Print Thread
What Kind of Satanists are you? #506645
11/24/18 09:42 PM
11/24/18 09:42 PM
Halifax, NS, Canada
Zenarith Offline OP
Zenarith  Offline OP

Halifax, NS, Canada

Hey guys... I was a member of the 600 Club forum... I often spoke my point about being loyal to Satanism as a Theist Satanist.
I believe that there are many Devils in Hell, some Evil Spirits on Earth and a lot of Shadows that worship Satanism in the afterlife.

I believe that in order to die and not go to Hell as a Satanist you either need a Satanic Funeral from the Church of Satan or from a Shadow that understands how they avoided Hell and understands how you can avoid Hell...

I believe in Hell, Satan and the Devil...
As a Satanist I make allies with those that practise in the Dark Forces, especially those in the afterlife.

Most Satanists on the 600 Club saw no truth in being a Satanist, and either they were there own God (Satanist) or they were Athiest (Satanist)...

I know Joy of Satan is aware of the Devil and follows practises of the Devil...

My question before going there, is this:

How many people here are aware of the Devil... Is it a majority or are most people here talking about self worth through Satanism?

Re: What Kind of Satanists are you? [Re: Zenarith] #506646
11/25/18 04:02 PM
11/25/18 04:02 PM
El Reno, Oklahoma
Robert K Stock Offline
CoS Member
Robert K Stock  Offline
CoS Member

El Reno, Oklahoma
I am a Satanist who has read the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey and saw myself reflected in its' pages. There is no other kind of Satanist. All others are devil worshipping Christian heretics.

Re: What Kind of Satanists are you? [Re: Zenarith] #506654
12/01/18 09:36 PM
12/01/18 09:36 PM
Nashville, TN
LowKey Offline
CoS Member
LowKey  Offline
CoS Member

Nashville, TN
I think you'll generally find that those of us who identify with Satanism as it was codified by Anton LaVey don't accept any other definitions of Satanism. You see, we are aware of the fact that he was the first to give Satanism a clear definition. Before, satanism (with a lower-case "s") was just a word used by people to describe any action, idea, etc. that they deemed morally reprehensible. Now that Magus LaVey has given a definite meaning to the term, we see no reason to muddy it up again with multiple denominations or "beliefs". So, to us, if your philosophy or religion doesn't sync with LaVey's basic primer on Satanism, The Satanic Bible, then you simply aren't a Satanist, no matter how much you identify with your personal concept of Satan.

Re: What Kind of Satanists are you? [Re: Zenarith] #506657
12/02/18 10:07 PM
12/02/18 10:07 PM
Pacific NW, USA
Kilkarion Offline
Kilkarion  Offline

Pacific NW, USA
My experience with people seems to indicate that Theistic Satanist can be more prone to a zealot and follower mentality. It's almost as though they are just looking for a replacement for Christian Fundamentalism. Atheistic Satanists, on the other hand, seem to be more balanced about things.

I see myself in The Satanic Bible, but I'm not quite a philosophical materialist; I'm unwilling at this point to reach a final conclusion whether exterior, nonphysical and nonhuman intelligences actually exist or are perhaps just psychological constructs and projections. If the magic works, it kinda doesn't matter.

The main point, for me, is that there is no external boss-man for me to become a follower of.

(Also. red-on-blue text is a bit difficult to read.)

Last edited by Kilkarion; 12/02/18 10:08 PM.
Re: What Kind of Satanists are you? [Re: Kilkarion] #506659
12/03/18 09:40 AM
12/03/18 09:40 AM
Ausar Offline
COS Member
Ausar  Offline
COS Member

I'm unwilling at this point to reach a final conclusion whether exterior, nonphysical and nonhuman intelligences actually exist or are perhaps just psychological constructs and projections. If the magic works, it kinda doesn't matter.
]

Skepticism? Check.

Pragmatism? Check.

Both strong Satanic qualities.

Last edited by Ausar; 12/03/18 09:43 AM.
Re: What Kind of Satanists are you? [Re: Kilkarion] #506664
12/04/18 09:23 AM
12/04/18 09:23 AM
North Carolina
RussTheArtist Offline
RussTheArtist  Offline

North Carolina
Originally Posted by Kilkarion
My experience with people seems to indicate that Theistic Satanist can be more prone to a zealot and follower mentality. It's almost as though they are just looking for a replacement for Christian Fundamentalism. Atheistic Satanists, on the other hand, seem to be more balanced about things.

You must be a carpenter cause you hit the nail on the head with that one.

I have a friend that is theistic with his Satanism and I'll admit I play into that when he asks me for advice. He thinks I'm a Satanic priest cause, well, I led him to believe it. I like helping people so feeding into his theism helps me help him. I feel like a minister or counselor when I do it. It's not self-deceit if I'm not the one being deceived, but then I'm not being deceitful, I'm using lesser magic to scratch that itch I have about helping people. But I digress.

Yes, the theistic ones do seek out surrogate deities in lieu of the ones they left behind. I'd argue they're Diabolists in the same vain as Crowley.

Re: What Kind of Satanists are you? [Re: Zenarith] #506668
12/06/18 05:34 PM
12/06/18 05:34 PM
Pacific NW, USA
Kilkarion Offline
Kilkarion  Offline

Pacific NW, USA
Zenarith,

Have we scared you away and/or disappointed you with our "kind" of Satanism?

If you're still around, I'm curious about this statement you made above:
I believe that in order to die and not go to Hell as a Satanist you either need a Satanic Funeral from the Church of Satan

You seem to be making a statement about the Church of Satan which they (we) do not make about the Church: namely, that a Satanic Funeral has some sort of impact on the individual's post-life existence (if there is one). I'm curious about how you formed such a belief when the Church itself has not, to the best of my knowledge, made such a dogmatic statement. (Of course, if the Church of Satan has made such a statement and I am forgetting it, I welcome correction.)

Re: What Kind of Satanists are you? [Re: Ausar] #506669
12/06/18 05:40 PM
12/06/18 05:40 PM
Pacific NW, USA
Kilkarion Offline
Kilkarion  Offline

Pacific NW, USA
Thanks. As a former Christian Fundamentalist, it took me quite some time to reach this more complex "third side" instead of falling directly into strident and angry atheism and materialism.

I am more boring at parties, however, since I tend to answer dramatic questions with answers like, "Well, it depends on what you mean by that."

Originally Posted by Ausar
I'm unwilling at this point to reach a final conclusion whether exterior, nonphysical and nonhuman intelligences actually exist or are perhaps just psychological constructs and projections. If the magic works, it kinda doesn't matter.
]

Skepticism? Check.

Pragmatism? Check.

Both strong Satanic qualities.

Re: What Kind of Satanists are you? [Re: RussTheArtist] #506670
12/06/18 05:51 PM
12/06/18 05:51 PM
Pacific NW, USA
Kilkarion Offline
Kilkarion  Offline

Pacific NW, USA
Originally Posted by RussTheArtist
Yes, the theistic ones do seek out surrogate deities in lieu of the ones they left behind. I'd argue they're Diabolists in the same vain as Crowley.

At the risk of hijacking Zenarith's thread (if they're even still around), I just have to share the fact that Crowley has had such a huge influence on my personal spiritual development. It's almost funny that so many folks consider him the archetypal Satanist when he was actually so opposed to Black Magick. But then again, Crowley publicly claimed the title of The Great Beast and encouraged and welcomed his diabolical reputation while purposely publishing writings that left themselves open to various types of interpretation.

But taken as a whole, Crowley's writings betray a very serious ambivalence regarding the objective "reality" of the work he was doing and the entities he was in communication with. I spent years willfully ignoring his own "Initiated Interpretation of Ceremonial Magick," in which Crowley flat out states that the Goetic demons do not have objective existence external to the magician. I was so disappointed by this essay twenty-five years ago because I wanted so badly to believe in a world of angels and demons engaged in combat for my immortal soul.

Re: What Kind of Satanists are you? [Re: Zenarith] #506682
Yesterday at 09:20 PM
Yesterday at 09:20 PM
angeldust666 Online
angeldust666  Online

LaVeyan

Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics43,731
Posts401,439
Members13,394
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.020s Queries: 14 (0.015s) Memory: 1.0393 MB (Peak: 1.1806 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-12-12 02:39:38 UTC