Topic Options
#496945 - Yesterday at 07:25 AM Do you believe in paranormal activity?
Ultraviolence Offline

Ghosts, magic, fairies, vampires, anything. Do you believe they exist? tiki

#496949 - Yesterday at 10:26 AM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Ultraviolence]
Equinox Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Nope. But show me some real, tangible evidence that these things exist, and I'll be happy to change my answer.

#496950 - Yesterday at 10:48 AM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Ultraviolence]
Mr. E. Mann Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Ghosts? Yes, I have good reason to believe in them. I can't exactly explain what they are but I've had a couple of encounters with what appeared to be some sort of phantoms.

Magic? My experiences with this can't be held up as irrefutable evidence because, certainly, what appeared to be results of rituals performed could have been only coincidences... but I do find them to be rather specific coincidences, leading me to suspect there is more to it than that.

I also tend to suspect - based on studies by some pretty sharp folks - that telepathy is real.

Vampires? Ask Nemo.

Edited by Mr. E. Mann (Yesterday at 10:51 AM)

#496951 - Yesterday at 11:50 AM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Mr. E. Mann]
Ultraviolence Offline

Who is Nemo? I'm new here... jack

Edited by Ultraviolence (Yesterday at 11:58 AM)

#496952 - Yesterday at 11:59 AM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Equinox]
Ultraviolence Offline

Originally Posted By: Equinox
Nope. But show me some real, tangible evidence that these things exist, and I'll be happy to change my answer.

Same. I don't think scientists have discovered everything "out there", I'm sure there are other things that have yet to be explained, but until then I'm just uncertain...

Edited by Ultraviolence (Yesterday at 11:59 AM)

#496954 - Yesterday at 02:49 PM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Ultraviolence]
Equinox Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Ultraviolence
Same. I don't think scientists have discovered everything "out there", I'm sure there are other things that have yet to be explained, but until then I'm just uncertain...

As an undergraduate scientist, I can reinforce your idea that we have yet to develop a grand unified theory involving the whole cosmos. Hell, we don't even have a tried and tested form of quantum gravity yet (with the exception of Dr. Carlo Rovelli and Loop Quantum Gravity, but we'll see how that plays out).

Objectively speaking, paranormal claims have been tried and tested for thousands of years. The belief and faith in such claims dropped dramatically since the inception of the camera and probably quite as easily jumped back up as high after Photoshop was created. In modern days, the best evidence we get for claims such as 'spirits' and 'ghosts' usually lies in the deceptive words of mediums, psychics, and other kinds of snake-oil salesmen trying to separate people from their hard-earned money.

Regardless of what scientists "know", the academic realm still keeps an open (albeit, very skeptical) mind. Anecdotal descriptions and personal experiences, however, don't lend any credibility to those claims.

#496955 - Yesterday at 03:19 PM Re: Do you believe in paranormal activity? [Re: Ultraviolence]
Mr. E. Mann Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Nemo is a magister of The CoS Priesthood and a regular on these forums.

He's also the founder of The Temple of the Vampire.

Forum Stats
12115 Members
73 Forums
43871 Topics
405537 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements