Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#492972 - 11/03/13 12:01 PM Re: The Science Delusion [Re: Dark Passenger]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

It is a fallacy to assume one part of the book makes up the whole of the book.

Magister Nemo was specifically addressing psi research and NOT the issue you just brought up.

#492973 - 11/03/13 12:33 PM Re: The Science Delusion [Re: Unknown]
Dark Passenger Offline
Banned

This is one of his claims on psi. He really believes a person can use psi to live for decades without food and water. Look it up.

I'm not trying to pick a fight at all--but who would consider that scientific in the least, or fault those who dismiss these ideas?

It's relevant--but I'm not asking anyone to "believe" me--or that doubting me is just another form of belief. I don't play those games.

If some offers me bullshit as evidence, I'm going to call it that. I'm a Satanist, not a believer.

So be it all. I don't care how this ends. It's not about me.

#492974 - 11/03/13 12:41 PM Re: The Science Delusion [Re: Dark Passenger]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
This is one of his claims on psi. He really believes a person can use psi to live for decades without food and water. Look it up.

You mean like this guy?

Or how about levitation?

I am reading through the book now and going through the second chapter. But this stuff has interested me all my life.

#492975 - 11/03/13 12:59 PM Re: The Science Delusion [Re: Unknown]
Dark Passenger Offline
Banned

Yes. That's exactly the kind of thing I mean. The only thing more ridiculous than living without food is living without water.

It's bullshit.

#492976 - 11/03/13 07:37 PM There is no debate here. Read the book carefully. [Re: Dark Passenger]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Using polemics is the sign of weakness in any discussion.

Radin's book addressed exactly what you are most missing.

The entire point Radin was making was that in the few cases that actually tested these claims, they were (surprisingly!) not disproven.

Zeno, you are pretending to already know what is possible and impossible.

Radin's book is entirely about using the method of science to test claims you obviously do not believe are possible.

Your beliefs are not proofs.

They are merely what you believe.

You may believe you have read his book.

You really need to read it again ...perhaps far more slowly.

However if you are going to equate Satanism with omniscience, I would remind you that our religion is based on doubt, not certainty.

So is real science.

Dean Radin in his book Supernormal has done an excellent job of looking at what science has to say about psi phenomena.

It may contain his personal opinions at different points but it was the research results that makes this book useful.

That is why I feel it is useful for those who are still willing to admit that they do not already know everything.

There is not debate on this issue.

It is as I presented it in the interview.

Period.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#492979 - 11/03/13 08:04 PM Re: There is no debate here. Read the book carefully. [Re: Nemo]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

It may contain his personal opinions at different points but it was the research results that makes this book useful.

EXACTLY!

#492981 - 11/03/13 09:42 PM Re: There is no debate here. Read the book carefully. [Re: Nemo]
Dark Passenger Offline
Banned

I think it's great that people are trying to push the envelope and explore. I'm not just giving everyone the finger. I hope everyone continues to enjoy themselves if I just drop the conversation.

A person who outright states they believe a person can use psychic powers to convert ambient energy into food loses all credibility with me. It's not just that one issue. It sheds doubt on everything he says--as if it were believable in the first place. It's irresponsible to behave as though it's credible until proven otherwise--to accept written descriptions of "evidence" as actual evidence, when it's not, all the while being critical of those who dismiss these ridiculous claims, and pretending that it's their flawed thinking at issue, and if they would just open their minds, the world would be a better place, and the burden of proof is entirely on those who DOUBT--because we'll just go ahead and call the doubt "belief" so it works towards our overall agenda.

It wasn't the only part of the book I read, either. The rest of the book was similar. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim--and there is a trend toward pushing the opposite here. I reject the responsibility for proving to an audience of believers that a person can't go 70 years without food and water. It's not my responsibility. It's HIS--and always will be, and that's if I even cared to listen to the explanation, which I wouldn't. It's a complete waste of time.

There is some underhanded and reverse psychology going on here--but have at it. It's not for me to tell anyone what to do or think or not. Please continue enjoying yourselves.

Magister Nemo, you know how much I respect you. You are a wise man indeed--but exhibiting this book is not the proof.

Again, I have a lot of respect for MOST of the discussions on this site--but this is not one of them. Please continue to enjoy yourselves without me.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
13162 Members
73 Forums
44438 Topics
407310 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold