Topic Options
#505293 - 12/04/17 05:42 PM New to Satanism
Kolaven Offline

Don't know if this is a good reason or not, but I lost my mom to brain cancer about 2 years ago. Ever since then im just been drifting through life, not really caring about anything- I was living with no purpose. I've tried going to church, even looking and reading about other religions, but I haven't found anything for me so far. A friend said that this could fill that hole, i'd like to learn more about this but I don't know where to start. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

#505298 - 12/04/17 11:52 PM Re: New to Satanism [Re: Kolaven]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Just start with reading The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey.

If it's for you, you will know. After that there is a whole swathe of additional literature but there isn't any reason to delve into that until you've read the primary text first.

You can buy the Satanic Bible at almost any good bookshop - usually in the new age section. It isn't rare, don't pay any extortionate prices on the internet. Around 10 or 12 $$ is about it I should think, these days.

Sorry to hear about your mother. It takes quite some time to heal after such a loss -- remember that and don't rush into anything.

#505317 - 12/06/17 03:16 AM Re: New to Satanism [Re: Kolaven]
Isobel Gowdie Offline

To be totally honest, I found the Theory/Practice section of the official website to be hugely helpful when I started, and it doesn't cost you a thin dime.

I recommend you start there.

#505383 - Today at 05:52 AM Re: New to Satanism [Re: Kolaven]
truthsayer Online

Loc: St Petersburg, FL
I too am new to this idea. I did go to the website and read quite a bit there. I too suffered a loss some years ago with the death of my son. It is a much older wound and I wanted to pass on this bit of advice about loss. It isn't going to leave you, you will not be the same person you were before the loss, part of the grieving process is letting that loss integrate and become part of who you are. To do otherwise is to fight your memories of your mother and deny your pain.

I have not explored the Theory and Practice section completely as previously suggested, but I have obtained and read The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey. It captivated me, I saw myself in the pages. Read it, for you have nothing to lose, it is, after all, just a book.

Forum Stats
13160 Members
73 Forums
44433 Topics
407304 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold