Topic Options
#501900 - 10/13/15 05:43 PM The "E" word
Lil Baphomet Offline

Hello! I have a state of dissonance in my head and I've been unable to resolve it. I want to first say that I have completed reading most of LaVey's books as well as The Satanic Scriptures, still my problem exists. I realize this might be a case of "make up your own mind about it", but I would appreciate any feedback.

The E Word is: Egalitarianism. I've noted that Dr LaVey's feelings about it are spelled out extremely clearly. Yet I wonder what would be said considering new data and trends. Times do change.

It has been proven that providing basic essentials to the lowest rung of society costs much less than leaving it to flap in the breeze (Example). Also, in terms of Meritocracy, which I advocate, I ask how can a child born to the lowest of the low realize all of their potential? Poverty cripples their ability and development, effectively stacking the deck against them (Source). To me, it seems, that a completely non-Egalitarian society would deeply wound the building of a Meritocracy.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,
Lil Baphomet

#501901 - 10/14/15 03:35 AM Re: The "E" word [Re: Lil Baphomet]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
This isn't really a specific question for the Church of Satan. And since we do not claim to have political solutions for society, there isn't really an official line. As you already allude to; there will be a plethora of varying opinions amongst our membership.

This is a hugely interesting topic of discussion though, and you might have been better throwing it out for discussion in the general forum.

#501902 - 10/14/15 04:27 AM Re: The "E" word [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Lil Baphomet Offline

Apologies. I was a bit concerned about asking such a direct question and thinking I should take care where I got my answers. Perhaps I will repost in General in the future. Thanks.

#501903 - 10/14/15 04:36 AM Re: The "E" word [Re: Lil Baphomet]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: Lil Baphomet
I was a bit concerned about asking such a direct question and thinking I should take care where I got my answers.

Such is true of all areas of life. crossbones grin crossbones

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44448 Topics
407329 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold