Topic Options
#503916 - 01/04/17 07:19 PM Magister Johnson's Satanic Warlock
doktorzee Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Maryland, US
Magister Dr. Robert Johnson and those who supported and assisted him (Magistra Ruth, many others) have delivered a great book! I feel that I identify with the Devilish Gentleman, but with aspects of the Black Musician, since I used to and like the idea of long hair, and the Occultist since I am a huge H. R. Giger & LaVey fan. The book contains great material for Warlocks in all stages and is a must read!

Just for fun & kicks, and to see who still haunts this place, I added a poll. It's just for fun.
Your Warlock Archetype?
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/04/17 07:15 PM
View the results of this poll.

"...in any quest for magic, in any search for sorcery, witchery, legerdemain, first check the human heart. For inside this deep place, there's a wizardry thats worth far more than a few pieces of gold." -- Rod Serling, "Twilight Zone" #48, 1961

#503921 - 01/06/17 05:37 AM Re: Magister Johnson's Satanic Warlock [Re: doktorzee]
Mannyowar Offline

CoS Member

Loc: London, England
I went for a mix of the Black Musician and Everyman, with the caveat that I haven't read the book yet but I'm guessing those will be the most applicable categories. Time to order my copy!

#503924 - 01/06/17 09:35 PM Re: Magister Johnson's Satanic Warlock [Re: doktorzee]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

Visually (and musically) I'm 100% the Black Metal Warlock. In terms of skills, I'm 100% the Everyman. Being a maintenance lead for apartments will do that to a person. Personality wise, which is where the real magic happens, it's mainly between the two aforementioned, plus an element or two of all the others aside from the romantic rake.

Aside from where I fall on that spectrum, the book is phenomenal. I purchased one of the limited 666 special editions and the physical quality was more then anything I could have ever hoped for. Hard cover, leather bound, gold page edges and a gilded Sigil of Baphomet on the cover. But that pales in comparison to the content within. I was somewhat expecting, and would have had no objections to it being, a heavy reworking of The Satanic Witch worded for males. But I was wrong. The Satanic Warlock stands immensely strong all on it's own. Just thinking about the amount of time, research, interviewing and effort that went into writing this book simultaneously inspires and exhausts me. An absolutely essential book for any Satanist. It will help men figure out what women look for in a potential mate, things to do and not do, and practical advice that can be applied unilaterally to be a better Satanist. And it will show women that, no matter how easy you think it is to manipulate a man, it's even easier then that, and that females really are the dominant sex.

#503927 - 01/07/17 09:53 AM Re: Magister Johnson's Satanic Warlock [Re: Mannyowar]
doktorzee Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Maryland, US
Absolutely, there's wisdom in there for everyone.

"...in any quest for magic, in any search for sorcery, witchery, legerdemain, first check the human heart. For inside this deep place, there's a wizardry thats worth far more than a few pieces of gold." -- Rod Serling, "Twilight Zone" #48, 1961

#503928 - 01/07/17 12:40 PM Re: Magister Johnson's Satanic Warlock [Re: Mannyowar]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

Yes. I've waited too long to order. I plan on placing my order either today or tomorrow. I don't think we're able to get signed copies anymore.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#504092 - 02/07/17 11:45 PM Re: Magister Johnson's Satanic Warlock [Re: doktorzee]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#504094 - 02/09/17 07:34 AM Re: Magister Johnson's Satanic Warlock [Re: doktorzee]
Robert K Stock Offline
CoS Member

Loc: El Reno, Oklahoma
I have tried to model myself after Frank Sinatra and Humphrey Bogart long before I discovered the Satanic Bible. Good to know I was on the right track as a Devilish Gentleman.

I cannot praise Magister Doctor Johnsons' work the Satanic Warlock highly enough. What comes to mind are the last lines of a 40 year-old television ad I remember for L. Ron Hubbards' book Dianetics that sums up my feeling for the Satanic Warlock, "BUY IT! READ IT! USE IT!"

#504104 - 02/24/17 03:27 AM Re: Magister Johnson's Satanic Warlock [Re: doktorzee]
Symbiote Offline

CoS Member

Mostly intellectual with a bit of Everyman.

My dream would be the gentleman but I feel it's no authentic to fit me. Maybe once in a while.

#504105 - 02/24/17 03:28 AM Re: Magister Johnson's Satanic Warlock [Re: Waya]
Symbiote Offline

CoS Member

I was told secondhand he has at events but don't quote me on that.

I ordered a signed one way back last April bug worth the wait.

Moderator:  Quaark 

Forum Stats
13165 Members
73 Forums
44444 Topics
407322 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold