Topic Options
#496397 - 07/03/14 05:57 PM Something Strange
sleepdirt Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: Irvine, CA
So, while I still retain my "Member" status, I had not used the message board for quite a few years. I have sent off the required e-mail with the photo requirements of my red card and I.D., and I am waiting patiently, but I have noticed something peculiar.

I have a somewhat limited access to the Members Only section, even though I don't know if I've been approved for downstairs participation again. I can see and read the topics and responses in the section of "Art & Artists," but, for some reason, that is the only section. If I try any other section, I get the message of access being denied.

Has anyone else had this happen?

#496398 - 07/03/14 07:22 PM Re: Something Strange [Re: sleepdirt]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
It's the same for me. As I understand it, the VIP system reconfigured the downstairs portion. You need to have a paid VIP subscription in addition to being a card holder.

#496399 - 07/03/14 10:09 PM Re: Something Strange [Re: RaSc]
sleepdirt Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: Irvine, CA
Originally Posted By: RaSc
It's the same for me. As I understand it, the VIP system reconfigured the downstairs portion. You need to have a paid VIP subscription in addition to being a card holder.

Ah, well that's something that I was not aware of, plus I know a few persons have inquired if it was necessary to have a VIP membership, in addition to being a registered member.

I just upgraded my Satannet.com account and since I already sent off the required e-mail, it's just a matter of waiting. smile

Edited by sleepdirt (07/04/14 07:46 AM)
Edit Reason: Updated

#496403 - 07/04/14 02:09 AM Re: Something Strange [Re: sleepdirt]
Avaricious13 Offline

Loc: California
Well this answers my question as well.

I was wondering if I needed to be a VIP as well as a card holder. I have the card, but I am not VIP; so does this mean that the email that I sent requesting access downstairs needs to be resent after I upgrade to VIP?

I appreciate any help I can get!

-Mark Twain

#496405 - 07/04/14 05:37 AM Re: Something Strange [Re: Avaricious13]
Mr. E. Mann Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: Nashville, TN
I finally received my VIP upgrade after waiting quite some time for someone to recognize that I had paid and wasn't getting the service I'd paid for nor a response to my inquiries about the matter (thanks again, Quaark, for being the one who took notice and did something about it).

However, I became a VIP subscriber in order to become recognized as a CoS member and, though I've followed the directions step by step, I still haven't been given my member's badge to allow access; also, noone has yet to answer my question as to why. I'll probably just cancel my VIP subscription if I can't get access to the CoS Members' forums soon.

#496485 - 07/11/14 12:29 AM Re: Something Strange [Re: Mr. E. Mann]
Avaricious13 Offline

Loc: California
I actually just made the payment for VIP access and resent an email to Magister Ventrue to upgrade my account. Now I wait.

-Mark Twain

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405236 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements