Topic Options
#504723 - 08/01/17 05:44 AM Left and right hand paths
Skulls7 Offline

Loc: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Forgive my ignorance if this topic has been posted before and as I have not fully read through the satanic Bible just yet. I've seen this mentioned on the forums here about left handed and right handed paths, are there different paths in LaVeyan Satanism? If so can someone explain further or link me to something I can read to further understand the subject as I thought there was only one path in LaVeyan Satanism as outlined on the CoS site and in the Satanic Bible.

Thanks,

Hail Satan!

#504724 - 08/01/17 06:37 AM Re: Left and right hand paths [Re: Skulls7]
Robert K Stock Offline
CoS Member

Loc: El Reno, Oklahoma
The Left Hand Path is Satanism. The Right Hand Path are all the spiritual religions, Christianity, Buddhism, etc.

#504725 - 08/01/17 07:08 AM Re: Left and right hand paths [Re: Robert K Stock]
Skulls7 Offline

Ah gotcha thank you for clarifying that for me it makes much more sense now!

Hail Satan!

#504733 - 08/01/17 06:11 PM Re: Left and right hand paths [Re: Skulls7]
LowKey Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
To be sure, Satanism isn't the only Left Hand Path religion, though. There are others who might claim that label as well.

#504735 - 08/02/17 09:52 AM Re: Left and right hand paths [Re: Skulls7]
Citizen_Horror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: Skulls7
LaVeyan Satanism

By the way, the term "LaVeyan Satanism" is redundant.

It's like saying "Christian Christianity" or "Buddhan Buddhism" or "Hubbardian Scientology". If those terms sound redundant, well, so does the term "LaVeyan Satanism". laugh

Anton LaVey codified Satanism.

The glorified political platforms, inverse Christians, and SJWs currently throwing the term "Satanism" around and claiming there are different "types" are little more than coattail riders who think the term Satanism sounds spooky and want to use it in lieu of having anything of value to contribute to the world.

Check out this thread for more information.

#504736 - 08/02/17 11:31 AM Re: Left and right hand paths [Re: Citizen_Horror]
Skulls7 Offline

Ah that thread explained it a lot more and it now makes sense to me thank you guys for pointing it out for me! Satanism is Satanism, period.

Hail Satan!

#504747 - 08/04/17 07:56 AM Re: Left and right hand paths [Re: Citizen_Horror]
Aesalon Offline

Originally Posted By: Citizen_Horror

By the way, the term "LaVeyan Satanism" is redundant.

I was checking wikipedia the other day and it says 'Laveyan Satanism' instead of The Church of Satan or just Satanism. I think this article ought to be modified to clear things for people. The term is just too often thrown around.

Edited by Aesalon (08/04/17 07:56 AM)

#504751 - 08/04/17 04:07 PM Re: "Laveyan Satanism" is redundant [Re: Aesalon]
Citizen_Horror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: Aesalon
I was checking wikipedia the other day and it says 'Laveyan Satanism' instead of The Church of Satan or just Satanism.

Yeah, which is why Wikipedia is an unreliable source of information. Anyone -- from Christians to pseudosatanists -- can edit it and write whatever they want.

If a newbie wants to know about Satanism, it's better to go directly to the source. The Satanic Bible is readily available on Amazon, and it's a hundred times more qualified to talk about Satanism than a Wikipedia article.

Then there's the plethora of literature on the Print Sources page.

And of course, there's always the official FAQ.

Forum Stats
13164 Members
73 Forums
44436 Topics
407314 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold