Topic Options
#497879 - 11/29/14 04:20 AM Some questions to gain insight
Halkyon Offline

Having read around in this forum and on the website of the CoS I must say "Thank you for insight!" I will get TSB and I also will start reading my philosophers (again) and engage in understanding other "religions" as well to foster my understanding of which Weltanschauung _really_ suits my needs/opinions. Not that this may be of interest to your CoS-Members anyway. But I have some questions. They may read weird but still are results of some reasoning and your answers might provide me with further insight, however these answers may be. No trolling or "lot lice"-behaviour is intended. By the way: English is not my native language, so please feel free to assign unclear formulations to this fact.

Having delved into social sciences I know a bit about what Max Weber called Protestantische Arbeitsethik (≈ protestant work ethic i. e. Protestant Ethic) and certain viewpoints that state that the american way of life (whatever that may be) is influenced by the protestant ethic. To outsiders, amercians seemingly tend to hold certain truths and viewpoints in common ( cliché ...). My question is: Is Satanism an "american religion"?

Considering the 4th Satanic Statement and 1st point of Pentagonal Revisionism: What are your thoughts on supporting others to develop their own true strengths and abiliies? As far as I understand COS supports a meritocraty. To me this would mean that everybody should have the possibility to achieve merits depending on his own abilities and not on societal constraints. To get me right: this is not about equal opportunity.

Kind regards

#497888 - 12/01/14 05:49 PM Re: Some questions to gain insight [Re: Halkyon]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:
My question is: Is Satanism an "american religion"?

Frankly, Satanism is a "reality religion".

We respect reality to include human nature as it is and as a part of nature overall.

Attempting to niche-define Satanism inside of any former perspective in history is an attempt to rewrite history.

Elements that were woven together to create Satanism by Anton LaVey in 1966 came from many minds and many cultures.

However the whole is more than the sum of its parts.

When these ideas were combined and codified, Satanism sprang to life, a living philosophy and religion.

Anton LaVey stated that Satanism was “a custard that can’t be nailed to the wall”.

Satanism is not limited by mere cultural or national borders.

Quote:
As far as I understand COS supports a meritocraty.

I assume you meant to write "meritocracy".

If so, then the Satanic perspective is well summarized in the first Point of Pentagonal Revisionism: A Five-Point Program, Stratification.

#497896 - 12/02/14 01:20 PM Re: Some questions to gain insight [Re: Nemo]
Halkyon Offline

Originally Posted By: Nemo
Quote:
My question is: Is Satanism an "american religion"?

Frankly, Satanism is a "reality religion".

[...]

Satanism is not limited by mere cultural or national borders.

Thank you - I assume I understand.

Originally Posted By: Nemo

Quote:
As far as I understand COS supports a meritocraty.

I assume you meant to write "meritocracy".

If so, then the Satanic perspective is well summarized in the first Point of Pentagonal Revisionism: A Five-Point Program, Stratification.

I indeed meant to write meritocracy and must apologize. In my mother tongue the word is written with a t instead of a c and I missed the difference.

Again I have to thank - the key answer to my question seems to lie in the last sentence of the first point.

Kind regards

Halkyon

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404442 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements