Topic Options
#503820 - 12/10/16 05:16 PM A Question about Satanism.
Wecx Offline

I have been trying to broaden my understand of Satanism.

I have come to an understand that Satanism is a belief of disbelief.

That knowledge cannot be known to be objectively true or false.

If my understanding is correct, is there any objective truth in Satanism?

I am assuming the Satanic Commandments are objective truths, for example, not to harm children, etc.

But other than the commandments, is anything objectively true in Satanism or is everything open to disbelief or doubt.

Thank you for your time.

#503827 - 12/11/16 03:47 PM Re: A Question about Satanism. [Re: Wecx]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Substitute the words "useful assumptions" for blurry word "truth" and you will start to get with the program. grin

And a "disbelief" is only a belief that something is not true.

Our religion in based on DOUBT not disbelief.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#503843 - 12/12/16 02:01 PM Re: A Question about Satanism. [Re: Nemo]
Wecx Offline

So, it is useful to assume that Germ Theory is true, but there could be doubt to the reasons why it works?

Something along those lines?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Wecx (12/12/16 02:04 PM)

#503891 - 12/29/16 07:07 AM Re: A Question about Satanism. [Re: Wecx]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Wecx
I have come to an understand that Satanism is a belief of disbelief.

That knowledge cannot be known to be objectively true or false.

Where did you hear that?

Quote:
If my understanding is correct, is there any objective truth in Satanism?

Sure.

Quote:
I am assuming the Satanic Commandments are objective truths, for example, not to harm children, etc.

We don't have any "Commandments". It sounds like you're mixing up the 9 Satanic Statements with the 11 Rules of the Earth. The rules are a code of behavior, not statements of "objective truths".

Quote:
But other than the commandments [sic], is anything objectively true in Satanism or is everything open to disbelief or doubt.

If you're asking whether you can accept or reject whichever parts you want from Satanism and still call yourself a Satanist, the answer is no.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#503892 - 12/29/16 07:18 AM Re: A Question about Satanism. [Re: Wecx]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Wecx
So, it is useful to assume that Germ Theory is true, but there could be doubt to the reasons why it works?

Sounds like you're now talking about science, and in fact that's how science operates. Science doesn't work on whether or not something is "objectively true", one of the reasons being that people can always dream up some crazy elaborate alternative explanation to some observed phenomenon, maybe something that can't seemingly be disproved. Instead, science bases theories (which aren't the same as hypotheses, but rather models explaining the empirical data) on what withstands the scrutiny of the scientific method. So sure, we operate on the assumption that Germ Theory, Gravitational Theory, Atomic Theory, etc. accurately model what goes on in the real world.

Is your question whether Satanists view Satanism in a similar way? I suppose so. For example, Satanism views humans as animals. I'll go so far as to say that this is an established scientific fact. Even if it turns out that humans aren't animals, and say the Christian creationists are correct that humans were created out of magic by a deity who blew into dirt, or for that matter that the Raelians are correct in their unfounded and ridiculous notion that we're some sort of genetically engineered species sharing no common ancestry with primates, it still wouldn't change the established usefulness of viewing humans as animals and the validity of Satanism for Satanists.

You're not one of those annoying compulsive debater types who visits forums on different religions and tries looking for loopholes, are you? Just checking.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44448 Topics
407329 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold