Topic Options
#504806 - 08/19/17 11:18 PM Some things I'm a little fuzzy on.
darkenedsky Offline

Hi, I'm curious, when the Church of Satan calls for stratification, and removing egalitarianism, what groups is it is suggesting aren't equal. From reading more on it, it seems like people with low intelligence, but I just want to make sure, does Satanism at all promote discrimination based on sexuality (though what I've read on the Church of Satan's website says that they are accepting of all sexualities), gender, race, or other characteristics like that? Thank you. My next question is about the 11th Satanic Rule of The Earth, where it says not to bother anyone in public. What would qualify as bothering someone? For example, I would think if I see a friend in public, it would be fine to go up and say hi to them. Another is the 1st Satanic Rule, about not giving advice or opinion unless asked for them. If a friend comes to me with a problem or something bothering them that I think I can help with, should I give advice then? Thank you, and I apologize if it seems like I'm not thinking for myself, I just want to be very clear on what the church stands for before I affiliate myself with Satanism.

#504812 - 08/20/17 05:32 PM Re: Some things I'm a little fuzzy on. [Re: darkenedsky]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
If you want authoritative answers regarding the Church of Satan and Satanism please post your questions in the Questions forum.

This forum you have posted in is open for anyone to reply and offer their opinion however these replies may very well not be the ones you are asking for. wink
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#504813 - 08/20/17 07:11 PM Re: Some things I'm a little fuzzy on. [Re: Nemo]
darkenedsky Offline

Thank you, I will check that out now!

#504819 - 08/22/17 07:35 AM Re: Some things I'm a little fuzzy on. [Re: darkenedsky]
Isobel Gowdie Offline

Satanism appears to stratify based on the ability to create, rather than to consume. Even stupid people can be productive or artistic, and create works that inspire or annoy (as Blanche Barton notes about Anton Szandor LaVey in, I think, “Satan Speaks!”). There is no discrimination based on things such as gender, race or sexual proclivity because they fundamentally don’t matter.

As for your other questions… You practically answer them yourself.

You’re not bothering a friend by going up and saying hello – in most civilised cultures, it’d be considered extremely discourteous to do otherwise. And if someone is telling you their woes, the request for some form of assistance will typically be implied; discriminate with care.

#504835 - 08/26/17 10:25 PM Re: Some things I'm a little fuzzy on. [Re: Isobel Gowdie]
darkenedsky Offline

Thank you for the response! I suppose I did answer my own questions but of course I wanted to be sure. Thanks again for your insight.

#504866 - 08/31/17 01:37 PM Re: Some things I'm a little fuzzy on. [Re: darkenedsky]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
Hi, I'm curious, when the Church of Satan calls for stratification, and removing egalitarianism, what groups is it is suggesting aren't equal.

And what groups or people ARE equal? Equality is a myth sold to you by politicians so that you vote for them. In the real world, and not in the political discourse, it doesn't exist and it never existed. People have never been equal, that's the truth, but the lie is better.

Quote:
My next question is about the 11th Satanic Rule of The Earth, where it says not to bother anyone in public. What would qualify as bothering someone?

The way I see it, it is about pissing people off left and right, a deliberate and unnecessary act of making enemies, which can hit you back later on.

Quote:
Another is the 1st Satanic Rule, about not giving advice or opinion unless asked for them.

Altogether it's rude to offer your advice to someone who is not asking for it. Moreover, you're taking responsibility for any unfortunate outcome that might occur if that person follows your advice, which might turn out to be a not so good advice after all.

Edited by anna (08/31/17 01:38 PM)

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44448 Topics
407329 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold