Topic Options
#504754 - 08/06/17 01:04 AM Lesser magic and how it is applied.
Leon Smith Offline

I normally wear a Sigil of Baphomet when I am in public. My thinking is that people who are close minded and generally abrasive will avoid me and I will not have the displeasure of interacting with them. It may also attract the open minded.

What are some ways you use Lesser Magic? There is the way people speak and behave that has an effect on those around them. What are some of the more discreet ways you handle unsavory situations or use Lesser Magic in general?

#504759 - 08/07/17 09:08 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Leon Smith]
muaddib Offline

Satanism is a religion of study not worship. Studying people by allowing them to be attracted to you creates greater opportunity for an LBM practitioner. I would suppose it would depend on what you are using LBM for, so I guess it is hard for me to adequately answer this question. Sometimes, LBM works if you look like the group or person you are trying to influence and sometimes its better to look like the antithesis of what the person or group looks like, it all depends on what you want to accomplish.

#504760 - 08/07/17 09:11 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: muaddib]
muaddib Offline

I would suggest both the Satanic Witch and/or the book "Influence" by Cialdini, a premier social psychology researcher and professor.

#504761 - 08/07/17 10:56 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: muaddib]
Leon Smith Offline

I have read both The Satanic Witch and The Satanic Warlock. I was just curious as to what other Satanists do in regards to Lesser Magic. Such as my necklace being a standard part of my outfit. There are times when it is appropriate to tuck it in and to wear it proudly, but it is always there.

#504762 - 08/07/17 11:17 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Leon Smith]
JSBlack Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: South Wales
Hello,

The displaying of courteous manners I feel is one of the powerful and sometimes very rewarding faces of 'lesser magic.'

To some it is a natural facet and others may try and make some headway, and yet many just don't seem to manage it… ever.

Such a pity.

#504763 - 08/07/17 02:08 PM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: JSBlack]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Anton LaVey lived this approach.

In every instance (excluding those that required more physical persuasion) he approached people in general with courtesy and sensitivity.

I am reminded again and again that those with authentic power can afford to behave with courtesy.

Those lacking it reveal it through crude bombast.

Lesser Magic works with human nature as it is generally resulting in all parties benefiting.

For the advanced practitioner of Lesser Magic the world is filled with win-win situations involving people.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#504764 - 08/07/17 04:49 PM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: JSBlack]
Leon Smith Offline

That makes sense. It can be hard to progress in some situations without the support of others. Gaining the support of those around you is important to maintain comfort.

#504765 - 08/07/17 11:47 PM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Leon Smith]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
What are some ways you use Lesser Magic?

Have you ever been introduced to Neuro-linguistic Programming? In a nutshell NLP is applied psychological techniques that can be practiced to subtly control others and even one's self. There are numerous books and youtube videos on the subject. Take your pick.

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#504766 - 08/08/17 06:01 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Leon Smith]
Mannyowar Offline

CoS Member

Loc: London, England
One thing I do (pretty much unconsciously these days) is subtly alter my speech patterns and vocabulary according to whom I'm speaking. Do they swear? Do they speak 'Queen's English' or use a lot of slang, or drop 't's at the end of words etc? How fast do they speak? These all affect the tone of voice and choice of words I use. It's all about not alienating the person you are addressing by sounding more high-class (in case they think you are looking down on them) or lower class (in which case they may look down on you and not take you seriously) than they are, or THINK they are.

#504784 - 08/13/17 09:27 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Mannyowar]
Sloth Offline

Loc: Finland
I must commend you on your response. I find it to be a really rare thing for anyone to actually response on the HOW he/she practices lesser magic.

I wonder why this is so. I seem to find more examples of lesser magic on the forums dealing with self defence or some other form of martial arts. And as such, my advice for anyone is: Take a self defence class (Defendo, Krav maga, Senshido) for a year and combine that knowledge with the books that are often recommended. Those classes are a safe place to learn body language and signals people send deliberately or by accident.

My example on the HOW (and not regarding the paragraph above :D)
Few years back I started in a new workplace and one of my coworkers had an issue with me from the start. I really did not know why, but I thought that this needs to be solved. So, time for some lesser magic.

How could I make this person like me or at least find neutral grounds? First, I found out what that person was good at. Then, at first I started subtle flattery. When ever I could say, that the person did a good job, I did so. After a while, I started to ask for help, even though I did not need help. So I asked help in a thing I knew the person was good at and did not let it slip, that I was infact better at it.

Acting like this started to make the road to the persons good sides. And then an opportunity presented it self. I was put in a spot where I could make the person look really bad and that person knew it. I decided to play it so, that the person ended up looking good and after that I was in the persons good book. I had earned the persons respect and could do my job without any of my coworkers being on my opposition.

#504798 - 08/18/17 07:58 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Mannyowar]
Mwanatabu Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Mannyowar
One thing I do (pretty much unconsciously these days) is subtly alter my speech patterns and vocabulary according to whom I'm speaking. Do they swear? Do they speak 'Queen's English' or use a lot of slang, or drop 't's at the end of words etc? How fast do they speak? These all affect the tone of voice and choice of words I use. It's all about not alienating the person you are addressing by sounding more high-class (in case they think you are looking down on them) or lower class (in which case they may look down on you and not take you seriously) than they are, or THINK they are.

Great example! This is called "code switching" and usually is a subconscious process. It is a phenomenon which can be observed in small kids even, especially in bilingual environments. It is the way kids try to play one of their parents in order to obtain some kind of favor. They know which buttons to push from a very early age, even nonverbally before the have mastered speech. Our brains are wired to do this, it's human instinct to the max and one to celebrate.

The fun starts when one chooses to consciously employ it. I never show a hint of my local dialect in anything workrelated, as this is considered inferior to standard Dutch. I've found a neutral unspecific western speech pattern is what gets me most out of such talks. And then I walk out and joke to my coworkers whilst swallowing half my vowels like some Londoners make wordfinal plosives disappear. Same principle and it works indeed.

It also gets hilarious when people get it wrong. I once had a coworker introducing himself to our new ceo as “the guy living with Lucy, his little cat” except he used the other word which rhymes with “Lucy” (this joke fortunately translates wonderfully from Dutch). I guess he was going for “casual and funny”. He got “awkward and pervy”. He also did not get tenure. I did. Barely opened my mouth for it by the way, let alone mention any pets by whichever name. Was wearing very high boots and a contoured long blouse. Lesser Magic; it just works.

#504799 - 08/18/17 08:00 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Sloth]
Mwanatabu Offline

Originally Posted By: Sloth
I must commend you on your response. I find it to be a really rare thing for anyone to actually response on the HOW he/she practices lesser magic.

I wonder why this is so. I seem to find more examples of lesser magic on the forums dealing with self defence or some other form of martial arts. And as such, my advice for anyone is: Take a self defence class (Defendo, Krav maga, Senshido) for a year and combine that knowledge with the books that are often recommended. Those classes are a safe place to learn body language and signals people send deliberately or by accident.

I happen to be starting Krav maga classes in a few weeks. I'm very curious how this will work out. Do you have personal experience with this?

#504821 - 08/22/17 08:44 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Mwanatabu]
Mannyowar Offline

CoS Member

I've been training Krav Maga for nearly 8 years and I can't recommend it enough. Bear in mind that no one has a copyright on the term Krav Maga (it is just Hebrew for "contact combat") so try and join a school affiliated to one of the main Israeli based organizations like KMG or IKMF, there are rogue groups who have no connection to Israel teaching "Krav", I have even heard of some that do instructor training by correspondence course!! My club is affiliated to Krav Maga Global, the KMG instructor course lasts 23 days and instructors have to attend a certain number of update sessions each year - you can't just get your teaching certificate then let your technique and fitness go!

#504822 - 08/22/17 09:00 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Mannyowar]
Mwanatabu Offline

Thanks for the pointer, I checked and mine is IKMF-affiliated.

#504824 - 08/23/17 05:36 AM Re: Lesser magic and how it is applied. [Re: Mwanatabu]
Mannyowar Offline

CoS Member

Excellent, I hope you enjoy your Krav Maga journey as much as I have smile

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44446 Topics
407327 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold