediately start barking your disgrace from the rooftops because they heard the word "Satan." Obviously, Satanists talk more openly to eachother, but perhaps there's still that fear of being stigmatized as someone who plays a lot of games with people.

What do you think?

#492777 - 10/28/13 06:24 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Dark Passenger]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you.

I cringe when I hear or read the word "pseudoscience".

"Pseudoscience" has usually come to mean "Some perspective I already know is wrong because I am omniscient and have credentials as a scientist." grin

Since science is a method and not a position, this reminds me of the same issue with "pseudo-Satanism" and "Satanism".

Just as there really is only "Satanism", there really is only "science". Those who try to hijack the name in both cases are only playing word games usually for propaganda purposes.

One of the reasons I wanted to discuss Greater Magic is because the "greater" should receive more attention than the "lesser" whereas I have noticed all too many Satanists dismissing the "greater" as only a function of the "lesser".

Stratification is found everywhere, even in distinguishing magic as "greater" and "lesser".

Hence the names themselves of "Greater Magic" and "Lesser Magic".

As I got to explain in some detail in the interview, those who wish to pretend that the overall evidence for psi phenomena does not meet the highest scientific standards are prejudiced, not biased.

This perspective can be easily reversed by direct study of the evidence.

Once you know that an electric drill can be more effective as a tool than a manual drill then you can learn more about electric drills and perhaps decide to use one as needed instead.

The same applies to Greater Magic.

If the Satanist thinks that it is nothing more than an elaborate form of ceremony and not actually effective in any real way, then why would they consider using it for an effective (external) purpose?

And insofar as letting others know that you are using Greater Magic, perhaps you caught my mention of why part of GM is being extremely careful to not let the wrong people even realize that you are using it.

But this is only rehashing briefly what I was so very pleased to have plenty of time to discuss in greater depth in the interview.

Once again I am glad you enjoyed it. I did too.

#492781 - 10/28/13 07:23 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Rev. Campbell]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area
Thank you both for a most excellent presentation!
I'll be listening to this many times!
Since Sheldrake/Radin were mentioned I'd like to recommend a couple more digestible clips before obtaining their books.
I've posted these years ago here but can't find them now on LttD.
Both videos were posted 5 years ago on Youtube

http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=378602&an=

#492782 - 10/28/13 07:31 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Rev. Campbell]
WolfMoon Offline

Excellent interview!

Thanks for sharing.

#492802 - 10/29/13 09:52 AM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Rev. Campbell]
CBurgert Offline

Loc: Pa
I truly enjoyed listening to this interview, I always seem to learn a little something from 9Sense.

#492806 - 10/29/13 01:25 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Rev. Campbell]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

My dear Adam,

I was asked by several people today if your interview with me could be made available on an mp3.

Rather than send multiple people to ask you this I thought I might ask you myself here.

I saw that it was available on iTunes but I am really very unfamiliar with that service and what format they use.

Thank you again for a delightful experience!

HS!

Nemo

#492807 - 10/29/13 01:47 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Nemo]
Rev. Campbell Offline

CoS Reverend

Magister Nemo,

Our interview is available as an mp3 on my website http://9sensepodcast.com. It is the most recent episode, listed on the right side of the home page. Here is a direct link:
http://9sensepodcast.com/mp3/xlviii/october/27octoberxlviiias.mp3

Hail Satan!

#492808 - 10/29/13 01:59 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Rev. Campbell]
Favenris Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
What a refreshing discussion on the subject of Greater Magic! I find it unfortunate that such a large and important element of Satanism is highly neglected, as most of the Doktor's works are focused on said area!

It was enjoyable to hear a logical approach to the Powers of Darkness, as well as the criticism of certain elements of modern science that "claim to know everything." I find that one of the magnificent beauties of life is the fact that we don't know everything.

I also agreed that such work must be performed and verified by the individual, and that results are what matters. Walking into the Chamber halfheartedly won't produce anything, so it's truly up to the person to test everything and believe nothing.

This discussion helped me as I recently produced real results with Greater Magic and unfortunately fell into the trap known as "Solipsism." I'm glad I was able to hear this topic discussed so close to Halloween and it meant a lot to me personally.

Looking forward to more from 9Sense!

#492810 - 10/29/13 04:59 PM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Dark Passenger]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Hello, I noticed in your post you asked questions for those who have experience with Greater Magic. Magister Nemo is more than qualified to speak on the subject, but I did want to see if I can answer a few questions you had as well from my own experience. I hope you will find my reply to you beneficial.

Quote:

I wonder if perhaps a place to start changing thinking is to tighten definitions of "pseudoscience" and "science," adding "fringe science" to describe fields who's claims are borderline--features too solid to dismiss, yet too apparitional to snapshot.

The scientific method is really quite simple.

1. You ask questions
2. Do background research.
3. Test your hypothesis by doing an experiment.
4. Analyze your data and draw a conclusion.
5. Communicate your results.

As Magister Nemo pointed out science is a method and not a position. When someone uses science as a position you are not dealing with science but rather the mind of the individual. Once the burden of proof has been met then it is up to the individual to either accept it or not. I do not mean mere belief neither. Because the Satanist is his own God he must have his own standards for truth. Furthermore truth is a subjective term and so not all will have the same standards.

Quote:
Satanism rejects faith as a tool of cognition, and so Satanists who practice ritual must gather evidence that satisfies their standards of truth if they suspect that their rituals are having results outside of the chamber.
The Satanic Scriptures.

In the end a Satanist may experience results outside of their ritual chamber but even they can fall to the entrapment of cognitive dissonance. In my experience, the more often you get results along with the willingness to accept the results the easier it is to get over this mental hurdle. As with any scientific experiment some fall short of results and thus fall short on their conclusion. Just as there are some people greater at playing a musical instrument than others, so it is with performing Greater Magic.

Because magic is a skill you will find some incapable of this skill. Greater Magic requires an inner discipline and effort and over time becomes easier for those who have the inner desire for such. Anton LaVey talks about this in his chapter How to Be a Sorcerer in Satan Speaks.
Quote:
One does not "evolve" or "become" a magician.
Anton LaVey has always said that there is a personality type that is within the Magician. While all Satanists are not magicians some are. Anton LaVey developed Greater Magic for those who have this inborn natural desire to explore those very desires. There is a reason why The Magic Circle existed as part of the Church's history.
Quote:
There was the magic—and there was a workable philosophy to go along with it.

As Magus Gilmore said, the burden of proof is up to the individual for Satanic Ritual. His point is further emphasized in his essay Satanism: The Feared Religion.
Quote:
Satanists do have experience of the super-normal in their practice of ritual or Greater Magic. This is a technique for influencing the outcome of human events to desired ends via reaching an extreme emotional state in the context of a ritual, sending forth a vision of what you want to occur (the Is To Be), which, if your levels of adrenaline are high enough, will permeate the unconscious minds of those you wish to influence, causing them to behave as you Will when the time is right. This does not mean that anything is possible, for it takes a great deal of energy to make a strong sending, and it is often difficult to influence events from the inertia of their present directions. Awareness of your abilities and what is possible to achieve is the hallmark of a successful Satanic magician.

Some are 20 watt light bulbs while others are 50 watt light bulbs. It all depends on the potential of the individual and the use of that potential to actually get results. This potential can be effected by how we view the world. If you enter Satanic Ritual with doubt then you have set a pre-judgement and there is no point in attempting a Satanic Ritual because your mind was already made up. You then have conflicting emotions which can and will seriously hinder your ritual.

Quote:
I also wonder if perhaps some Satanists just start blurring Lesser and Greater Magic, and just confuse it with manipulation and mind games--which annoy everyone

While Lesser Magic is psychological warfare to directly influence behavior Greater Magic is psychological warfare in a more abstract sense. The definition of Greater Magic as used in The Satanic Bible is: The change in situations or events in accordance with one's will, which would, using normally accepted methods, be unchangeable. The Balance Factor as well as desire are 2 ingredients that can be increased through a built rapport with the person or situation you desire to change. For example if you have no job or previous experience and you perform a Satanic Ritual and apply for a job at a fortune 500 company chances of getting the job are null. So having some ground to stand on can get you to where you need to go. So I think that Lesser Magic can cross over into Greater Magic and sometimes the lines can be blurred. That is why the Balance Factor is so essential.

So for those who are curious about Satanic Ritual I would challenge them to drop their pre-judgements and be open to new experiences. I do not mean to accept magic based upon faith but rather drop the faith that it is not real.

I did this and in my experience I have gotten results.

#492821 - 10/30/13 04:56 AM Re: 9sense - Magister Nemo [Re: Nemo]
Dark Passenger Offline
Banned

Quote:
science is a method and not a position

...another rockstar reductionism.

I hope to hear much more from you from whatever other mediums the powers that be make available.

I've always enjoyed your posts, and getting to hear discussion was even better. When you speak, I'm constantly reminded of the efficiency of Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins, but even better, because you're exploratory rather than defensive. It's really easy for Satanists to get so weighed down by what's not--or shouldn't be possible, that we lose sight of discovery and just settle for relief. Hitchens and Dawkins relieve, but you buoy discovery. When I take notes, I can't decide what to prioritize, because everything is useful and filled with practical treats. I always feel smarter afterwards, and hopeful for development I'd resigned on previous. I hope your further media exposure reflects that.

You constantly invoke in Satanists the ability to surprise ourselves and wonder what else we can do that we've forgotten about.

This is a rare trait indeed. Don't ever stop.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
13161 Members
73 Forums
44441 Topics
407312 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold