Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#502299 - 02/04/16 10:57 AM Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
When you KNOW who and what you are, you feel no need to prove yourself to anyone.

You just know.

If you are concerned about what others think about you then you are under their control..

This choice decides your slavery or your freedom.

Still feel controlled by the judgments others make of you?

Just stop doing that.

It is only a habit.

Break the habit ...starting NOW!

You do not need to judge yourself and you do not need to accept the judgments others make of you either.

You are not what you do. You are not your actions.

Always feel free to judge what you do.

That allows you to improve what you are doing.

That just makes sense. It serves you. It's useful.

But it is pointless and self-defeating to hang a price tag on yourself because of anything you will do, are doing now, or have done in the past.

You DO your actions.

But you ARE yourself.

You can CHANGE your actions but what you ARE is unchangeable and perfect.

As the God of your world you are already beyond self esteem.

It is what you already ARE ...if you accept it.

So accept it.

Starting NOW.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My 9sense audio interview on GREATER MAGIC

#502300 - 02/04/16 12:06 PM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: Nemo]
LowKey Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
I've often pondered why humans are the only members of the animal kingdom that seem to care about the opinions that others hold of them. In a situation where you might need another's help or support, it's understandable, but not in general.

#502304 - 02/05/16 10:37 AM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: LowKey]
Gouran Offline

Originally Posted By: Mr. E. Mann
I've often pondered why humans are the only members of the animal kingdom that seem to care about the opinions that others hold of them. In a situation where you might need another's help or support, it's understandable, but not in general.

But other highly evolved social animals may have some kind of perception of social status. I'm not convinced that (other) animals can have opinions, but they do have likes and dislikes among their peers and other animals. Our dog typically dislikes black people and furry dogs. It may have something to do with how well she can read their body language. While black people will form an opinion of her, other dogs won't of course - but they do act differently around her, than around accepting dogs. While it does not really amount to them caring about her dislike towards them, it comes close enough - they may try to send out more calming signals to ease off the tension, for instance. If they truly did not care, I guess they would just ignore her.
Same goes for social status. Social animals will compete for status in their social group. This shows, that how the other animals perceive them, do actually matter to them on some (primitive) level.

#502305 - 02/05/16 12:07 PM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: Gouran]
LowKey Offline
CoS Member

That's not exactly what I'm referring to, though; nor do I believe it is what Magister Nemo is getting at. I think he is referring to how others' opinions relate to self-evaluation.

How another person sees me has no effect on my self-esteem. It does, however, have an effect on my actions, inasmuch as I try to act in a way that will bring about the results that I want. If that means considering how others will react to my actions, there is nothing wrong with it.

#502306 - 02/05/16 03:42 PM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: LowKey]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
(Nemo) is referring to how others' opinions relate to self-evaluation.

Exactly so.

Self esteem, self evaluation, self rating - these are all errors in thinking no matter how "popular" they are.

The error is on many levels but at the base it stems from confusing who you are with what you do.

If you suddenly decide to change your job you do not also suddenly become someone else. Therefore to try and evaluation yourself based on any job you do or any action you take is simply lying to yourself.

You can change what you do.

But like it it not, you are NOT what you do.

More succinctly, identity is not utility.

All this blather we hear about "becoming" a better person is nonsense.

You can acquire and improve skills, you can perform well or poorly at any task, you can express yourself to others with clarity or not - but NONE of the things that you DO change what you ARE.

To truly "get this" is the Satanic Enlightenment.

It is tremendously useful and liberating.

It is also alien to the common way of thinking.

That is why I finally created an audio program to lead others step-by-step to understand this freeing perspective: Discovering the Satanic God .

I discovered that it was simply NOT something people usually could grasp in just a few words.

The cultural confusion on this topic runs deep and enslaves most of humanity as a consequence.

The keys to unlock these chains are clear and simple once you understand them.

#502307 - 02/05/16 04:25 PM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: Nemo]
Citizen_Horror Online
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: Nemo
The keys to unlock these chains are clear and simple once you understand them.

Yes, and once you DO grasp the idea, you find that it is a useful tool that can be used over and over again. I've owned Discovering the Satanic God for around two years now, and I'm still finding new ways to apply the content.

The act of self evaluation is a pointless and self-defeating task. Why? Because self evaluation is the act of sitting down and asking yourself "how good am I?" or "How bad am I?".

The error here being that you cannot BE good or bad. No matter what you conclude, it is a false conclusion.

You can, however, evaluate your actions on a good/bad system. If a certain action benefits you personally, then you can conclude it is good. If a certain action is counterproductive, you can conclude it is bad.

Then it's just a matter of doing more of the good actions, and replacing the bad actions with better ones.

This is why it is liberating to divorce yourself from the opinions of others. Caring about the opinions of others regarding you personally is just another way of evaluating yourself.

It is easier (and more productive) to simply realize that some people will like what you do, and some people will dislike what you do.

So you might as well do what you want to do, rather than live according to the externalized standard of someone's opinion. If it works for you and harms no one in the process, who has the right to tell you whether you should keep doing it or not?

Nobody but you! smile

#502308 - 02/05/16 11:43 PM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: Citizen_Horror]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
This is why it is liberating to divorce yourself from the opinions of others. Caring about the opinions of others regarding you personally is just another way of evaluating yourself.

Quote:
So you might as well do what you want to do, rather than live according to the externalized standard of someone's opinion. If it works for you and harms no one in the process, who has the right to tell you whether you should keep doing it or not?

Correct. This goes hand in hand with the sixth Satanic Sin, "Lack of Perspective", as summed up by its last sentence:

Quote:
Don't be swayed by herd constraints -- know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#502310 - 02/07/16 02:57 PM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: Nemo]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
That was a very insightful post. If people understood that they are not their actions or social roles, they wouldn't find it so hard to forgive themselves for their own mistakes and move on. While I agree that one's actions are not the core of the person, what we are is usually manifested through our actions. You can judge an asshole by his assholish behavior.

When it comes to being judged by others, it's easy to say "I don't care" but we all do care to some extent. People generally crave acceptance and fear rejection. And often we need other people's acceptance to reach our goals. Moreover, though other people don't know as much about us as we do, they tend to see us in more objective way. We tend to idealize our self-image. This is why it's sometimes advisable to take criticism into consideration. But again people can be jerks and try to put us down on purpose. Repetitive and harsh criticism can also be an issue of psychological projection.

So I would go about other people's opinions in a democratic way. If most people around you like you, then you're probably cool. It's impossible to please everyone so if a few people dislike you and your actions, then it could be their own issue. However, if nearly everyone finds your company a nuisance, then self-examination could be in order.

Edited by anna (02/07/16 02:59 PM)

#502312 - 02/08/16 05:59 AM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: anna]
Mannyowar Offline

CoS Member

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: anna
While I agree that one's actions are not the core of the person, what we are is usually manifested through our actions. You can judge an asshole by his assholish behavior.

This is the part I am finding it hard to understand. How can one's evaluations of one's actions not have an effect on one's evaluations of oneself? Surely if you are leading a productive life and achieving your goals you are going to feel a lot better about yourself than if you are, say, indulging in self-destructive behavior? I have just ordered Magister Nemo's MP3 program and I'm looking forward to getting a clearer perspective smile

#502313 - 02/08/16 09:11 AM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: Mannyowar]
LowKey Offline
CoS Member

What you are satisfied or unsatisfied with should be your actions - not yourself.

Look at cats, for instance. Do they feel bad and beat themselves up when they make a mistake? No. Does a mistake make them feel like a "bad kitty"? No. But they know what they want and what they want to avoid, so they learn to avoid making the mistake again.

Edited by Mr. E. Mann (02/08/16 09:15 AM)

#502314 - 02/08/16 10:49 AM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: anna]
Citizen_Horror Online
CoS Member

While I agree that one's actions are not the core of the person, what we are is usually manifested through our actions. You can judge an asshole by his assholish behavior.

Let's test that theory.

Let's say there is a person in your life who is an asshole. He IS his actions.

One day his behavior changes completely. You find that his assholish behavior has turned into behavior that you find appealing. You think he's a cool guy now. In short, he is no longer an asshole.

What he IS is manifested through his actions. His actions are different. Therefore, what he IS has changed.

How did this happen? The only possible explanation is that your acquaintance has literally become a different person. With that logic, anything can become anything else. A pool cue can become a car. A desk can become a vase. A street light can become Taylor Swift.

Alternative logic: what we ARE never changes; the self is independent of identity.

Your acquaintance looked at his actions, realized that they were not having the desired effect (i.e., people viewed him as an asshole) and changed his actions so that people would view him in a kinder light.

