Topic Options
#503351 - 08/30/16 08:21 AM Questions about Rituals
Ziege Offline

I am not yet a official member of the CoS, but I do consider myself a Satanist. I have studied both the Satanic Bible, and the Satanic Scriptures, as well as many other articles that the Church has made public. I was raised Lutheran, but I never could let myself believe what they were trying to shove down my throat. I would sit in church and just watch the other people, wondering how they could possible allow themselves to just follow along blindly and accept everything they were being told, and felt immense guilt for not following suit. I've always been a skeptic, in every aspect of my life, from religion, to the true feelings and intentions of those around me. I take nothing at face value. I seek knowledge, and that is harder and harder to find these days. The philosophies taught by the CoS are a breath of fresh air. They are how I was already trying to live my life, but added so much more fire to it that I was, in essence, reborn (for lack of a better phrase).

On to the question (finally)...The only part I have trouble getting a grasp of is the rituals. I know they are optional, and are meant to be more of a personal, therapeutic activity to release pent up emotions and desires, but if you were truly living a Satanic lifestyle, wouldn't those be released in your everyday life? If you want that new job, work hard and make it happen. If you want that sexy neighbor girl, go talk to her. Why the need to play theater and make it all dramatic? (I hope this does not offend anybody. I understand it works for some people, and I completely respect that.)

The other part of the rituals I don't understand is the calling of the names of demons. Like I stated before, I was raised Christian, but have long since disowned the idea of gods/devils, but to me it's like even if you're 99.9% sure the gun is not loaded, it's still not wise to hold it to your head and pull the trigger. Plus, by calling the names of demons, even if it is just for dramatic affect, isn't it still, in a way, giving power to those imaginary deities to which we do not believe?

Sorry for rambling...

Edited by CatHaRsIS (08/30/16 08:48 AM)

#503352 - 08/30/16 07:34 PM Re: Questions about Rituals [Re: Ziege]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#503355 - 08/31/16 06:09 AM Re: Questions about Rituals [Re: Nemo]
Ziege Offline

Thank you for your response Magister Nemo. I read the article you sent me. I guess it's one of those "don't knock it until you try it" type of things. I must admit, I am curious. My main obstacle will be allowing myself to be in the experience 100%. As much as I would want it to work, I know in the back of my mind I'll be thinking "what the hell are you doing". I am determined to be the best I can be, so I will give it my all.

#503357 - 08/31/16 02:33 PM The problem. [Re: Ziege]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Here is the real problem.

And I have seen this pattern happen over and over again through the years.

Before the Renaissance Enlightenment the civilized world as a whole held faith-based religion to be their God.

Then with the Enlightenment the civilized world came to hold experiment-based science to be their God.

The answer to the problem with both of these simplistic choices which Satanism overcomes is to reject ANYTHING external to ourselves to be our God.

In other words, the assumptions of religion and science have often been demonstrated to be either wrong or incomplete over time.

To assume any such external authority's opinion will be permanently correct THIS TIME is to indulge in a faith-based belief.

Satanism is HIGHLY pragmatic.

We are not involved with a declaration of "truth".

We are entirely involved with discovering and applying what is USEFUL.

This leaves us FREE OF THE FEAR OF BEING "WRONG"! grin

When what we have already assumed is demonstrated to be incorrect, we simply take that into account and push on with applyIng "what works" EVEN IF WE CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY IT WORKS.

Working with magic has been USEFUL to many Satanists.

We do not claim that it is TRUE.

We do know that for many of us it WORKS.

Further many of us have learned that it is not productive to argue with those who disagree with what we have discovered is practically useful for ourselves.

So to the degree you might be defending a view of certainty (that may in time be also proven incorrect if history offers us any guidance on such things) you might take that into consideration.

A disbelief in something is still just another belief - a belief that something is NOT true.

If you can drop the need to seek or defend "truth" in favor of doing what might be practically useful then you will be able to drop the disbelief in ritual (or anywhere else for that matter) that will almost certainly block any truly useful results.

But be clear to yourself that when you are questioning "what the hell are you doing" if trying to do ritual then you are coming from a defensive perspective and trying to protect Newton and his kin or, worse, trying to not feel embarrassed about what others might think of you for daring to test something that seems "unscientific".

I created a complete audio program Discovering the Satanic God to help guide Satanists away from this conundrum of making something external your God. I found that it simply takes more than 40 minutes to explain this clearly.

It may be necessary to create a follow up audio program to elaborate on magical ritual specifically but if you really "get it" then the current program should do the trick.

Good luck!
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#503361 - 08/31/16 08:19 PM Re: The problem. [Re: Nemo]
Ziege Offline

The time you have taken to write this well written response is very much appreciated, and has opened my mind to a whole new way of seeing things.

I have never thought about science as being a sort of religion, but you are absolutely right. If we took all science as fact, as many view religion as fact, there would be no more need for intellect, initiating the de-evolution of our species. We would all follow the piper to our deaths.

By looking past what is "fact" or "false"..."good" or "evil"..."right" or "wrong"...the universe is opened, for us to choose based on what works for us on an individual level. If one person loves olives, and the other hates them, does that make them good or bad? There is no real answer, same with pretty much everything else, all that matters is what works for us, which you'll never know if you don't first try with an open mind.

Thank you again, you have been extremely insightful. I will most definitely listen to your audio program once I am able to set aside the time to sit down and really focus on them.

Edited by CatHaRsIS (08/31/16 08:36 PM)

#503580 - 10/21/16 02:46 PM Re: Questions about Rituals [Re: Ziege]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I realize this thread a few months old, but since these sorts of questions come up time and time again, consider this 90 minute discussion on Greater Magic, which addresses many misconceptions.

Originally Posted By: Ziege
but if you were truly living a Satanic lifestyle, wouldn't those be released in your everyday life? [...] Why the need to play theater and make it all dramatic?

This is rather like asking, "Why should we have a graduation ceremony with caps and gowns? Can't they just send students their diplomas in the mail?", or "Why did that new store commemorate its opening with the cutting of a ribbon? Shouldn't they be focusing on real business instead?" Likewise, it's stupid to assume that a Satanist's performance of ritual is being done as a replacement for real-life work, or that we should just throw away the concept. As we see from the examples I gave and countless others throughout all different centuries and cultures, humans like ritualistic expression. It also facilitates the step of setting a vision and determination for ones goal. Listen to the discussion in the clip.

Quote:
The other part of the rituals I don't understand is the calling of the names of demons. Like I stated before, I was raised Christian, but have long since disowned the idea of gods/devils, but to me it's like even if you're 99.9% sure the gun is not loaded, it's still not wise to hold it to your head and pull the trigger.

It sounds like you're still carrying irrational guilt and superstition from your upbringing then, for emotional reasons. This is probably why you have such an approach-avoidance to the ritual chamber in general. Maybe you should "revel in your guilt" as TSB suggests, and jump into ritual.

Quote:
Plus, by calling the names of demons, even if it is just for dramatic affect, isn't it still, in a way, giving power to those imaginary deities to which we do not believe?

Since these names from mythology are ultimately the creation of the human mind, representing various Satanic principles, then the only thing you're giving power to is yourself. The only people who'd believe otherwise are irrational theists who can't grasp the concept of symbolism.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#504455 - 05/17/17 07:17 AM Re: Questions about Rituals [Re: Nemo]
Fallen88 Offline

Loc: USA
Thank you for the link you shared Magister Nemo. As a beginner in the CoS, I found it very useful.

Fallen88.

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44437 Topics
407318 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold