Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Can Satanist believe in God? And more questions #506393
07/05/18 05:03 PM
07/05/18 05:03 PM
IndigoViolet11 Offline OP
IndigoViolet11  Offline OP

Yes... I do mean God, or something like a deity, or even the God that many people (at least) claim to feel, and I have met people in church who claim to have priesthood power, or the gift and authority from God or Jesus from mainstream churches, and they used them on me for more than once, twice, and much more when the pastor asked me to visit him anyways when I called him for something.

So now you guys knew where I come from. As a brief background, I started off as a new age sorta or seeker long ago, and after a huge gap, I went back to their ideals and dug deep into it, and later skyrocket in psychic and channeling ability. Recently I had been attending church from a famous pastor who is good at banishing evil spirits, and had been studying bible with them for 2 lessons. The world cup recently interrupted me and soon I found I was searching somewhere else other than christianity. Something happened, something serious, and it shattered me completely just to remember.

Things get serious after this. The reason, is simply unexplainable, as I ran to a serious problem.

1. I am finding another religion to fix my problem but I mean I am the one to do the work (not church to go to), but do I have to discard or undo the believe of God to be a satanist, or it is fine to believe in both since I have read that satan is not an entity in the Church of Satan?

I do not mean that this "god" has to go hand in hand with the bible description, because mine is quite far off from the bible in the way that the church interpret him, but *only* metaphorically but not directly as interpreted, he seemed to fit a number of descriptions in there.

2. How much do I have to abide with to become, well, a "satanist"? This is, member or non member.

3. Is it true that between satanist in the Church of Satan, or those who adopt the philosophy of this church, other than the very fundamental, are real satanist?

4. Is it alright to add to the existing philosophy of satanism?

5. If there is a healthy debate, what is the most important? Edit: as in the aspect of satan or extending to everyday life

6. While rituals matter at first when we learn magic spells etc, can we go without them in both theory and practice, or we can go with the theory behind it, live inside it, and the ritual can eventually be ignored in the physical?

7. Is there a way to control accidentally fired magick?

8. https://www.churchofsatan.com/ritual-in-satanists-life.php
-- This is exactly what I am after, but I want a little more detail of how exactly it works, ie by natural/scientific, or supernatural means. A sentence or two will do.

I know that a lot of questions here sound a bit errr, but still, thanks for reading. I hope I have done enough to ask something that is at least sensible.

Last edited by IndigoViolet11; 07/05/18 05:09 PM.
Re: Can Satanist believe in God? And more questions [Re: IndigoViolet11] #506394
07/05/18 10:30 PM
07/05/18 10:30 PM
Point Nemo in Pacific Ocean
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister
Nemo  Offline
CoS Magister

First of all, it was very wise of you to ask your questions here where only experienced and officially recognized members of the Church of Satan will offer answers.

By doing so you will save yourself from having to wonder whether the "answers" you read are reliable or only off-the-cuff mere opinion from those who may or may not know what they are talking about.

Most of your questions in this thread tend to be based on prior assumptions you have made about god, gods, Satanism, etc.

This reminds me of the old joke about the attorney who grilled the defendant with the question, "Have you finally stopped beating your wife, yes or no???" grin

Satanism REQUIRES study.

One reason for that study is to see through these kinds of prior assumptions.

A good place to start your study is the FAQ here.

Reading that might take a few minutes but may save you years of confusion.

No joke.

Specifically about atheism, I suggest reading my own essay on this topic here.

I think my essay may save you even more time.

...which is partly why I did write it. grin

Re: Can Satanist believe in God? And more questions [Re: Nemo] #506395
07/06/18 12:39 PM
07/06/18 12:39 PM

Thank you for answering!

I admit that it is hard to get into my head that there are more than one definition and concepts in here that are so different from the rest of the world and what I was always been taught, down to the fundamental of what is what. Sometimes I cant even distinguish what things were taught by others, and what things aren't. For example, the concept of the absent of god or having god not being a requirement in a philosophy is alone hard to grasp already, especially when I saw the Church of Satan stands without the need of a god at all.

I was like, hey aren't things suppose to be like this because of that? When talking about athiest and god, it is atheist vs god, and not the need or non-need of any god or gods, not at all whether it is or not being a requirement to have one. If something is a rule, at all, even in new age movement, we are obligated not to question any notion that we have and experience. We are simply not allowed to do so as such is a severe degration and a humilation of who we are and what we are doing. Basically say, if you do not follow, you are basically ruining yourself both physically and spiritually, and a lot of people take their believe as their pride.

I guess nothing makes anymore sense in here anymore. It is just a bunch of confusion and I wasn't sure about anything i have learned anymore, though your answer did clear up things quite a proportion, especially the essay you posted in the Church of Satan website.

But just one final thing I want to ask. While the faq is a good start, other than that, what is the first fundamental thing that as a church will encourage? I am guessing reading a lot of material from the church and faq first (which I mean IS important in other religions as well as in here)? But in here I mean providing that I have looked at the fundamental believes in satanism. I am alright with all the statements in the website, but even the strictest and unforgiving religion will claim that they too are free to think and explore etc, and they encourage anyways, for people to think and feel about it (even those ones that aren't true to their statement, they declare so). Or like a lot of church, they said exactly the same thing as the Church of Satan in this aspect. Doctrine here, unless it hinders knowledge in an obvious way, really isn't the issue I am concerned about.

Thank you once again.... I do not mean more than how far you will go on this aspect, and nothing more.

Last edited by IndigoViolet11; 07/06/18 04:40 PM. Reason: typo as main reason
The key word is DOUBT. [Re: IndigoViolet11] #506396
07/06/18 07:33 PM
07/06/18 07:33 PM
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister
Nemo  Offline
CoS Magister

In answer to your continuing question I will repeat that "Satanism requires study", as stated by the founder, Anton LaVey.

And what are the primary books to study?

Here they are.

People who don't understand Satanism also do not really understand what is clearly written in our literature.

Satanists are NOT into beliefs at all.

Beliefs include disbeliefs as well.

Remember that a disbelief is only another kind of belief - a belief that something is NOT real.

The primary single word that we attend to is "doubt".

So when you start with doubt this lets you draw conclusions regarding what is probably so.

And if it is of no useful benefit to you, why should you even care?

This religion is dedicated to what works for individuals as individuals.

We deny that "groups" even exist except as a ways of describing a bunch of individuals. wink

Human beings are born naturally selfish.

To the extent they don't screw up on that initial excellent approach to life they tend to find happiness and satisfaction.

To the extent they try to live otherwise they tend to find pain and misery.

Everyone chooses moment by moment which way to go.

We like OUR way! grin

But don't just BELIEVE this.

DOUBT it and see what seems to be real for yourself.

That is what savvy Satanists do. wink

Re: The key word is DOUBT. [Re: Nemo] #506397
07/07/18 07:28 AM
07/07/18 07:28 AM

Thank you! I was just not being able to get in mind into the whole thing. It was too fake to me when it was stated in the website even I notice that the faq said so. In my eyes nobody will ever dare to doubt their leaders no matter what they say, and this is difficult for me to get around.

But if the post you have made clearly is what satanism IS, plus you did practice the art of doubt, then I can put my doubts about whether you guys actually do as you said you will aside.

Once again, thank you smile

Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics43,731
Posts401,431
Members13,392
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.028s Queries: 15 (0.018s) Memory: 3.7987 MB (Peak: 4.2372 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-12-10 03:57:25 UTC