Topic Options
#496945 - 08/29/14 07:25 AM Do you believe in paranormal activity?
Ultraviolence Offline

Ghosts, magic, fairies, vampires, anything. Do you believe they exist? tiki

#496949 - 08/29/14 10:26 AM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Ultraviolence]
Equinox Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Nope. But show me some real, tangible evidence that these things exist, and I'll be happy to change my answer.

#496950 - 08/29/14 10:48 AM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Ultraviolence]
Mr. E. Mann Online

CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Ghosts? Yes, I have good reason to believe in them. I can't exactly explain what they are but I've had a couple of encounters with what appeared to be some sort of phantoms.

Magic? My experiences with this can't be held up as irrefutable evidence because, certainly, what appeared to be results of rituals performed could have been only coincidences... but I do find them to be rather specific coincidences, leading me to suspect there is more to it than that.

I also tend to suspect - based on studies by some pretty sharp folks - that telepathy is real.

Vampires? Ask Nemo.

Edited by Mr. E. Mann (08/29/14 10:51 AM)

#496951 - 08/29/14 11:50 AM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Mr. E. Mann]
Ultraviolence Offline

Who is Nemo? I'm new here... jack

Edited by Ultraviolence (08/29/14 11:58 AM)

#496952 - 08/29/14 11:59 AM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Equinox]
Ultraviolence Offline

Originally Posted By: Equinox
Nope. But show me some real, tangible evidence that these things exist, and I'll be happy to change my answer.

Same. I don't think scientists have discovered everything "out there", I'm sure there are other things that have yet to be explained, but until then I'm just uncertain...

Edited by Ultraviolence (08/29/14 11:59 AM)

#496954 - 08/29/14 02:49 PM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Ultraviolence]
Equinox Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Ultraviolence
Same. I don't think scientists have discovered everything "out there", I'm sure there are other things that have yet to be explained, but until then I'm just uncertain...

As an undergraduate scientist, I can reinforce your idea that we have yet to develop a grand unified theory involving the whole cosmos. Hell, we don't even have a tried and tested form of quantum gravity yet (with the exception of Dr. Carlo Rovelli and Loop Quantum Gravity, but we'll see how that plays out).

Objectively speaking, paranormal claims have been tried and tested for thousands of years. The belief and faith in such claims dropped dramatically since the inception of the camera and probably quite as easily jumped back up as high after Photoshop was created. In modern days, the best evidence we get for claims such as 'spirits' and 'ghosts' usually lies in the deceptive words of mediums, psychics, and other kinds of snake-oil salesmen trying to separate people from their hard-earned money.

Regardless of what scientists "know", the academic realm still keeps an open (albeit, very skeptical) mind. Anecdotal descriptions and personal experiences, however, don't lend any credibility to those claims.

#496955 - 08/29/14 03:19 PM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Ultraviolence]
Mr. E. Mann Online

CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Nemo is a magister of The CoS Priesthood and a regular on these forums.

He's also the founder of The Temple of the Vampire.

#496967 - 08/30/14 03:07 PM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Ultraviolence]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
"Paranormal" isn't really paranormal. It is actually quite "normal" in the sense of being reported worldwide, cross-culturally, and throughout recorded history by the vast majority of people.

By the way, we refer to such things as "supernormal" (a term coined by Charles Tart) to distinguish such things from the "supernatural".

Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications on Psi Research http://deanradin.com/evidence/evidence.htm

Also listen to my Halloween interview on 9-Sense. The link is in my signature here.

#496968 - 08/30/14 03:08 PM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Mr. E. Mann]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...

#496970 - 08/30/14 08:37 PM Ghosts & the yet to be explained. [Re: Ultraviolence]
J. Favenris Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I don't believe in anything supernatural. Everything that has existed, is existing, and will exist, is scientific. But not everything about the Universe has yet been scientifically explained by humans. wink

My attraction to Satanism has been its focus on the "here and now." I'm sure there are many things outside of human consciousness that exist, but I'd rather focus on what HAS been discovered, and forming logical conclusions on what else could possibly exist, with previous successful experiments being the guide towards the unknown.

Like the honorable Magister Nemo has stated, I believe "supernormal" is a better term to describe things that have not been currently explained.

That being said, I don't doubt that apparitions or "ghosts" exist - but I don't think they are conscious entities anymore. If they were, why would they be "hiding" all the time and not walking down Times Square? I think when a person dies, they leave a footprint of sorts on this world, and it can manifest and rise every once in a while.

Somewhere in the Doktor's work he wrote that this is particularly true if a person dies in a very tragic manner, like a violent death. The electrical waves of the brain might leave something behind in the scene.

#496974 - Yesterday at 06:11 PM Re: Ghosts & the yet to be explained. [Re: J. Favenris]
ookiesoup Offline

Loc: N. Y. USA
Magic, yes ---- since I've used it, as I guess so many others on this site have. Vampires, yes though no the undead, blood sucking type of fiction. Instead, there's the Prana drinking types. Ozzy Osborne is one, feeding of the energy of his audiences. Rasputin was another type of psychic vampire. And numerology - I believe in that, too. As far as the rest, who's to say with absolute certainty? I believe that reality is far broader than is widely accepted. skull skull skull

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements