Topic Options
#504491 - 06/05/17 04:22 PM Who do we believe in?
Fallen88 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey everyone,

So I'm still new to Satanism. I've read the many txts referred to me: Satanic bible, Satanic rituals, and Satanic witch. I think I've read 4, but I'm having a brain fart in regards to the title of the book. The one question I find myself asking is, if we don't believe in Satan, demons etc....what do we believe in? When we perform works of greater/lesser magic, who do we believe makes them happen? I'm having a little trouble putting that together. We don't believe in Satan, but say, "Hail Satan". Is that just a way to show rebellion to the other established religions? I'm begining to get used to the idea of Satanism, and find myself using some of our rules i.e don't give advice to someone unless they asked etc (I was terrible about that previously) I'm comfortable saying hail Satan, but I find myself kinda lost between atheist Satanism, which is what Dr. Lavey is all about, and Satanism that believe in Satan as a diety. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanx in advance.

Hail Satan 👿

#504492 - 06/06/17 10:44 AM Re: Who do we believe in? [Re: Fallen88]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I think you will find your answers in this short series of questions and answers:

http://www.churchofsatan.com/faq-fundamental-beliefs.php

Quote:
Satan to us is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. We do not believe in Satan as a being or person.

The short answer is (in my opinion) that:

This is an engineering religion based on doing what works and not a faith-based religion based on beliefs.

3. We do not pretend therefore to KNOW everything but we are willing to USE what works to attend to better dealing with our OWN world.

"Satan" is a symbol as explained in the link I have offered.

"Satan' is NOT an entity any more than is Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

If you wish to better grasp how the fictitious figure of Satan came to first be created I would suggest Elain Pagel's excellent book The Origin of Satan.

I would further offer that for us "Satan" symbolizes reality as it is (and not as some fantasize it to be).

To say "Hail Satan!" is a condensed summary of what we mean which is to say "Hail Reality!"
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#504493 - 06/06/17 11:43 AM Re: Who do we believe in? [Re: Nemo]
Fallen88 Offline

Loc: USA
Thank you for the clarification Magister Nemo.

#504499 - 06/08/17 04:54 PM Re: Who do we believe in? [Re: Fallen88]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You are most welcome.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#504504 - 06/09/17 09:14 PM Re: Who do we believe in? [Re: Nemo]
Rhythmus Offline

Loc: WA

Questions related to the Church of Satan (membership, website, officials, etc) - Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.

#504505 - 06/09/17 09:42 PM Re: Who do we believe in? [Re: Fallen88]
Nufan Offline

Questions related to the Church of Satan (membership, website, officials, etc) - Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.

#504623 - 07/10/17 03:22 AM Re: Who do we believe in? [Re: Fallen88]
Dallas Offline

Loc: Utah County, Utah, US
In the "General Discussion" section, under the heading "Questions About the Church of Satan" it clearly states:

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44447 Topics
407327 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold