Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#497598 - 10/28/14 06:28 AM Best of the best?
Felltyde Online

Loc: Eastern United States.
In my early readings of Satanic thought, I often struggled with the idea of myself ever being part of the elite...mostly I would attribute this to my own self doubt, or a general lack of understanding of what being elite truly entails.

I mistakenly associated being rich with being elite, as a man who has always worked with his hands, the prospect of being wealthy has always been dim, plus I foolishly excepted the worldview that those in labor are too dumb to do anything else.

As years past and I actually began to incorporate Satanic thought and philosophy into my life I came to understand that no matter your station or chosen profession, you truly can be the best, become one of the elite.

Since my early 20s (pushing 40 now) I have always taken a leadership role in the work place, I've delved and prospered in union politics, and have always strived to be recognized as the best in my profession. The potential was always there, Satanic thought brought it to the surface.

I would love to read some of your trials and successes based on Satanic practices...and also hear your views on what it means to be "elite".

#497599 - 10/28/14 06:45 AM Re: Best of the best? [Re: Felltyde]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Hereīs link to older thread about success:

What is success?

#497600 - 10/28/14 12:02 PM Elitism [Re: Felltyde]
Dark Passenger Offline

Definitions are only as good as their source. Like intelligence, most failures have bad definitions--rich and poor. Many successes have different priorities. If you're a parent of an autistic child, things take on a different meaning than financing a bullet-train, treating cancer, or sky-diving from space.

My own idea of elitism would generally include the following:

Do one thing at a time, do it EXTREMELY well, then move on.

Always be training.

Embrace force-multipliers: Fanatics cluster. Good kit won't break. Habits stick.

Fail in the right direction and keep going. Its not about never failing, its about never stopping. Things are only impossible until they're not.

Competition often takes the form of simply talking people into regretting their advantages. Jealous people will talk the stink out of shit and pose as your best friend the whole time. Exercise total indifference.

Utterly reject the motive of being able to look down on others. This is an immature and totally ineffective motive you often see in young soldiers just out of basic, and it usually gets beaten out of them in the first month or so. Your success may depend on the good-will of others. Keep good relations.

Smile. Most people who are really good at being good at things have a calm smile, and don't depend entirely on adrenaline and cortisol--which depletes quickly.

Again, these may or may not apply in your case. Like everyone in the world who considers himself elite, my definitions suit my own purposes. I've been measured by others, but not defined by them.

#497601 - 10/28/14 06:46 PM Re: Elitism [Re: Dark Passenger]
Felltyde Online

"Smile" is such a good ( and unexpected) suggestion...

#497602 - 10/28/14 06:58 PM Re: Elitism [Re: Felltyde]
Felltyde Online

Side note: it's amazing how useful lesser magic is in the workplace...even a labor environment. Just today I managed to manipulate three people into giving me their overtime hours ( I love overtime), granted, they didint want the hours anyways but usually give them to others...I decided I wanted them and made it so.

As a union rep, I've used lesser magic to save jobs, gain influence, and at times intimidate my rivals and adversaries.

#497603 - 10/28/14 08:57 PM To Be Truly Elite [Re: Felltyde]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
To be truly one of the Satanic elite you need only grasp and embrace one single concept:

You are not what you do.

To choose yourself as your own God is to be truly elite.

To have to first measure up to some external standard to maybe someday be "good enough" is what the rest of the world does.

These are the chains that enslave the world.

It is the reason I created the program "Discovering the Satanic God".

Get this and you get everything.

I would suggest to all reading this to try to understand that it is just fine to feel pride in accomplishment.

But to BE elite is to BE your own God.

That is not something you work toward or earn.

It is a CHOICE that you make.

It is a GIFT only you can give to yourself and accept for yourself.

#497605 - 10/29/14 05:45 AM Re: To Be Truly Elite [Re: Nemo]
Felltyde Online

Wise words, Magister.

Like I mentioned, it was very hard in the beginning to separate my own goals from what others deemed important...a lifetime of brainwashing via school, media, peers, etc...is not always an easy thing to shake. That coupled with a misunderstanding of what it truly means to be free, to be Satanic, is a recipe for frustration.

The only person I truly compete with anymore is myself. Do what I enjoy, and do it to the utmost of my ability. The satisfaction derived from exceeding what you thought was the limits of your ability in whatever undertaking, are immense.

Thanks.

#497607 - 10/29/14 07:00 PM Re: Best of the best? [Re: Felltyde]
Weax Offline

Loc: Sweden
I very much agree with Magister Nemo on this one, but for me there is another dimension as well.

I know myself to be the best there is in my world, according to my standards, but in order to take pride in that I must actually live it. To create a world around me that works with me and not against me is essential to be able to feel satisfaction in life. For some that world can be very small, just a one-room flat and a pet, a hobby you like and a job you don't hate, but for me that world has to be bigger. As an emotional being I live off of recognition from others, not recognition for conforming to their wishes, but recognition for being absolutely extraordinary as the person I am. So everything I do in life, from decorating my home, to my work, to my political engagements, I do as best as I can to my own standards. A lot of people don't like what I do or how I do it, but I don't do it for them, I do it for me.

Of course there have been a lot of times when I have forgotten myself and tried to get recognition by conforming to the standards of others, but then I never truly feel elite, I don't get that sense of satisfaction at my own accomplishment that I know I'm after. This is especially true when it comes to love - I tend to lose myself in love and suddenly forget that I am not living for my lover but rather they are an accessory to my life. Satanism really brings me back to the ground when that happens and helps me focus on my true goals.

Sorry if I got a bit carried away with the subject, but it is very close to my heart at the moment.

#497608 - 10/29/14 07:14 PM Re: To Be Truly Elite [Re: Felltyde]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

You're welcome.

Quote:
The only person I truly compete with anymore is myself. Do what I enjoy, and do it to the utmost of my ability. The satisfaction derived from exceeding what you thought was the limits of your ability in whatever undertaking, are immense.

For an excellent example of missing the mark on this issue consider how so many people feel threatened by the idea that coming robotic intelligence will be able to do anything better and faster than anything any human being can.

The people who express this concern are identified with what they can do to "justify" their existence and value.

However if you truly grasp how you are not and never were what you can do, then being surpassed by what anything or anyone can accomplish will NOT bother you in the least.

Again, such individuals enjoy the pride of accomplishment but do not measure THEMSELVES by those accomplishments.

To be your own God is to enjoy infinite self-esteem, which is to no longer give yourself any evaluation at all.

Gods are beyond all that. grin

#497609 - 10/29/14 07:22 PM Re: Elitism [Re: Felltyde]
Dark Passenger Offline

Well done. I'm sure a word to the wise is sufficient--in that "manipulation" is a bit of a two-edged sword. Oddly, most lesser magic can easily be thought of as "manipulation" or thought of as "influence," but using the word "manipulation" can sabotage ones influence, where "influence" does not. People respect influence--but they take precautions against manipulation, or a person they suspect it from.

Here's an example. When I worked in enforcement, using the term "spontaneous compliance" would often invoke respect and cooperation, even though its almost exactly the same in meaning as "instant obedience." When dealing with someone yelling, I'd often casually rest my hand on my baton handle while saying with a big smile "sir, I'd like to invite you once to lower your voice." Telling someone to "calm down" almost always has the opposite effect, and using the term "invite" forces them to shift from their brainstem long enough to break their temper's momentum. "Why did he use the term "invite?" If he's a wuss, why did he put his hand on his weapon while saying it with a smile?"

With a little creativity, there's almost always a genuinely respectful means of influencing a person to do what would ordinarily require "manipulation" in a disrespectful sense, and instead of resentment and retaliation, you get respect and gratitude when the person figures it out.

Lesser Magic is often thought of in terms of clever trickery--and there's some truth to that, but the real masters, I think, are those who can get the same or better results, while safeguarding their long-term credibility--which basic trickery or thug-logic lacks.

I like to think of Lesser Magic as putting a mirror up to itself. Influential behavior seeks to influence, then stops. Lesser Magic influences, but also safeguards its own perpetuation.

Just to be sure, I'm not accusing you of anything inappropriate. I assume the best possible meaning from the word "manipulation," but whenever I see or hear a Satanist use that word, I always think it best to advance the topic where possible.

#497612 - Yesterday at 03:49 AM Re: Elitism [Re: Dark Passenger]
Felltyde Online

Thanks, Dark Passenger...perhaps my choice of words was inappropriate when no context was given. Long story short, I saw that a few people were given overtime, I wanted said overtime, so when I I knew they were listening I mentioned that to another co-worker, and also mentioned how cold it was going to be, how heavy our work load was, etc...I was simply planting the seeds.
Sure enough people began to offer me their overtime, which I took as "a favor". In each case I was thanked profusely for taking the burden away from them.
Did I manipulate them or influence them? On one hand I played on their own fears (of the cold, of extra work, etc) but also made them feel as if they were being magnanimous by giving a wretch like me their overtime.
No one walked away feeling cheated. I relived them of their burden and gained from it.
"Planting seeds" is an effective way to get what you desire, but if you are not aware of the nature of your target it can easily explode in your face.

Edited by Felltyde (Yesterday at 04:02 AM)

#497613 - Yesterday at 03:56 AM Re: Elitism [Re: Felltyde]
Felltyde Online

Excellent point, Magister.

Many people fear that robots will one day replace the workforce. In some cases this will come to pass, but most employers know that while a robot could perform many task it will always lack the ultimate drive and imagination of humans.
Of course there are a great many people who would simply throw up their hands to such a prospect, but would that not be just natural selection at work? Humans could and would still thrive in a society were artificial life was common place...but not everyone.

Edited by Felltyde (Yesterday at 04:01 AM)

#497616 - Yesterday at 01:16 PM Re: Elitism [Re: Felltyde]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
... most employers know that while a robot could perform many task it will always lack the ultimate drive and imagination of humans.

Machine intelligence will not need "drive" or "imagination". When a human being with a high IQ will try to compete with an artificial intelligence that is exponentially doubling its intelligence 200 times per second there will be, at best, only laughter.

The future that is almost upon us now is going to be totally unlike anything in recorded history.

Nothing will remain the same.

People as creators, workers, managers, supervisors, politicians, or any other job title you can imagine will be overnight extinct.

Yes people can think, have "drive" and imagination.

People can also walk.

But if you want to go anywhere more than a mile away and get back today you will use a machine like a car.

Just extend this to everything people currently do and you will begin to see what we are all headed for.

Just one consideration for example. Self-driving vehicles are already being licensed. Anyone who drives for a living - truckers, cab drivers, etc. - will be as useful as a buggy whip and this will not take years to happen.

It is happening now.

#497617 - Yesterday at 01:48 PM Re: To Be Truly Elite [Re: Nemo]
Dark Passenger Offline

Another excellent 3rd side angle from Magister Nemo!

I'm hesitant to ask this question--that it may be considered arguing the point. I DO see what you mean about "elitism" interpreted as distinguishing between our actions and our identity, and I DO agree with the principle.

On the other hand, there are many people in the world who ALSO fit your description that are just arrogant and whose hubris seems to have no redress, no matter how much damage their actions do to themselves and others. They're legends in their own minds--but nowhere else. The world is filled with Walmart greeters and security guards who think and act like they're president of the company because they're standing in front of the building. This is routine in Christian churches, and quite opposite the COS, which prizes accomplishment in the world.

I agree with you on separating identity and actions--especially capacity for usefulness to others. I must take some issue, though, with completely divorcing the term "elite," with skill. In fact the word itself derives from a definition where comparative best is constitutional to its meaning. Indeed, the derivative word "election," is entirely about comparison.

Again, I'm not trying to step on you, boss. I entirely agree that separating identity and behavior is an excellent principle--just not a complete one, where the word "elitism" is used. I think throwing out competition entirely may be a good point on its own--where self-esteem is concerned, at least in how you've explained it. I just think it shifts to a meaning that belongs to a different word.

On the other hand, you often surprise me completely with your clever take on things. I'd very much enjoy reading your further thoughts on this.

Elite etymology

Election etymology

#497618 - Yesterday at 01:56 PM Re: Elitism [Re: Nemo]
Dark Passenger Offline

I'm experiencing a shift like you describe in my life right now.

Having or not having a car becomes an issue very quickly if you travel a lot. Having one means flexibility at your destination, but it also means forgoing a quick plane ride to get there. You're forced to drive.

One of the reasons I've decided to settle in this area is that the taxis can be summoned on my phone app, and as they're all gps and well networked, they reliably arrive within 10 min. The consistency means the advantage of a car without the curse of having one if I want to leave.

I've relied on taxis all over the country, and this is the first time I've considered the paradigm to be altogether better than having a car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements