Topic Options
#51358 - 08/04/04 12:21 AM Satanism in business?
mikebell Offline

I'm new to the whole concept of Satanism. I'm an atheist and I've read Satanic Bible and it was interesting.

I'm wondering if anyone has adopted some of the Satanic rules to business world and what was the success rate? How would someone fare in business by following some of the Satanic teachings?

Hope my question is not too vague...

Hail Satan!

#51359 - 08/04/04 12:56 AM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: mikebell]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Quote:

I'm wondering if anyone has adopted some of the Satanic rules to business world

Yes

Quote:

How would someone fare in business by following some of the Satanic teachings?

As well as they would fare without them. It is about the drive of the person in the business, not the "teachings" he has learned.

Just like in all of life's little ventures. It is not what you know, but how you apply it to your own ends.

I don't recall your introduction.

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#51360 - 08/04/04 01:10 AM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: mikebell]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Actually, this is one of the more provoking questions asked lately. Satanism and business go hand in hand; what's good for business is good for the Satanist (who owns said business).

I would say as a general philosophy, Satanism would apply a rather Machiavellian approach to business; that is, what benefits you most. This should not be construed to say that it must be cutthroat; sometimes being benevolent is a very good thing for either politics or business.

Furthermore, application of such Satanic principles such as lesser magic in advertising and display/promotion, up to the point of sale, are all clearly valid and useful ways to incorporate Satanic ideas into the business world.

Businessmen strike me as needing to apply Satanic principles more than most professions. I should be especially interested to hear what those who own businesses, Satanism-related or otherwise, have to say about this.

#51361 - 08/04/04 03:38 AM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: mikebell]
sCara Offline

Quote:

I'm wondering if anyone has adopted some of the Satanic rules to business world

Sure. Regardless of if they are aware of it or not, I am of the opinion that almost if not all successful businesses do.

Quote:

..and what was the success rate?

That will vary based on the individual's abilities, realism, innovation..

Quote:

How would someone fare in business by following some of the Satanic teachings?

To be a li'l nitty-picky for a second (and speak only for myself, of course), Satanists do not follow "teachings." If anything, any and all text given as a descriptive serves two main purposes. The first would be that it is a codified system via which The Satanist recognizes that s/he is in fact a Satanist. The second would be that, via these same materials, anyone else that cares to will know a bit about The Satanist. What I'm trying to say is that they are not an effort to naturally follow for the Satanist.

Now, as far as myself in business, I've done very well, considering that I've only been at it for a few months. I already have loyal repeat customers, excellent reviews, growth, and (perhaps most importantly, hehe) profits.

#51362 - 08/04/04 08:04 AM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: mikebell]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Excellent subject!

This is worthy of a long essay... however, it's already 6:30 AM, and I need to attend to my business.

Seriously though...

What comes to mind immediately, is that it was my nature as a Satanist that drove me to be a self-employed businessman from as far back as I can remember thinking about the subjects of money and control of my life.

I had twenty years of being my own boss (some years more successfully then others!) before I stumbled across the fact that I had been born a Satanist and had been applying Satanic principles in my businesses (as in the rest of my life) all along.

Having the principles I had always been using anyway spelled out clearly and explicitly as Satanic provided both an epiphanal confirmation and a "turbo-boost".

One thing (among many) that is so extremely beautiful about Satanic thought, specifically regarding business, is that Satanism removes all moralistic barriers and boundaries around the subject of greed, wealth, and societal collectivist notions of having to balance one's welfare (which is definitely real) with some sort of charitable philanthropic impulses/actions (which is somewhat abstract and on a lesser level of "reality").

It is natural for some, but not all, to have a natural desire to contribute to "others": Satanism puts this natural (for some) impulse firmly in the category of a chosen pleasurable indulgence, rather than a mandatory compulsion.

(Those who choose to argue this point may want to review the sin of solipsism and carefully research the behaviour of primates in groups first. The impulse to compassion for the non-biologically-related helpless young of our species is not simply an invention of white-light religions, but "million-year" hard-wired... in some... but not all. White-lighters solipsize this quality, some Satanists I have observed solipsize its absence.)

It has been my intent to be a billionaire for as long as I can remember. The odds are against me, obviously.

However, should I achieve that, (or any fraction of it), it is great to know that I don't have to ever share a fucking penny with "those less fortunate", unless of course doing so would provide an addtional source of pleasure and gratification, which in my case, it would.

Excuse my taking your question off on a tangent. I'm sure others will address your specific questions in a somewhat more straightforward manner.

In short, whether a businessperson knows it or not, if they are successful, Satanic principles have been applied.

Inversely, many business principles are inherently Satanic. Satanists who fail to study solid business principles, even if they employed by others, a student, or stay-at-home parent, are missing a great deal of useful information applicable by metaphor in other ways.

This subject is worthy of not one, but probably many books.

Time to go mind my business.

#51363 - 08/04/04 09:07 AM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: mikebell]
DarknessAbounds Offline

Loc: Delaware, United States.
"Do what you know": This should be the motto for all business owners.

It is important to remember that what you do is not what generates the cash; it's how you do it. You can have the most important business in town, however, if you have no knowledge of your product and/or customer base (said customers wants and needs), then you will not succeed regardless.

As it has been stated, most business owners will succeed or fail based on their skills, not on their philosophy.

A healthy knowledge of society goes a far way towards a prosperous business as well. Despite arguments to the contrary, most people are motivated by greed; knowing how to play on that greed is the key to a good business. Also one can't forget that the Herd is based on comfort, so all propaganda should be geared towards that comfort and security; the Herd does not like risk.

Essentially a good business owner realizes the Satanic perspective even if they do not realize it, therefor it is unimportant to addapt anything, as it is already present.

#51364 - 08/04/04 09:41 AM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: mikebell]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
I'll keep it extremely simple: THE BOTTOM LINE.

Very Satanic indeed.

There is a reason why the volumes written on the subject of 'Business Ethics' now simply serve as filler for bookshelves.

#51365 - 08/04/04 10:00 AM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: Solomon]
Mars Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Mid-Atlantic USA
For me I deal directly with the sheep..er..I mean public, so Lesser Magic plays an important roll. I “read” people and adjust myself to the situation and flow with it. I don’t try to manipulate them in an unethical way but rather play on who they are to make them feel I’m the best person for them as tattooing is a very personal service and they need to feel “special.” So if special will get me paid, special they shall be!

Awaken the Dragon Within!

#51366 - 08/04/04 10:22 AM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: Mars]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Quote:

I don’t try to manipulate them in an unethical way but rather play on who they are to make them feel I’m the best person for them as tattooing is a very personal service and they need to feel “special.”

That's exactly my experience. I have some tattoos from different artists and they all had this special trait in common, although each of them was a different personality. This is something, in my opinion, that is very important for the work as a tattoo artist. All those tattoers had the ability to make me feel comfortable and gave me the feeling they are really concentrated not only on their work, but also on my personal wishes or preferences, but on a much more personal level than you know for example from hair stylists, most of which I experienced rather shallow (maybe that's the unconscious reason I have long hair now ).

Good luck with your further work.

#51367 - 08/04/04 12:43 PM Re: Thanks [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Mars Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Mid-Atlantic USA
Thanks, Lars. I posted a pic of a piece I did in the art section called "Joined at the Tongue" check it out if you like.

Awaken the Dragon Within!

#51368 - 08/04/04 04:49 PM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: Mr_Atrox]
mikebell Offline

How do Satanists look at morals and ethics? Are thy bound by any?

PS: You're right about any lack of ethics in business!

#51369 - 08/04/04 04:56 PM Please introduce youerself [Re: mikebell]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Before posting any further, might I suggest that you post your required introduction in the proper forum? Failure to do so within the time allotted by Magister Ventrue could result in the deletion of your account.
Prevention of Virtue

#51370 - 08/04/04 05:00 PM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: mikebell]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Anyone in business who is perceived by the masses to be lacking in morals and ethics will have innumerable problems.

ALL of my clients, if surveyed, would agree with the statement that I am an ethical and moral individual. It is not an accident that this is so.

This does not imply that I am "bound" by such rules psychologically. (I find the choice of the word "bound" to be apt, by the way.)

It does imply that the failure to recognize and act consistently on the need as a business owner to be percieved by my clients and the general public as an honest, moral, ethical, reliable man of integrity would be an act of stupidity, which is of course a Satanic Sin.

So, am I actually a moral and ethical person?

Answer A: That's for me to know and you to never find out.

Answer B: The question itself is nonsensical and only answerable contextually and not absolutely.

If all this is of actual interest, I suggest re-reading The Satanic Bible... and read all the other literature... far more carefully than I believe you actually have.

P.S. Oh, and go introduce yourself properly.

Edited by Daark (08/04/04 05:03 PM)

#51371 - 08/05/04 02:44 AM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: Quaark]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
I'm not sure if this is entirely on-topic. But I'll post here anyway because it seems to fit without making another thread.

But as far as money, business, and the Satanism goes, I find that Satanism mixes quite well with the capitalistic economic system. Both emphasise the acheivements of creative individuals and rewards their successful efforts with money and, or recognition.

I like to talk about finance, economics, and means of making oneself financially independant. As it is my current subject of personal research and study. It is a personal goal of mine to make myself financially independant within the next 10 years. Not filthy rich, just the ability to not be forced into working a day job, where I can sit at home and plot more grandiose things to do with my money. I'll worry about the "filthy rich" part after I don't have to work full time to support myself.

The whole key to this is generating passive income. Passive income is money that you don't have to work for. There are many ways to do this, and according to advice I've been taking the easiest route is through real estate investment.

Anyone interested in taking this path of enrichment, I would reccomend that you read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" series of books by Robert Kiyosaki. And pursue a real estate investment education course by Carlton Sheets. The whole thing might set you back 300$ in all, but the information is well worth money and time to review.

One thing that I found to be very interesting, and I think it was in one of the Rich Dad books. He made a point about the difference of what is stressed in schools, and what is wanted by your financial lenders. In school they stress that you get "good grades" and "get a good job". But when you leave school, it's really your banker and your financial consultants that you have to ultimately make an accounting to. To quote Mr. Kiyosaki, "Your banker doesn't look at your report card from highschool.". Success is not neccessarily tied to "traditional" education, if one has a good business sense, and a few good ideas for building a steady source of passivee income, makes plans and then acts upon them... wealth will come slowly but surely. Or quickly and surely. But it will come.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#51372 - 08/05/04 08:58 PM Re: Satanism in business? [Re: mikebell]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Who is Bill Gates?

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406029 Posts