This logic seems much more rational -- this logic suggests that our actions can impact the world to our favor.

It also becomes practical. Once you divorce yourself from identity, your identity becomes a tool. If you want experience singing on Broadway, you craft the identity of a Broadway singer and then substantiate this identity through your actions. If you want to write a novel, you craft the identity of a writer and then perform the actions a writer would perform. Etc etc.

Separating the self from identity is also liberating. You no longer have to deal with the constraints of being one thing, which necessitates that you are NOT another thing. For example, the Broadway singer who wishes to write a novel but mistakes identity with self finds it impossible write a novel, because a Broadway singer is (by its very definition) NOT a writer.

The individual who separates self from identity, however, is able to do both. S/he simply spends part of the day performing the actions of a Broadway singer, and another part of the day performing the actions of a writer; the self never changes.

However, if nearly everyone finds your company a nuisance, then self-examination could be in order.

I think "action examination" might be a better term. You know as much about your self as you're ever going to know the moment you achieve consciousness, so further self examination is redundant and fruitless. You can change your actions so people find your company appealing without changing your self.

#502315 - 02/08/16 11:28 AM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: anna]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
...what we are is usually manifested through our actions. You can judge an asshole by his assholish behavior.

I respectfully disagree.

What you ARE is simply NOT what you DO.

A table is not a chair ...even if you try to sit on it! grin

Quote:

...but we all do care to some extent.

That is what society has taught you to believe.

Question it and you will discover it is a choice and not a description of reality as it is.

Quote:
We tend to idealize our self-image.

You CANNOT have a "self-image" that isn't a lie to begin with.

You are "imaging" things that you DO. Not what you really ARE.

You cannot be "cool". You can only do "cool" or "un-cool" ACTIONS.

Don't feel bad.

You are surrounded by people who live their lives never questioning these fundamental facts.

As a consequence they remain enslaved to the whims of society.

What I am describing is freedom. A very rare commodity!

#502316 - 02/08/16 11:31 AM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: Mannyowar]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Thank you.

I expect you will be very pleased with the clarifications there.

#502317 - 02/09/16 01:26 PM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: Citizen_Horror]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
Let's say there is a person in your life who is an asshole. He IS his actions.

One day his behavior changes completely. You find that his assholish behavior has turned into behavior that you find appealing. You think he's a cool guy now. In short, he is no longer an asshole.

What he IS is manifested through his actions. His actions are different. Therefore, what he IS has changed.

How did this happen? The only possible explanation is that your acquaintance has literally become a different person. With that logic, anything can become anything else. A pool cue can become a car. A desk can become a vase. A street light can become Taylor Swift.

Alternative logic: what we ARE never changes; the self is independent of identity.

So who or what are we? Is the core of the person, the Self, really unchangeable? Perhaps, it can evolve to reach its full potential?

If the Self doesn't somehow manifest itself through the actions, then I wonder how it can be even known. My father has always had this laissez-faire attitude to life. He has never changed it. It has always shown through his actions. So perhaps what we are determine or, at least, influence what we do? confused

#502318 - 02/09/16 10:16 PM Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem [Re: anna]
Citizen_Horror Online
CoS Member

So who or what are we?

That's a good question. It is impossible to answer.

Why? Because what you are looking for is the thing doing the looking.

Think of it like this: trying to find your Self is like trying to find your eyes. It's impossible to find your eyes because your eyes are the things doing the looking!

The same with the Self. How can you find your Self if your Self is the thing doing the looking?

If the Self doesn't somehow manifest itself through the actions, then I wonder how it can be even known.

Who says it CAN be known? wink

My father has always had this laissez-faire attitude to life. He has never changed it. It has always shown through his actions. So perhaps what we are determine or, at least, influence what we do? confused

Your father chooses to have a laissez-faire attitude to life. He chooses to see the world in a certain way. Like putting on a pair of sunglasses, this is an action.

Similarly, it's not that he's never chosen to change it, it's that he's chosen to keep doing the same thing over and over again. Another action.

All the Self determines is that we are capable of experiencing.

The Self is.
Or it is not.

Once you realize that your Self simply is, you transcend the herd mentality of self constraint.

Once you realize you can BE anything, you become able to DO anything. You have limitless potential.

You truly become a God! smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12713 Members
73 Forums
44172 Topics
406177 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold