Topic Options
#497310 - 10/05/14 07:42 AM Australian Satanists in the Media
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
An Australian journalist recently contacted the CoS to try and track down some Aussie Satanists to interview. Magus Gilmore put him in touch with CoS Warlock Marquis HK, the coordinator of our Brisbane QLD cabal.

This first was a light hearted interview, after meeting the cabal for an outdoor gathering.

The Devil's Advocates

This was then followed up by an interview and detailed article about Warlock Marquis himself-

Warlock Marquis HK on life in Australia’s Church of Satan

And finally, a spot on prime time TV. One of the most watched channels and shows, during peak evening viewing times. The media here seems quite open minded to alternative religions. They use a bit of humor, but not ridicule.

I had trouble embedding the video so here is the youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTJXV_9MTbw

HS!

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#497329 - 10/06/14 10:05 PM Re: Australian Satanists in the Media [Re: Babydoll]
Dak Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Somewhere else
Fun news piece. It looks like the Warlock needs to upgrade the altar accessories a bit. Appears too much like left over Halloween decorations than an altar for prime time television. But then again if it creates the needed stimulus anything should work.

The news reporter mentioned a count of 2500 Satanists down under. This seems like an under estimation for a population of over 20 million. What do you think?

#497330 - 10/07/14 12:27 AM Re: Australian Satanists in the Media [Re: Dak]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Appears too much like left over Halloween decorations than an altar for prime time television.

Are you meaning the altar in the video? (showed at 2:40 mins - shot at the TV studio). I have seen the ritual items first hand and they are not of poor quality. It would certainly have looked more powerful with a real human skull instead of a stone one, but the real one I have access to could not be used at the time.

Quote:
The news reporter mentioned a count of 2500 Satanists down under. This seems like an under estimation for a population of over 20 million. What do you think?

I have not met so many other CoS Satanists (though there's likely many who keep to themselves) and I myself am not open about my religion to others. The "2500" number is probably from a census, so it would include all the 'types' of Satanists (inc devil worshipers). I personally left my religion blank on the census, for privacy! So I doubt the census number is accurate when we're talking about a religion that many may be secretive about.

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12195 Members
73 Forums
43973 Topics
405993 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements