Topic Options
#504546 - 06/24/17 12:08 PM Smelling smoke when there's no fire
Fallen88 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello everyone!

Quick question, has anyone been in a room by themselves, and all of a sudden you smell smoke when your hse isn't burning? I had this experience last night at approximately 2015 hrs. The smoke was strong enough to make me sneeze a few times. I could smell it, but couldn't see it. Does anyone have any experience with this or any input they could offer?

Hail Satan!

#504547 - 06/24/17 03:38 PM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Fallen88]
Citizen_Horror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: Fallen88
Hello everyone!

Quick question, has anyone been in a room by themselves, and all of a sudden you smell smoke when your hse isn't burning? I had this experience last night at approximately 2015 hrs. The smoke was strong enough to make me sneeze a few times. I could smell it, but couldn't see it. Does anyone have any experience with this or any input they could offer?

Hail Satan!

Smoke usually means fire, and if there's no fire, you have every reason to feel uneasy! laugh

Now might be a good time to check your home preparedness, in case there ever is a fire.

For instance, check your smoke detectors to make sure they're in good working order. If the batteries need changing, change them. If you're not sure if they need changing, change them. Check your carbon monoxide detectors, too.

How about your fire extinguisher? If it's expired, you'd do well to replace it.

What does your fire escape plan look like? Are you aware of all exits from your home in case of an emergency? If you live on the upper level of a building, do you have an emergency ladder that you can deploy in case the exits are blocked?

If you have a family, do you have an evacuation plan and meeting point outside?

You might also consider storing important documents in a fireproof safe, along with a USB drive containing whatever files you deem important in your computer. A small safe should do the trick, but storing your documents in ANY fireproof safe is better than leaving them in a drawer/file cabinet where they'll certainly burn.

To keep things easy, imagine that your house is on fire RIGHT NOW. You have 5 minutes to escape your residence. Do you know EXACTLY what to do? Or are you going to lose precious minutes trying to figure out what to do? How much are you going to lose, and how much of that can be saved through proper preparation?

Survival is the highest law.

Preparation NOW means survival LATER. laugh

#504548 - 06/24/17 05:14 PM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Fallen88]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
AFTER you have considered the excellent suggestions for your safety offered by Citizen Horror you might consider whether there is something in your nasal passages you acquired earlier in the day.

The nasal "neti" pot using safe saline solutions offered at most drug stores over the counter might resolve this issue if it continues.

Reminds me of the fellow who would sleep after lunch at the construction site of a new skyscraper.

He had a huge mustache he was quite proud of and some of his friends decided to play a prank by lightly rubbing some Limburger cheese on it.

When he awoke, he sat up, sniffed the air and declared loudly, "SOMETHING STINKS AROUND HERE!'

Then as he went back to work crossing to the outside open elevator, he again sniffed the air and shouted out "THIS WORKPLACE STINKS!"

Finally as he finished riding up many stories in the elevator, he stepped out on the I-beams and could be seen to be sniffing the air again and his loud voice carried down to his co-workers.

THE WHOLE WORLD STINKS!!!

grin

BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#504550 - 06/24/17 05:25 PM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Nemo]
Fallen88 Offline

Oh my goodness that's funny. Thanks for the laugh smile

#504551 - 06/24/17 05:27 PM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Citizen_Horror]
Fallen88 Offline

That seriously got me thinking.

#504552 - 06/25/17 12:52 AM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Fallen88]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Being able to smell burning can be a symptom of a brain tumour.

See your doctor.

#504553 - 06/25/17 02:06 AM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Fallen88 Offline

I'm a nurse. I came across that too when I began looking for the topic in question online. Figured I'm healthy, that couldn't be it but.... maybe I should get checked out.

#504557 - 06/26/17 01:34 AM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Fallen88]
prenna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: QLD, Australia
If it is not a recurring symptom I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Having said that, there is a strong connection between smell and memory. Most of the research has been on the ability of memory to evoke memory. Perhaps the brain can create a non-existent smell as a form of vague memory. In the same way as a face from the past can float into the mind when day dreaming.

It's just a theory but it makes scents to me.

#504558 - 06/26/17 03:54 PM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Fallen88]
Nufan Offline

I am not sure what this has to do with Satanism exactly. I would suggest if you have a medical/psychiatric issue to bring it up with your provider instead of in a forum for your own safety.

#504559 - 06/26/17 05:28 PM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Fallen88]
Hope Offline

Hello who do I need to talk to if I have a problem with a profile please help

#504560 - 06/26/17 05:41 PM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: Hope]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#504561 - 06/26/17 06:32 PM Re: Smelling smoke when there's no fire [Re: prenna]
Fallen88 Offline

Nice to know Prenna. I just recently began practicing Satanism. I was beginning to wonder if i'd done something wrong during a spell.... eek

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44443 Topics
407324 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold