Topic Options
#500256 - 08/07/15 12:43 PM Spamming posts
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Magister,

It seems that the LttD is being bombarded with spam posts from someone. The posts are throughout the forum.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#500257 - 08/07/15 12:44 PM Re: Spamming posts [Re: LordofDarkness]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

The issue is being addressed and I'm deleting them as fast as I can.
Prevention of Virtue

#500267 - 08/07/15 11:11 PM Re: Spamming posts [Re: LKRice]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Thank you, Priestess Rice! smile

All that advertisement gibberish cluttering up the boards was becoming more than annoying!

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#500795 - 08/13/15 09:13 PM Re: Spamming posts [Re: Dax9]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Agreed!

Thank you so much, Priestess!

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#501460 - 08/24/15 02:00 PM Re: Spamming posts [Re: LKRice]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
I'm deleting them as fast as I can.

Priestess, it would help if every registered new account had to be approved by an administrator or a moderator before activated. Several forums, including UBB ones, introduced such a protective measure. That helps to weed out the suspicious looking accounts and undesirable IP addresses.

Another easy solution could be putting the new users on a short test period. The first five, ten (or any other number of) posts would have to be approved by the mods before they could appear on the website. That would discourage not only spammers but also trolls.

Just a thought.

Forum Stats
12759 Members
73 Forums
44014 Topics
405097 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold