Topic Options
#503913 - 01/04/17 01:56 PM Help Me Find the Right Place
esotericexplorer Offline

I'm not exactly a 'Satanist' per se, but my philosophy and spiritual beliefs are more 'Esoteric'. When I use that term, I feel I need to define what is meant, as it is used so loosely anymore in the vernacular. I see the distinction of 'Occult' and 'Esoteric' as follows: the Occult deals in 'magick' and ritual, invocation and evocation of spiritual beings for help in one's own chosen path. An Esoteric spirituality is not so much the practice of the Occult as the learning of the Occult from a distance for help understanding oneself (IE Know Thyself would be the core tenet of this spirituality).

The reason I registered here is because I identify as someone interested in something similar to your Church's beliefs, but would fall in a camp closer to Paganism, as in, seeing the spiritual in the natural world (stars, the Sun, Moon, planets, etc.), but see no like-minded communities that seem to synthesize Neo-Platonic and Gnostic mysteries into a Pagan Nature spirituality, lifting the veil of the natural world as the 'Fool' in the tarot deck to see the spiritual inner workings of what we deem 'nature'.

I figured with your interest in the Occult, surely you have brushed by other forums or communities, of even church-type affiliations that would be better suited for my inquiries and interests. If this proves to be false, I apologize for wasting your time, I just haven't seen anywhere else to turn in all of my piecing together the history of the Mysteries.

My Kindest Regards,
Esoteric Explorer

Edited by esotericexplorer (01/04/17 01:57 PM)

#503915 - 01/04/17 05:35 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: LowKey]
esotericexplorer Offline

Spirituality is that state one reaches when they see the essence of Divinity in the free expression of what makes humanity human. It is the state you reach when your attention is drawn invariably to something deeper than mere physical senses can perceive.

These things can happen in anything and varies from person to person. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but it usually is in music, culture, environment, and other *creative* avenues, for being creative, and thinking creatively is what makes us closest to the Creator, no explanation necessary for why that is. It's ideas and speculation of things beyond our comprehension. But invariably it relies on focus on what is beautiful and natural. This is why sex is sacred. It is the union of two divine hearts in a natural act that brings intimacy and personal meaning of what the force and energy binding us is, but unable to express simply. It's *experienced*, not verbal doctrine.

Edited by esotericexplorer (01/04/17 05:35 PM)

#503917 - 01/04/17 08:15 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: esotericexplorer]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I am only guessing but you sound like what you are looking for is not when we do here.

I may be wrong since you use many words that could mean many different things depending on the context.

Perhaps you'll get farther by simply stating what you really want to do, rather than what you want to know?

I will add that what we do here is generally very pragmatic and down to earth.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#503918 - 01/04/17 09:17 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: Nemo]
esotericexplorer Offline

Be able to find a group of people that share my concern for the oldest spirituality humanity had - Paganism, and understands that the symbolism of the mysteries were built on a Pagan spirituality. There's an old prophecy that the Phoenix of Paganism will return, and I want to find a group that wants to work at lifting the veil of ignorance that has engulfed our culture of our own historical reverence of the Earth and the nature spirits that dwell here.

#503919 - 01/05/17 01:30 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: esotericexplorer]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
Be able to find a group of people that...

You still have not explained why you want to do that.

What exactly are you wanting to accomplish by doing so?

Please cut past the verbiage and get to the meat.

What exactly do YOU want and WHY?

#503931 - 01/07/17 02:42 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: Nemo]
esotericexplorer Offline

To allow freedom, toleration, and acceptance of all solitary spiritual practices, particularly those that are nature-based. I mean to allow freedom in this society to have protection to practice psychedelic shamanism and learning from plant-teachers. Don't immediately assume I am condoning illegal drug use, as that is detrimental to *your spirituality, but I want to find a forum or community that isn't afraid to openly criticize a culture that doesn't protect my, and other pagan's spiritual practices. We have no other land to flee to to protect these practices, and it puts us in a disadvantaged position while searching for jobs, leaving us living in a constant fear that our *faith will get us improsoned, and destroying our relationships with families all because I cannot legally be taught by the nature spirits of these plants, while my faith has these as fundamental sacraments for communication with the Earth.

#503934 - 01/08/17 01:32 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: esotericexplorer]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

You are still describing WHAT but not WHY.

Reminds me of the guy who said he wanted a million dollars. After incredible probing he finally explained that what he REALLY wanted was RELIEF from his anxiety about paying his bills.

Does this makes better sense now?

WHY do you want to do all these things you have described?

If you can get to the real REASONS you might discover the WHATS you have listed are NOT what you really want at all and were all dead-end detours.

Too many people follow platitudes and ideas that they were told they SHOULD want to do.

That leads nowhere for them.

If you don't really know where you want to actually go you are unlikely to get there.

Dig deeper.

#503937 - 01/08/17 04:39 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: Nemo]
esotericexplorer Offline

The reason why is to be able to get a group that would be willing to stop hiding in the shadows about our beliefs, but to come to mainstream limelight about the way in which current scheduling of non-addictive sacred plants infringes upon the practice of many 'Pagans', 'New Age', 'Wiccans', etc. right to religious freedom and seperation of church and state. I'm not afraid to speak out in front of anyone, but I can't get the people that matter listening, whether sympathetic or antipathetic. Like-minded individuals grow the cause by word of mouth and disregarding social taboo in conversation, while someone that opposes it from 'on high' could allow me my time to at least alert them my concerns, and maybe make it further.

The Internet hardly has a place to post where your voice is truly seen: social media regulates your voice only to a handful of family members and a few aquaintences, YouTube is hardly viable as it will be lumped into the low-view crazies category, and so on and so forth. The real change comes when you can speak freely and at ease with people in mainstream society by proliferation of acceptance of these people as inherently just as important in having a voice as a minority as the majority.

#503945 - 01/09/17 12:24 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: esotericexplorer]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Again you are still telling me only WHAT you think you want and not WHY you really want it.

What exactly causes YOU to want these changes in politics, social groups, legalities, etc.?

You are not a group.

You are not a cause.

WHY do YOU want all these things to happen or change?

You are only repeating slogans at this point.

Do you actually know why YOU want this stuff?

So far this question may be the most important you have encountered since you so far do not seem to know the answer.

Become conscious of the answer and you may not have to "change the world" to get what you REALLY want.

C'mon.

You know this is important.

Now dig deep and answer the question.

You will be glad you did!

#503946 - 01/09/17 02:06 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: Nemo]
esotericexplorer Offline

I want it because I know I'm not free, and I want others to know that their perception of what freedom is manipulated by those attempting to use us in business and government. It's telling the populace how those with power abuse it for their personal gain and holding them accountable to a populace with knowledge (which is power).

Edited by esotericexplorer (01/09/17 02:07 PM)

#503947 - 01/09/17 03:29 PM Re: Help Me Find the Right Place [Re: esotericexplorer]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
I want it because I know I'm not free, and I want others to know that their perception of what freedom is manipulated by those attempting to use us in business and government.

Closer.

But what is "it"?

WHY do YOU think you want "it"?

What's in it for you that you can experience?

And WHY do you think you want others to know these other ideas?

If you "freed" the whole rest of the world but YOU remained "enslaved" how would that help YOU?

Dig deeper.

I will also give you a clue.

You need to stop trying to fix the rest of the world and discover what you need to fix your OWN world.

If everyone really did that the whole world would be "fixed".

If YOU don't identify exactly what you really want it will NOT matter to you if the rest of the world is okay but YOUR life isn't.

I would suggest ditching the martyrdom gig. Martyrs are not around to enjoy anything they martyred for. grin

Charity begins at home.

Again, WHY do YOU want to be "free"?

Discover that and you are in for an amazing and liberating surprise.

Dig deeper.

That's where the gold is.

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44448 Topics
407329 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold