Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#504731 - 08/01/17 04:57 PM Re: Why did official membership appeal to you? [Re: Dannie]
Skulls7 Offline

Loc: Idaho Falls, Idaho
For me, since I have not yet fully joined but plan on doing so, it's more of a commitment to myself to join and follow the 9 tenets and everything else outlined in the Satanic Bible. I've ran into a lot of hardships in my life, attempted suicide, self harm, addiction, all of which are against the teachings of LaVeyan Satanism. So since I'm already an atheist becoming a LaVeyan Satanist isn't a huge jump since I already have a lot of the same beliefs but will give me tenets and rules to follow so I can change my lifestyle for the better.

Hail Satan!

#504732 - 08/01/17 06:07 PM Re: Why did official membership appeal to you? [Re: Skulls7]
LowKey Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
FYI: We in The Church of Satan don't use the term "LaVeyan Satanist" because we don't agree with the concept of denominational Satanism. Anton LaVey was the first to codify Satanism as a coherent philosophy and religion, so his creation is the only one that can rightfully be called Satanism. Any other so-called Satanism simply isn't.

Edited by LowKey (08/01/17 06:08 PM)

#504826 - 08/24/17 08:36 AM Re: Why did official membership appeal to you? [Re: Dannie]
Darkish Offline

I grew up in a strong Catholic environment. I went to Catholic elementary and high school. I hated religion being forced into me. I was just Atheist for a while because I knew there was no supernatural beings or anything like that. I like metal music and heard that some of the musicians were satanists. Satanism always interested me. I looked into it and agreed with the Satanist mindset. I practiced rituals and read some Satanist literature in secret during high school. When I became 18, I became an official member. I became an official member because the Church of Satan means a lot to me.

#504830 - 08/25/17 05:39 PM Re: Why did official membership appeal to you? [Re: Skulls7]
Baron Karza Offline

Loc: 39.1031� N, 84.5120� W
So since I'm already an atheist

Being an atheist is quite alright. Why can't you just be that?

becoming a LaVeyan Satanist isn't a huge jump

Oh really? Being a "LaVeyan Satanist" IS NOT a huge jump? What do you really KNOW about being a SATANIST? You obviously don't even understand the basic terminology why should you understand the actual application?

since I already have a lot of the same beliefs

"Belief" is not a part of Satanic Philosophy. If you really were a Satanist, you would already know that.

but will give me tenets and rules to follow so I can change my lifestyle for the better.

You need a set of "rules" to guide you through life? Did Satan need a set of rules to guide HIM through life? Or did he create his own?

Have you even read the books? I would recommend that you do...and perhaps read them two or three or four times until they REALLY SINK IN.

I am constantly amazed and horrified at the general population's IGNORANCE of Satanism.

THE FIRST STEP TO BEING A SATANIST: Look in the fucking mirror and be COMPLETELY HONEST with yourself.
1- WHAT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW?
2- WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE?
3- HOW CAN YOU BECOME WHAT YOU WANT TO BE?

The answer should be fucking obvious if you REALLY ARE a Satanist.

You have to take the reigns of your own life and make it into what you really want! Maybe "what you really want" isn't even Satanic!

Satanism is not here to TEACH you how to be happy with yourself ... you have to figure that out for yourself.

However...if you want to join a club, may I suggest "The Grand Infernal Army of Satan"? You get to go to wherever Baron Karza tells you to go and you get to do whatever Baron Karza tells you to do! I swear you'll find eternal bliss doing whatever I tell you to do! And, of course, SATAN will smile upon you and grant you whatever you want!

"You create your own. If you can't figure that one out, you're not much of a magician."

- Anton Szandor LaVey

#504831 - 08/25/17 06:29 PM A reminder. [Re: Skulls7]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Please remember that the views of others expressed here do not necessarily reflect Satanism.

If you have questions about this religion and want authoritative answers from qualified members of the Church please use the Questions forum on this message board.

That said, I applaud your efforts to better understand Satanism. The founder of our church was quite clear in explaining that Satanism requires study.

You are not your behaviors, past, present, or future.

Identity is not utility.

But we can all learn from our past experiences to make better choices in the future.

Your future is a blank slate as yet unwritten.

Your choices make all the difference.

Happy studies to you!
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#504832 - 08/25/17 06:58 PM Re: Why did official membership appeal to you? [Re: Dannie]
Baron Karza Offline

Loc: 39.1031� N, 84.5120� W
May I ask people to share why they decided to join the CoS? You were already living the lifestyle. What prompted you to go the next step, do the paperwork, and be an official member?

Because some of us believe in putting our money where our mouth is.
We don't need an organization to help us define ourselves, but we are smart enough to recognize an organization that DOES define ourselves, and we feel it is not a big deal to show that loyalty.

Did you need or appreciate the structure? Did it help you feel validated or less lonely in your personal choices? Is it simply nice to know that you belong somewhere, and with like-minded people?

To a Satanist, those questions are extremely insulting. WE DON'T NEED TO BELONG! If you want to belong to something, go join a cult. Satanism is an organization for non-joiners. Did you even read anything by Anton LaVey? or are you some jack-ass who thinks he knows all about Satanism because the Christians told you so?

Through time and consideration, I have accepted that I align with the lifestyle and personal opinions the CoS maintains. But as it does seem to be more of a lifestyle than anything else, Im not sure why I should go through with the effort of officially joining.

Then don't. We do not need you. (But ask yourself: Do You need us? Why else would you post on our website?)

I am going to live this lifestyle whether or not I officially belong to a group. So I would like to ask what is has done for you. What made you decide to go from living this way to officially aligning this way?

You obviously don't get it - so go live your life the way you see fit and call it whatever you want.

Thank you for reading and maybe sharing with me. This is my first post, so I apologize if this has been addressed. There is a lot of material to go through and I suppose I was hoping for a personal touch. At the mods, I'm sorry if I have made a repetitive post. Thanks again.

You admit that you are too lazy to actually read the "lot of material to go through". You want an easy answer? Here it is: YOU ARE NOT A SATANIST. Now go live your life the best way you know how, and stop bugging us.

"You create your own. If you can't figure that one out, you're not much of a magician."

- Anton Szandor LaVey

#504834 - 08/26/17 06:18 AM Re: Why did official membership appeal to you? [Re: Baron Karza]
Citizen_Horror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: Baron Karza
May I ask people to share why they decided to join the CoS? You were already living the lifestyle. What prompted you to go the next step, do the paperwork, and be an official member?

Because some of us believe in putting our money where our mouth is.
We don't need an organization to help us define ourselves, but we are smart enough to recognize an organization that DOES define ourselves, and we feel it is not a big deal to show that loyalty.

Did you need or appreciate the structure? Did it help you feel validated or less lonely in your personal choices? Is it simply nice to know that you belong somewhere, and with like-minded people?

To a Satanist, those questions are extremely insulting. WE DON'T NEED TO BELONG! If you want to belong to something, go join a cult. Satanism is an organization for non-joiners. Did you even read anything by Anton LaVey? or are you some jack-ass who thinks he knows all about Satanism because the Christians told you so?

Through time and consideration, I have accepted that I align with the lifestyle and personal opinions the CoS maintains. But as it does seem to be more of a lifestyle than anything else, Im not sure why I should go through with the effort of officially joining.

Then don't. We do not need you. (But ask yourself: Do You need us? Why else would you post on our website?)

I am going to live this lifestyle whether or not I officially belong to a group. So I would like to ask what is has done for you. What made you decide to go from living this way to officially aligning this way?

You obviously don't get it - so go live your life the way you see fit and call it whatever you want.

Thank you for reading and maybe sharing with me. This is my first post, so I apologize if this has been addressed. There is a lot of material to go through and I suppose I was hoping for a personal touch. At the mods, I'm sorry if I have made a repetitive post. Thanks again.

You admit that you are too lazy to actually read the "lot of material to go through". You want an easy answer? Here it is: YOU ARE NOT A SATANIST. Now go live your life the best way you know how, and stop bugging us.

As a general FYI to any who might be reading, Baron Karza's (incredibly rude) responses don't represent LttD or the CoS in any official capacity.

#504838 - 08/27/17 09:06 PM Re: Why did official membership appeal to you? [Re: Dannie]
VinterWulf Offline

Loc: The Frozen Tundra of the Arcti...
Thank you for asking, I love to talk about myself!

I was a self-proclaimed Satanist for many years before I ever decided to get the "Red card".

I am not entirely sure when I decided: MONEY SUPPORTS MY INTERESTS.

But, I was willing to offer my services to the COS: lol, unfortunately my skills weren't in demand at the time!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44454 Topics
407335 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold